View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
dia99

I forgot to come back to this thread.

Bounce, I don't know what to do. You can see I'm not doing to well with my brother , so I guess I'm not the best person to give advice.

If I had it to do over again, I would have called child protective services on my mom when I was a kid. I never did because I thought it would be disrespectful of her, and she promised she'd cut the fingers off I used to dial (and I believed her)!

With my brother, all of his behavior started as a child, and my dad was not strong enough to leave my mom, or to make us go to counseling (though he threatened it when he'd get really mad). So, I wish I had been stronger for my younger siblings. Now, all I can do is keep all of them lifted up in prayer, and say something when I find out about wrongs done to them or by them. I know our upbringing didn't "make" them crazy, but I'm sure it triggered some stuff, and certain it didn't help them any.

I am so afraid that my brother will end up dead if people keep covering for him. I am a little worried about other people, but my brother really isn't violent, so I'm more afraid he'll hurt himself, or the police will kill him - he's 6'6 and HUGE (used to play football), so I'm afraid the police won't be slow with the gun if they get in an altercation. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them because they can't know what a wonderful person he is - they would just be meeting this paranoid, belligerent HUGE guy who wasn't complying with what they asked him to do.

So, yeah, for me this is all I know to do. I tell Dia now to call 911 if I or anyone else ever do something to hurt her and she can't talk to us about it. I know mental illness can be hereditary, so I don't want to take chances with her. If I ever snapped, I want her to know she doesn't have to feel guilty about getting help. I'm sure this will bite me in the butt the first time she's really grounded , but better safe than sorry!