CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   3 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/)
-   -   Deep conditioners (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/149535-deep-conditioners.html)

JazminesCurls 09-09-2012 04:46 PM

Deep conditioners
 
Hey everybody, I recently just cut my hair and i'm trying to keep it healthy but can't seem to find any good deep conditioners that are not too expensive. Do any of you have any recommendations for deep conditioners (preferably at drugstores) or any good at home recipes for a deep conditioner? My hair and I would truly appreciate any feedback :)

hippiedoll 09-09-2012 05:47 PM

I recently purchased Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab and I'm in love with it. It doesn't sit on top of my hair it actually penetrates my hair and scalp. The slip is also incredible. It's not a drugstore conditioner but a little goes along the way

JazminesCurls 09-10-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiedoll (Post 2030153)
I recently purchased Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab and I'm in love with it. It doesn't sit on top of my hair it actually penetrates my hair and scalp. The slip is also incredible. It's not a drugstore conditioner but a little goes along the way

Thanks, i'll look into it!

my3curlies 09-10-2012 04:07 PM

My #1 is Shea Moisture Purification masque

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

mcheryce 09-10-2012 04:32 PM

Home: honey and olive oil
Store: shea moisture purification masque (black label in case I screwed up the name), carols's daughter smoothie mixed with olive oil, surprisingly the lustrasilk cholesterol one is decent as well. Good luck!

Curly_Jammy 09-13-2012 08:26 PM

I found that Organic root stimulator, Replenishing Pak, is awesome!

It imparts moisture and gives my Fine Porous strands a nice light shot of protien.

Plus its only $1.29 to try a sample pak :occasion7:
If you dont like it, its only about a dollar

After I shampoo, I dont use a rise out conditioner, I just dry, by wrapping a old t-shirt around it (less frizz vs. towel drying). Then on clean damp hair I apply the PAK, put on a plastic shower cap and a beenie for an 1+ or just 15min under the dryer, if Im short on time. Then rise, And wow! juicy curls everytime!!

I have used this method with the following and had good results:

Aussie 3min
Mane & Tail Deep Moisture (seal with EVOO)
Yes to Carrots(seal with EVOO)
Plain full fat yogurt+EVOO

pinkwolf 09-28-2012 08:14 PM

Another vote for honey & EVOO. :)
I have tried all the SM masques but my favorite is the Yucca & Aloe one (green label). It is protein enriched & I add EVCO to it.

JazminesCurls 10-01-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my3curlies (Post 2030652)
My #1 is Shea Moisture Purification masque

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

my friend told me about the shea moisture masque, i'm gonna have to try this out now, thanks!

JazminesCurls 10-01-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcheryce (Post 2030658)
Home: honey and olive oil
Store: shea moisture purification masque (black label in case I screwed up the name), carols's daughter smoothie mixed with olive oil, surprisingly the lustrasilk cholesterol one is decent as well. Good luck!

how much honey and olive oil do you use? and another vote for the shea moisture purification masque, def gotta check it out soon.

JazminesCurls 10-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly_Jammy (Post 2032720)
I found that Organic root stimulator, Replenishing Pak, is awesome!

It imparts moisture and gives my Fine Porous strands a nice light shot of protien.

Plus its only $1.29 to try a sample pak :occasion7:
If you dont like it, its only about a dollar

After I shampoo, I dont use a rise out conditioner, I just dry, by wrapping a old t-shirt around it (less frizz vs. towel drying). Then on clean damp hair I apply the PAK, put on a plastic shower cap and a beenie for an 1+ or just 15min under the dryer, if Im short on time. Then rise, And wow! juicy curls everytime!!

I have used this method with the following and had good results:

Aussie 3min
Mane & Tail Deep Moisture (seal with EVOO)
Yes to Carrots(seal with EVOO)
Plain full fat yogurt+EVOO

$1.29 is def cheap so it's gonna be on my list for sure lol thank you!

JazminesCurls 10-01-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkwolf (Post 2042444)
Another vote for honey & EVOO. :)
I have tried all the SM masques but my favorite is the Yucca & Aloe one (green label). It is protein enriched & I add EVCO to it.

i have used some shea moisture products before, the curl enhancing smoothie and style milk, didn't really feel they left my hair moisturized. Although my hair was soft with the products in, usually if something works well my hair will remain soft when i wash it out. But i've heard great things about their masque's so i'll def gonna buy some this week, thanks!

LalaCntHearU 10-07-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my3curlies (Post 2030652)
My #1 is Shea Moisture Purification masque

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Does the shea moisture masque have protein in it?

pinkwolf 10-07-2012 03:06 PM

Yes I have tried all the masque. The purification one left build-up and I use the Yucca & Aloe once a month cause it has protein. But now I am using the SM Shea Butter Masque weekly and my hair is thriving! I also add honey, grapeseed oil, Tresemme Naturals avocado & aloe vera conditioner (just to thin it out a bit), and EVCO. LOVES IT! :blob5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazminesCurls (Post 2044123)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkwolf (Post 2042444)
Another vote for honey & EVOO. :)
I have tried all the SM masques but my favorite is the Yucca & Aloe one (green label). It is protein enriched & I add EVCO to it.

i have used some shea moisture products before, the curl enhancing smoothie and style milk, didn't really feel they left my hair moisturized. Although my hair was soft with the products in, usually if something works well my hair will remain soft when i wash it out. But i've heard great things about their masque's so i'll def gonna buy some this week, thanks!


Runawrye 10-09-2012 01:47 AM

Another vote for the ORS Replenish Pak. LOVE the smell and feels very moisturizing. Usually I'll dump a little coconut oil in it.

When I'm lazy and don't feel like going out to the store to buy it, I'll grab my tresseme naturals and mix it with coconut oil and honey. Works almost as well!

sweetmx85 10-09-2012 10:47 AM

I know you said drugstore and this isnt cheap in my opinion i think its about 20.00 and at aveyou you can use a coupon code but curl junkie curl rehab is worth the money. I normally wouldnt spend that much on hair stuff but its def worth it. when I cant afford that I just add evoo and honey warm it up in the microwave for a couple seconds add in my regular conditioner (tressame naturals) put it on and sit under a hooded dryer for 20 min.
another way is id just put tons of conditioner in my hair, i do four big sections ( i do that all the time anyway either way) then go back over each section with evoo, do big chunky twist to each section heat cap and under hooded dryer for 20 min.

naptural85 has a couple home made ones on there with yogurt.

Fmasuhr 10-09-2012 01:30 PM

does your hair like protein? that will make it easier to make or pick something out. im protein sensitive so i just use my normal conditioner and add different oils to it and a bit of honey and/or aleo vera and/or shea butter, (depends what i got). if ou like protein joghurt, moyo avadado banana. using the oils is far quicker and simplier for me then mixing something.

seamelody14 10-15-2012 09:35 PM

I like equal parts honey, oils (evoo, co, or both) and suave conditioner. It's an awesome, quick, and cheap DT.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com