View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
mafalda

I hope I am not guanoing this post if I ask you all what the difference between humectant and oils is. What is considered a humectant. So far I have tried coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil (I know, a wax) with no success. Just a frizzy mess. (hey, that rhymes!) I am trying to figure out which is best for my hair. Maybe I could try different oils, but I don't want to load up on oils, if my hair really needs humectants.

Also, I believe that in the kinky-curly site, she explains that oil helps to keep moisture in the hair and helps in a protective way to coat the hair but only when moisture is already present in the hair. If it isn't, then hair needs humectants, not oil. Is this right? What would consist of a humectant and what products contain them?

Sorry, if this was already discussed, but I would appreciate if someone would bump up any thread. I am having trouble with the search engine.