CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   3 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/)
-   -   It's Growing Fast (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/135406-its-growing-fast.html)

Jyson 11-04-2011 08:14 PM

It's Growing Fast
 
Hey yall,
I haven't been on here in awhile (and I usually post in the guy's section. lol) But I wanted to post something here and say hello if that's cool. :) Anyways, I've been growing my hair out since the beginning of July, and so far it's grown 3 1/2 inches already.
After my haircut in the beginning of July
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a.../IMG_1012b.jpg
And now
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/IMAG0614.jpg

afrochick 11-04-2011 10:16 PM

Your hair is GORGEOUS. So jealous....

sweetmx85 11-04-2011 10:23 PM

very pretty


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Blog:www.curlygirlie85.blogspot.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/sophiams85

BellaAmore 11-05-2011 12:14 PM

:blob8: wow!!!! what a difference a few months make! thats beautiful!

EDIT: was that a snake around your neck in the first picture??

Jyson 11-06-2011 11:06 AM

Thanks yall!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCityKurl (Post 1804823)
:blob8: wow!!!! what a difference a few months make! thats beautiful!

EDIT: was that a snake around your neck in the first picture??

Yeah that was one of my snakes. I'm a snake breeder/collector.

My hair feels so much softer too now that I've been taking care of it.

Runawrye 11-07-2011 03:49 PM

Your hair is GORGEOUS and really long after only a few months! Congrats! I wish my hair grew that fast.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App

Jyson 11-08-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runawrye (Post 1806421)
Your hair is GORGEOUS and really long after only a few months! Congrats! I wish my hair grew that fast.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App

Thanks! Try putting some honey in with your conditioner. About once a week I put a little bit of honey in with my conditioner and let it sit for about 5-10 min. It makes my hair feel so damn soft (for atleast 3-5 days) and it defines my curls. I discovered this when I started putting honey on my scalp to relieve my dry scalp; I think that and just shampooing less and cowashing more has some how helped to make my hair grow faster. That and eating healthier, I've lost 61 lbs. so far.

naturalnewb 11-08-2011 09:38 AM

Congrats on your progress: for both the hair growth and weight loss :)

Gretchen 11-08-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturalnewb (Post 1806906)
Congrats on your progress: for both the hair growth and weight loss :)

+1

briannamarieb 11-14-2011 05:09 PM

Your hair is beautiful and great job on the weight loss :). So jealous of your hair and weight loss

AngelicCurli 11-19-2011 08:41 AM

Definitely beautiful hair and great tips! Your story is inspiring. Seems like going natural with hair sometimes leads to going natural with foods and making better choices in general because you become aware of what you are subjecting yourself to. I'm pretty new to this, but I'm happy to report a loss of 18 lbs since 08/2011!

Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my PG86100 using CurlTalk App

Jyson 11-25-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturalnewb (Post 1806906)
Congrats on your progress: for both the hair growth and weight loss :)

Thanks! Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gretchen (Post 1807159)
+1

Thanks squared. lol :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by briannamarieb (Post 1811516)
Your hair is beautiful and great job on the weight loss :). So jealous of your hair and weight loss

Nah, it's nothing to be jealous of. Then again I'm jealous of 4a hair. lol Thanks. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelicCurli (Post 1815155)
Definitely beautiful hair and great tips! Your story is inspiring. Seems like going natural with hair sometimes leads to going natural with foods and making better choices in general because you become aware of what you are subjecting yourself to. I'm pretty new to this, but I'm happy to report a loss of 18 lbs since 08/2011!

Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my PG86100 using CurlTalk App

Thankyou! Very true, I started the weight loss first but it opened the flood gate for just going natural. lol Congrats on your weight loss!!!!

fonki 11-26-2011 06:35 PM

Wow! Congrats! What r u doing to lose the weight?

Jyson 11-26-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonki (Post 1821534)
Wow! Congrats! What r u doing to lose the weight?

Thanks, I'm doing the paleo diet with the standard calorie management.

EdenRose 12-06-2011 03:58 PM

very nice. congrats on the growth. and great curl definition.

fonki 12-07-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyson (Post 1821602)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonki (Post 1821534)
Wow! Congrats! What r u doing to lose the weight?

Thanks, I'm doing the paleo diet with the standard calorie management.

I'm watching my calories using myfitnesspal app. It really does make a big difference.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com