View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #38
CelticMoonDance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1228kimberly
My twins are a miracle (and million dollar babies.....thank god for insurance)
How so?
I have a progesterone deficiency. So IF I get pregnant, it is very hard for me to carry to term. The placenta does not start producing progesterone until around 14 weeks. Without progeterone my body won't sustain a pregnancy. If the pregnancy is not caught early enough, I miscarry. I found out that I was pregant at 5 weeks because I miscarried one child and the bleeding tipped me off as to my condition as well as the doctor. I was able to take progesterone and carry my children past the crucial stage.

I had severe morning sickness to the point I was constantly dehydrated; and, went into labor the first time at 24 weeks. I was in and out of the hospital (admitted) 10 times before I deliverd them by C-Section. I went to the hospital for stress tests from 30 weeks on twice a week; and, was put on bed rest at that time. I developed Pregancy Induced Hypertension. All, in all pregnancy was horrible for me, and, I reallly wanted to enjoy it.

I am happy to say that they were both over 6lbs and I made it to 37.5 weeks. I gave birth to them by c-section after being in labor (not intense but plenty) for three days. I was given a morphine spinal and we found out I am allergic to morphine. It was pretty bad and I almost died. I didn't see them until they were 10 hours old or so. They also had jaundice; and, a visiting nurse came to check up on all three of us for the first six weeks. I still had health problems and the nurse monitored me as well as my children.

All of that really added up. You should have seen the hospital bills for all three of us due to pregnancy/child birth/aftercare. I wasn't joking when I said they were million dollar babies

Please know that I am not complaining or whining about any of the above. It was the only way I knew how to answer the question. Also, the medical facts I stated are from memory and happened 10 years ago. Some might be slightly off or out dated