Hey firelily

You may just be blessed with naturally spirally hair! In which case, don't worry about using a gel. I've experimented with gels only because i feel i "need" to because every other curly seems to use one! (i've just ordered some Confident Coils because I can't help but think "i'll give it one more go, i might be missing out" it'll probably be on the swap board in a week ). My experience is usually the opposite of what most people report, I get droopy curls when i DO use gel because my hair is so easily weighed down, gels seems to stop it springing up! I find leave-ins or coconut oil help my hair hold a curl better as the better moisturised my hair is the more it springs up. I do have quite fine hair though so i can see that if i had a thicker hair i'd need hold.

Best of Luck!
Originally Posted by GrecianCurls
Yeah, my hair spirals, no matter what, and there's not really any difference between my hair in the beginning of the day and the end of the day. Aside from really humid days, it looks great no matter what (or at least I think so).

So...I guess I forget the gel or needing any hold, and go for the cream stylers, which seem to work better at definition and frizz control.
Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
Love the hair!