CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   3 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/)
-   -   Colored/highlighted 3c's and 3b's, show me your hair! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/147229-colored-highlighted-3cs-3bs-show-me-your-hair.html)

Natatat 07-13-2012 04:29 PM

Colored/highlighted 3c's and 3b's, show me your hair!
 
So I have made the decision to colour my natural hair for the first time, from a dark brown to a medium brown, maybe with some honey highlights. My problem is that I am having a hard time deciding if I want an all-over color, highlights, both, and which shade(s) to choose. I want to keep it natural-looking and I prefer the look of all-over color, but I don't know if I have the desire (or $) to keep getting root touch-ups.

I picked up some dye and developer from Sally's and did a few strand tests and the results were hardly noticeable, so I figure I should go to a salon since I really don't know what I'm doing, or how to do it. :confused:

I've checked the naturally curly hair galleries, but I'm still searching for *exactly* what I want, and would really love to see more pictures specifically of 3c's with color/highlights, to give to my colorist, so please post your pictures!

Ms. Naturally Coily 07-13-2012 05:55 PM

Bump! I would love to see pictures!

Ms. Naturally Coily 07-16-2012 07:15 AM

Bump again!

Sent from my MB865 using CurlTalk App

CSaint407 07-16-2012 08:20 PM

Color can be a tricky thing if you have never done it yourself. I have been coloring my own hair for 15 years or so....so I know what to expect. An all over color is not that difficult but I wouldn't try hihghlighting my own hair.

You need to know how many levels you want go....from your natural color to what color.

Sorry can't be more help.


Sent from my LG-LS855 using CurlTalk App

NaturalRemedy 07-18-2012 11:09 AM

July album | NaturalRemedy--*New* Highlights July '12 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Organic coloring system--so I didn't have to worry about dry hair/damage/breakage/etc..

Edit: taking pictures of my hair is tricky...sometimes the highlights look too bright, sometimes they look too dull...but hopefully these pictures give you a pretty good idea of what they look like.

Ms. Naturally Coily 07-21-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaturalRemedy (Post 1995969)
July album | NaturalRemedy--*New* Highlights July '12 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Organic coloring system--so I didn't have to worry about dry hair/damage/breakage/etc..

Edit: taking pictures of my hair is tricky...sometimes the highlights look too bright, sometimes they look too dull...but hopefully these pictures give you a pretty good idea of what they look like.

Your hair looks great! Thank you for sharing the info for Organic Coloring System in your Fotki.

Natatat 07-22-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaturalRemedy (Post 1995969)
July album | NaturalRemedy--*New* Highlights July '12 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Organic coloring system--so I didn't have to worry about dry hair/damage/breakage/etc..

Edit: taking pictures of my hair is tricky...sometimes the highlights look too bright, sometimes they look too dull...but hopefully these pictures give you a pretty good idea of what they look like.

Ooh I really like your colour! It's subtle yet not too much so. I have since decided that my ultimate hair goal right now it health and length, so I've put any colouring ideas on hold at the moment, but if I do decided to do it I will check out the organic system.

vivi2785c 07-22-2012 04:18 PM

Sorry I've never posted before so I'm not sure how to upload pictures but my profile pix is my hair color. I tried to do the ombre method and its a little lighter on the ends than how you see it in this picture

Natatat 07-22-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivi2785c (Post 1998762)
Sorry I've never posted before so I'm not sure how to upload pictures but my profile pix is my hair color. I tried to do the ombre method and its a little lighter on the ends than how you see it in this picture

Ooh I was searching high and low for pics of ombre 3c hair! I like it! I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting to upload pictures, I'd love to see more of yours! Did you find a big difference in dryness and how you had to care for your hair after getting the color?

NaturalRemedy 07-23-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natatat (Post 1998679)
Ooh I really like your colour! It's subtle yet not too much so. I have since decided that my ultimate hair goal right now it health and length, so I've put any colouring ideas on hold at the moment, but if I do decided to do it I will check out the organic system.

Thanks :) Yea, definitely check it out. I mean I'm sure all salons will be different, but for me it was worth it.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. Naturally Coily (Post 1998239)

Your hair looks great! Thank you for sharing the info for Organic Coloring System in your Fotki.

Thanks! Yea no problem. If you try it out tell me how it goes :)

vivi2785c 07-23-2012 02:49 PM

I did it myself at home and will never do that again:-( the bottom part of my hair which was the lightest was so damaged I had to cut it off. I still have a lot of damage to go but I'm going little by little. I'm just babying my fried ends but the middle of my hair isnt much different as far as dryness to the nondyed part.
Btw- thanks for the link!

Natatat 07-23-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivi2785c (Post 1999359)
I did it myself at home and will never do that again:-( the bottom part of my hair which was the lightest was so damaged I had to cut it off. I still have a lot of damage to go but I'm going little by little. I'm just babying my fried ends but the middle of my hair isnt much different as far as dryness to the nondyed part.
Btw- thanks for the link!

Aw that's too bad, your experience is the reason I've decided not to do color, It looks good though for what it's worth!

Sweetumms 07-23-2012 08:57 PM

@ NaturalRemedy....Beautiful color and hair!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com