CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   3 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/)
-   -   3b or 3c? (Pics) (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/135524-3b-3c-pics.html)

dmd721 11-07-2011 08:57 AM

3b or 3c? (Pics)
 
Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out if I'm a 3b or 3c. Here's some info:

I have a TON of hair (pictures of it are always deceiving -- it's super thick and coarse). Most of the stylists I've been to said they've never seen someone with quite so much hair lol. It's a huge chore to straighten (even for stylists) -- it's made up of tight corkscrews that frizz very easily and are hard for me to keep up with...hence you can see why I always pull the front pieces back. I still love it though! Any insight would be much appreciated!

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/..._1820300_n.jpg

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/...805_3352_n.jpg

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/..._1699630_n.jpg

kat180 11-09-2011 03:38 AM

Ooo your hair is STUNNING!!! I dont see any frizz lol

You are a 3c - my hair is very similar to yours - but I think you have tighter curls on your canopy. Gosh I cant wait to see your hair if you try CG :D

ladynoem 11-09-2011 03:42 PM

I just have to say that I'm in love with your hair <3

luvs2sinnnggg 11-09-2011 04:18 PM

3c.. wow!! your hair is so pretty and sooo curly!! wow!!


Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk

dmd721 11-09-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat180 (Post 1807463)
Ooo your hair is STUNNING!!! I dont see any frizz lol

You are a 3c - my hair is very similar to yours - but I think you have tighter curls on your canopy. Gosh I cant wait to see your hair if you try CG :D

Thank you!! I should have specified that I have tried lots with my hair...that's not it in its "natural" state...if only!! Hah! Lots of product and time spent after washing it...and up until my last haircut, I had been getting the Ouidad haircut. Just looking to try out new things that might work better. Will keep ya posted 8)

dmd721 11-09-2011 08:24 PM

@ladynoem and @luvs2sinnnggg:

Thank you for your kind words!

Elena876 11-11-2011 05:23 PM

Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! What is your routine? My hair only gets spiral curls at the bottom , how do you get it curly from the top all the way to the end?

luvs2sinnnggg 11-11-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena876 (Post 1809394)
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! What is your routine? My hair only gets spiral curls at the bottom , how do you get it curly from the top all the way to the end?

I know right!!! seriously your hair is like a tresemme hair model!


Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk

dmd721 11-11-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2sinnnggg (Post 1809449)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena876 (Post 1809394)
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! What is your routine? My hair only gets spiral curls at the bottom , how do you get it curly from the top all the way to the end?

I know right!!! seriously your hair is like a tresemme hair model!


Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk

Thank you both for your compliments! So sweet of you :) Honestly, the most life-changing discovery for me hair-wise was the Ouidad "rake and shake" method of putting product in my hair. Previously, I'd scrunch gel in my hair from the tip to the root...which I now realize was causing my hair to pouf out and frizz like crazy. The rake and shake changed all of that and the best part was, I didn't have to change products...just my application method :thumright: (I don't use Ouidad products just because they're too expensive for me). If you're not familiar with the rake and shake, here's a how-to:

http://www.ouidad.com/curl_central/style-guide.asp#rake

I should also mention that I've been getting Ouidad haircuts for the past few years. They have made a huge difference for me!

JJJungleJim 11-18-2011 10:50 AM

I'm gonna try the rake and shake next time I wash my hair. What kind of styling product are you using for that?

Korkscrew 11-19-2011 02:18 AM

I'm tempted to say you're a 3b/c, which is what I think I am. My hair looks a lot like yours on the first day after I've washed and dried it, even more so (probably) if I were to twist it in sections. The pics in my album are third or fourth day hair so there's plenty of frizz ... So questions for you:

Is that first or second day hair in your pic OR did you twist or manipulate your curls in iy? Does you hair, like mine, tend to get some frizz the longer you go w/out washing it?

(I'm also secretly tempted to ask if you have an Ashkenazi background, like I do, because of your hair and your facial features LOL)

dmd721 11-26-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJungleJim (Post 1814577)
I'm gonna try the rake and shake next time I wash my hair. What kind of styling product are you using for that?

In all of these pics, I was using Pantene Pro-V scrunching gel (but obviously using the rake and shake method...NOT scrunching it ;)). Then I would just finish it off with a couple of good sprays of hairspray...whatever I had on hand really.

Now I'm experimenting with more natural products, so I've been trying a bunch of different types.

dmd721 11-26-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korkscrew (Post 1815072)
I'm tempted to say you're a 3b/c, which is what I think I am. My hair looks a lot like yours on the first day after I've washed and dried it, even more so (probably) if I were to twist it in sections. The pics in my album are third or fourth day hair so there's plenty of frizz ... So questions for you:

Is that first or second day hair in your pic OR did you twist or manipulate your curls in iy? Does you hair, like mine, tend to get some frizz the longer you go w/out washing it?

(I'm also secretly tempted to ask if you have an Ashkenazi background, like I do, because of your hair and your facial features LOL)


Yes, all of these are first day hair. Starting on the second day, my hair does become more frizzy and the curls are less defined...and this only gets worse day by day.

Haha! I am not Ashkenazi...I'm mostly Italian (3/4) with the last quarter being Irish. So those Italian roots are what gave me all of my defining features...good and bad! LOL :albino:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com