View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #26
CelticMoonDance

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-wavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1228kimberly
You know, I am beginning to think I am a weird wavy girl. Am I the only one whose hair loves condioners of any kind all the time Have I destroyed my hair that much in recent straightening/highlighting years?
You're not alone!! My hair is actually pretty healthy since I stopped torturing it, but it's extremely porous and just drinks up as much moisture as I can give it. Now that it's summer and very hot & humid here, I've changed my routine & stopped using gels in favor of products that add moisture.

Currently, I shampoo roughly every 3 days or so either with Jessicurl's HCC or Giovanni's 50:50 shampoo or Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner (whatever seems right that day). I usually condition with Jessicurl's TooShea! in the shower & rinse most but not all of it out. After showering I blot most of the moisture out with a regular towel, then take about a pea-sized amount of Elucence MBC, smooth it in my hands & rake it throughout the length of my hair. Last step is to smooth a small amount of Kinky-Curly Curling Custard through the length of my hair, then let it either air-dry or blow dry on low speed / low heat if I'm in a hurry.

This combination seems to be exactly what my hair needs right now -- I get soft, shiny, touchable, fairly frizz-free waves -- and best of all, the results are very consistent.

Glad we have a 2b gathering place!!
We seem to have the same kind of routine with washing/conditioning. My hair loves Too Shea & EMB too. I don't think I will ever be caught without them

I am just now getting the hang of Jessicurl products and I am loving them; so, I better hold off on trying the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Although, now I really want to try that too

Maybe what we 2b's need to do is swap each other samples of the products we want to try before we buy them. Anyone have any thougts on this? If there is interest maybe we could start a new "swap" thread here.

Kimberly