I think that's a good point. There are definitely some folks who can't get the hang of no-pooing because they can't let go of that squeaky feeling (that means your hair is stripped).
Originally Posted by SuZen
I gotta admit, I love that squeaky clean feeling! I know that my hair is healthier when I don't shampoo and it still feels clean, I just like the feeling after I've shampooed.

Some more simple ideas, roses_ashes - Never brush curly hair! Never. Don't towel dry hair (creates frizz). If you want to dry your hair with a towel, get a microfiber one (less frizz) and gently scrunch or pat your hair, no rubbing. When you're in the shower, don't pile your hair on top of your head, because this messes up the curl pattern. If you must comb, use a wide-toothed one, but only comb in the shower or when you're applying product. Once you've applied product, don't touch!! I used to always want to keep scrunching my hair, but this just encourages frizz. If you don't want to air dry, use a diffuser. I like the bowl diffuser better than a sock kind. A great diffusing method is here, thanks to PixieCurl:
here's the method i've found for maximizing curls/volume and minimizing frizz:

flip hair upside down and put hair from front middle section (closest to forehead in the bowl of the diffuser, and hold bowl all the way against scalp so it is "scrunching" your curls for you. THEN i turn the dryer on, pressing the cool shot whenever it gets too hot for my scalp. i then TURN IT OFF before removing the bowl from my scalp. then i go to the front right section and repeat, then front left, then flip right side up and get the underside, then flip back upside down and get anywhere i missed. i don't diffuse until 100% dry, and it doesn't look quite right until it's finished airdrying all the way and i flip upside down and scrunch again.

the key is only having the blowdryer on when the bowl is against your scalp because this minimizes your hair getting blown around and thus minimizes frizz.

hope this helps!
That's all that I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there's more. Curly hair is darn complicated!!
3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.