Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 3

Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #1

yetrapp's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Default suave naturals aloe and waterlily and other products review

Hi! New to NC
So Ive been natural for many years. However, I have worn my hair really short (liked shaved on the sides and an inch or so on top). My typical routine would be to wash EVERYday and style with mousse. My hair surprisingly has held up well despite my routine. I have been growing my hair out for the past 9 months now. Since it is getting longer I have been researching and experimenting with healthier methods of doing my hair. I read up on co-washing and have tried it a couple of times. I am not a complete fan of it yet. I have been basically wearing my hair in a curly wild fro which I love.

Product Review

Jane Carter's curl defining cream- Hated it, hate the smell and gave my hair no hold or curl definition

KCKT- I see a lot of people in this forum swear by this product. However, I am not a big fan. It does run smoothly throughout my hair but does nothing for it

Panetene Frizz control conditioner- Tried it as a co-wash. Not a big fan.

Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo- Works pretty well considering I used to use pantene (As you can tell I use to be a Pantene junkie lol)

Creme of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner- worked ok as a co-wash. I used this before I researched NC for your suggestions on the best co-washing conditioners

Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily- Smells wonderful and I guess does an ok job as a co-wash (I just haven't gotten that excited about co-washing yet)

Eco styler- Awful. No definition or hold

Fantasia Hair Polisher Styling Gel- Ok on definition and hold

Pantene Curl Defining Mousse- this is my go to styling product. I love it! This is the one Pantene product I will always have around. For my hair at least, it does a great job of defining my curls and holding them

I have come to the conclusion that my hair does better with mousse. The problem is, since my hair is still relatively short I have to co-wash or wash everyday to maintain the style I like.

Off of the subject my hair (I would say ) is 3c however it is a lot kinkier at my crown (which usually requires finger twist to get uniformity) and a lot straighter at the nape of my neck (which loses its curl rather quickly), making styling even more difficult. But regardless I am loving my hair and my recent product adventures.
yetrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #2

BekkaPoo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Thanks for the reviews, especially about Creme of Nature. I am still hanging on to my one last old formula bottle of their shampoo because I wasn't sure if the new formula was any good.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
BekkaPoo is offline   Reply With Quote