shea moisture organic raw shea butter moisture retention conditioner review

• 1 Post By ElizabethFaith
  • 1 Post By fefe912

What's your thoughts
Thinking bout getting some tomo or today
Loved it as a LI. Did nothing for me as a RO.

Under Construction
I just bought the kit. I can let you know tomorrow
It works best as a leave-in! For me, it's too thin to be a rinse-out. Other than that, I love it!
poemaXX likes this.
Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!
This stuff was too heavy for my hair I had to start all over with the SM curl and shine shampoo like I usually use and the deep treatment mask just made my hair smell nice unlike the curl enhancing smoothie that makes my curls pop. I'm give this line to my mom
Works good as a leave-in, but I've used better. The smell about killed me, too. I had to get rid of this stuff just because the smell bothered me so much (and I'm not even smell sensitive).

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
What rinse out conditioner have you used you like best so far
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
I know what you mean about the smell. The first time I tried it I used the shampoo, conditioner & DTM and thought I was going suffocate. Now that I'm used to the smell I can handle it if I only use one.

Under Construction
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee

Originally Posted by my3curlies
Omg yes. The DT was the worst smellfender of them all. :P

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
I'm sincerely glad I'm not the only one. I think I have a couple of their products in my bathroom somewhere, but every time I use them, regardless of how good the result is, I end up with a throbbing headache by the end of the day because I'm sensitive to smells.
Hair Type: 3c, Med-High Density, Low Porosity
Low Poo: KC Come Clean
Condish: AOHR, TN (Avocado), TJ Balancing Moisture
Leave in: GDL, KBB
Curl Lotion/Gel: CHS/CK
Others: CJ Curl Rehab, Jojoba Oil

CG since '09
I wonder if mixing in an oil will give it enough slip to use as a rinse-out or cowash. Has anyone tried that?

Currently Using:
SM Organic Raw Shea Butter and Argan Oil Hair Repair and Transition Kit
I liked it and it was the first shea moisture conditioner I used when I went natural, butttttttt the coconut hibiscus conditioner became my favorite on top of it smells better.
poemaXX likes this.

love it as a leave-in...as a rinse out, doesnt do much of anything. then again, most conditioners dont do much for me as rinse outs.
I love it and its a staple of mine. Its very thick so I add 2-3 heaping tbs. of it to my Tresemme Naturals condish along with honey, coconut oil, & grapeseed oil. My curls love it.
*Natural 3C/TWA*

AVG, Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
Leave-In: KCKT, SM Yucca Milk
Oil/Sealant: Jojoba,
Avocado, EVCO, EVOO, JBCO
I wasn't a fan at first but using it as rinse out seems ok. I think I can do better tho lol. I actually think tresseme naturals works better

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App
I use it in my daughters hair while her hair is damp and use very lil. But she has fine, thin 3bish type hair. My 12 yr hair hates this stuff alone as a LI it just sits there.