can someone share with me there own hair routine ?
Hi everyone , i am a curly headed girl , i was all of my Life :toothy7: .. i finally embraced my curls but after a whole year of straightening :/ & i use to relax my hair in the past too ..
we all had our experiences , & i learned from mine ! i want my curly hair & i Love it .. i just started my journey of wearing my hair curly .. but it hasn't been easy at all :/ i simply don't know what to do exactly ! i tried couple of products , but i don't know how or when to use them to get best results .. that's why i need your help Ladys !
first, my hair is not in a healthy stand right now which is normal since I've been damaging it with heat & chemicals over the years .. thats why i want to wear it naturally ..
so can you share your routine with me to get bouncy curls ? share tips with me ? please i really need some help here !!
Thanks you so much for reading.
After you wash & detangle, try ISO bouncy creme (while your hair is still wet). It gives me bounce!
Thanks so much for your time thu :)
after the shower,
1)let it air dry, make sure its completely dry
2)put on some hair creme (i use sunsilk) and gel.
3)french braid your hair into sections, i do two and it doesn't have to be braided well.
4)sleep on it
5) unbraid your hair and position your curls, if you have bangs i do mine with a curling iron because i trim my bangs more often..
I basically do the "Curly Girl" method, as described in the book by Lorraine Massey and on probably outlined on this website somewhere. If you commit to going silicone and shampoo free, your hair will look weird for a while, especially if it's damaged, but looking at the before and after pictures some people have it seems like it's worth it.
I feel ya! I've had to learn the hard way. I posted my current process. Hope this helps.
Washing with herbal essences HIS shampoo and conditioner twice a month
A protein treatment for 3 minutes
Dc with creme of nature argan oil and gloss and shine polisher for 20 mins
Moisturizing and sealing with creme of nature argan oil -gloss and shine polisher and oil moisturizer every 3 days
Oil my scalp every 3 days with WGHO mixed with 40 drops of evoo and 20 drops of extra dark JBCO
I do the greenhouse effect nightly
While my hair is braided I use creme of nature leave in spray every 3 days
And eco styler Moroccan argan oil gel to hold my styles
1) Wash with a no-poo or low-poo shampoo (no sulfates) there are some drug store brands, but I use Devacurl No poo. You can order that on-line.
2) put in conditioner (I use Devacurl OneC), but you can probably find a nice drugstore brand. I finger comb it through and I leave most of it in my hair.
3) scruch hair with a micro-fiber towel or t-shirt. don't use a regular towel and only scrunch it (no massaging it)
4) I use Curl Keeper (order on-line) as a base before Gel or curl cream. I rake it through with fingers.
5) I rake through some gel. There are a lot of drugstore brands, so you'll have too see what works. I use AG Re:coil sold at salons.
Diffuse or air dry and don't touch it until it completely dry. After it's dry, scrunch the crunch out and you're good to go!
That's basically the CG method.
3)apply product to very wet hair with fingers
4) dry and don't touch until dry
5) scrunch out crunch and go
Hey. I think I mostly have 3B/C curls. This is my routine.
After freshly washed hair usually using conditioner only I squeeze out the excess water and part my bangs. If I don't part my bangs while its wet then they will not co-operate. Anyway I proceed to put in my leave-in conditioner. Right now I'm using Blue Magic carrot oil. It isn't like a vaseline texture but it's a liquid base. I try to change my leave in conditioner every other month.
I define my curls using the rake and shake method. You pretty much take a section of hair finger comb it and before you drop it grasp the ends and shake it. You can research it if you want. Then I let it air dry. I do not use a diffuser. One because of heat and two it doesn't co-operate with my hair lol.
Hope I helped and happy curly days.
I have 3B/3C hair that is artificially coloured.
I usually do a co-wash every 2 - 3 days. Sometimes I use a sulfate-free
shampoo like Tigi Catwalk Curlesque or Aveeno Pure Renewal. Maybe once a month I will use a sulfate shampoo, usually Redken Colour Extend.
For rinse-out conditioner, my favorite is Yes to Cucumbers. Another good one is Matrix Moisture Hydration. Tigi used to make a good cone-free rinse-out called Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac, but of course they discontinued it. :-(.
After rinsing out, I squeeze as much water as possible out of my hair. Then I do some towel drying. I first put in Yes to Carrots leave-in, followed by KCKT leave-in/detangler. Then I comb it with a wide-tooth comb. Then add a mousse, usually Tigi Catwalk Curlesque light mousse. That mousse has cones, but the amount that is deposited in my hair is minimal, because it is a foam and because I have already put the non-cone leave-ins in my hair.
I just let my hair air dry after that. I basically follow the above procedure after swimming. I always wear a bathing cap but that does not keep my hair completely dry whilst in the pool.
For 2nd/3rd day hair, I have a spray bottle with distilled water with some Yes to Carrots leave-in. I mist my hair and let it air dry.
On the whole, I am pleased with the results, But I'm always experimenting with new stuff and procedures.
Mine is very simple and fast,
- leave in lots of conditioner, my hair literally drinks up anything you put in it so I saturate it with conditioner.
- I seal the moisture with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil and a little bit of glycerin and little bit of honey
- sometimes I use some gel over that sometimes I don't (depending on whether I want very defined curls or more like a big hair kind of curls)
- section my hair to 4 or 5 sections and brush each one with a denman brush to even out the distribution of the products and to give the curls more clump.
- I turn my hair upside down without too much movement and then let it air dry.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com