I get bad cramps when I ovulate, so that's an easy sign, but I know that there are a couple of days before ovulation when you're also fertile and finding those has really taught me a lot about me!

Question: My mama always said this and I have no idea if it's true or if it was her way of trying to make me feel better, but she always said if you get bad menstrual cramps and know there is no medical cause (ie. endometriosis) it is a good chance that you're very fertile and could conceive easily. Is this an old wives' tale?
Originally Posted by Amneris
I'd say Old Wives' tale, because I had TERRIBLE cramps and was not incredibly fertile. It took 18 months to conceive #1, 8 for #2 and 10 for #3.

I am on the Pill, because it lessens my cramps and my flow greatly. Plus it's sort of in my hands. If I get pregnant again, it's my fault, it's not because some Dr. didn't tie my tubes or my husband's right, or didn't place the IUD in right. As long as I use it correctly, I know I won't get pregnant.

Although, after 3 kids, I'm toying with the idea of both me AND DH getting fixed and STILL staying on the Pill. Just to be doubly- triply- extra sure.
Originally Posted by Poodlehead
Wives tale. I have ridiculous cramps, mennageria (spelled wrong), and it is extremely hard for me to concieve and/or carry to term. My twins are a miracle (and million dollar babies.....thank god for insurance)