I passed out for the very first time about 6 weeks ago. I have no idea why. I was sitting outside at my mom's picnic table when I started feeling dizzy and broke out into a cold sweat. I got up to go get myself a cold washcloth. I made it about 20 feet, things turned black and I noticed the ground getting and closer to me.
Originally Posted by ScaryCurl
This is exactly what happens to me. I seem to pass out whenever I'm in severe pain or when I see/hear about something really gross (I am such a wimp). I honestly can't even count the number of times it's happened, but off the top of my head, I've passed out after getting a contact stuck in my eye and after my sister slammed my finger in the door. Also, whenever I get severe period cramps I faint.

This was so embarassing, but in HS, my health teacher was talking about eptopic pregnancies (spelling?), and she was going into a very detailed description about this, and the next thing I know, I'm face up on the concrete floor in my class. I think I freaked the other kids out. Now, I can tell when I'm going to faint, so I sit down with my head between my legs, and if I'm lucky and if my mom's around, she'll make me drink orange juice to get my blood sugar up.

I have been to the doctor so many times for this, b/c every time it happens, my parents freak out and want me to get checked out, but every single time, the doctor rule out anemia and says that some people are prone to fainting at times of extreme pain, or because of my squeamish stomach, when I hear something gross.