I have a constant love/hate relationship with Angell. However, I have been having better results than normal with it lately. It may turn out to be just a summer thing for me too. I first ordered it last fall, so this is my first real chance to use it in hot weather.

I do need to mix it with a stronger hold gel to have any luck. I haven't been a huge fan of the B&A + Angell combo, but I have had pretty good luck with an Abba Weightless + Angell combo, probably a 1:3 Abba to Angell ratio.

FYI: my routine is to poo twice per week (currently experimenting with no sulfate vs. mild sulfate poos), condition everyday with Trader Joe's (rinse all of it out...I do have a spray leave-in which I occasionally spritz on but my hair tends to get overconditioned somewhat easily). I then rake in a curl enhancer (usually RR or Re:coil, or a tiny dab of both) after blotting my hair a bit. Shake to reform clumps, flip over and scrunch with microfiber or t-shirt. Scrunch in gel du jour, plop, diffuse to 80%, airdry the rest of the way. This is my rountine whether I use the Angell combo as the gel du jour or some other gel.
2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs