I am visiting friends in NYC and one of them asked me if I gained weight since the last time she saw me.

My friend's comment reminded me that I am susceptible to weight gain since I am hypothyroid.

Since diagnosed with hypothyroidism about two years ago I have happily gained 15 pounds. I am in my mid-twenties now and do not want to gain weight as I get older (outside of my future pregnancy weight). More importantly, I want to remain active because it is a big stress reliever.

The last time I went to the doctor in April I was 5'6'' and 135. I am normal weight for my height so I am not worried about loosing weight (if I fall below 130 I start to look sick). I just do not want to gain anymore weight.

So, I decided to jump on the Curly Fitness journal "bandwagon."
I would like you curlies to help me stay on track and prevent careless weight gain.

To be honest, since starting my PhD program, I have also become very sporadic with my exercising and I need someone (Cherish ) to wag the finger at me when I "forget" to exercise. For some reason when it is crunch time for writing a paper exercising and eating balance meals go write out the door.
We're all born mad. Some remain so.