CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   3 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/)
-   -   How much does your hair shrink? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/150352-how-much-does-your-hair-shrink.html)

EtTu2 10-01-2012 12:06 AM

How much does your hair shrink?
 
I rarely straighten my hair but now I feel like I never want to again. My hair is waist length when straight and collar bone length when curly. No matter how much it grows, it seems to bounce back to collar bone length. Id really like to wear my hair straight every once in a while but it looks rediculous on me because it is too long and I don't want to cut it because it would look too short when curly. Just ranting a bit :)

How much does your hair shrink?

Sandi 10-01-2012 01:22 AM

So jealous. I'm BSL wet, mostly SL-ish dry. Sigh. And I'm trying to figure out if my ends can be rescued or I should just give up and hack off an inch :) (Though I'm pretty sure a couple DT's will help...)

And straight...? I'm probably MBL? I don't know... it takes so long to straighten it, and I just don't want to have to bother with that and the fact that I need to get different products and agh. Yeah.

I just realized this, but you're probably the closest thing I have to a hair twin on this site. Which totally gives me a legitimate excuse to spend some more on products :)

DepressedCurls 10-01-2012 02:28 AM

I don't straighten it enough, but when i stretch a curl, it seems to shrink up about 4/5 inches. I wish i had waist length hair when straight! Wow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

BlackAngelPlayah 10-01-2012 04:54 AM

Mine shrinks at least by 1/2. Maybe 2/3 the length. I'm about CB length stretched, but like mid cheek length curly & dry. Sucks.. But that's ok. :)

Can't wait for waist length!!!

EtTu2 10-01-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi (Post 2043807)
So jealous. I'm BSL wet, mostly SL-ish dry. Sigh. And I'm trying to figure out if my ends can be rescued or I should just give up and hack off an inch :) (Though I'm pretty sure a couple DT's will help...)

And straight...? I'm probably MBL? I don't know... it takes so long to straighten it, and I just don't want to have to bother with that and the fact that I need to get different products and agh. Yeah.

I just realized this, but you're probably the closest thing I have to a hair twin on this site. Which totally gives me a legitimate excuse to spend some more on products :)

Haha, yeah when im straight I borrow products from my straight friends.

Yay, a hair twin!!!

EtTu2 10-01-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedCurls (Post 2043817)
I don't straighten it enough, but when i stretch a curl, it seems to shrink up about 4/5 inches. I wish i had waist length hair when straight! Wow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

I wish my hair was as long as yours curly!

EtTu2 10-01-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAngelPlayah (Post 2043827)
Mine shrinks at least by 1/2. Maybe 2/3 the length. I'm about CB length stretched, but like mid cheek length curly & dry. Sucks.. But that's ok. :)

Can't wait for waist length!!!

Jeez, our curls get a lot of shrinkage.

I sometimes think about going back to cheekish length. It looks so cute in your avi and I love the volume.

MissDarcei 10-01-2012 08:08 AM

I am SL curly and about APL straight so thats not too bad I guess but my hair is still pretty short so we'll see when it gets long!

DepressedCurls 10-01-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtTu2 (Post 2043858)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedCurls (Post 2043817)
I don't straighten it enough, but when i stretch a curl, it seems to shrink up about 4/5 inches. I wish i had waist length hair when straight! Wow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

I wish my hair was as long as yours curly!

Oh thanks! It's really not very long now, but i appreciate it. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

OrigNaturalGoddess 10-02-2012 02:22 AM

My hair is pretty much all over the place! I just took down the genie locs I had for two months, and I still have to clip my ends. As of tonight my hair is about chin length on the sides and shoulder length in the back while curly. When stretched I am between bsl and mbl in the back and apl on the sides.

Being that I grew my hair from a layered cut it has grown in all different lengths. I couldn't bring myself to cut it all even. I wish i had the longer up front look so that I could rock that voluminous curly fro like Taren916. I ultimately want to make it to waist length by this time next year. Not really sure what else I will do to go about reaching that goal. Lol.

Curly Sara 10-02-2012 04:46 PM

Mine shrinks at least 50 %. I know that my hair grows, but it doesnt look like that because of the extreme shrinkage.....aarggh!

DepressedCurls 10-02-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Sara (Post 2044915)
Mine shrinks at least 50 %. I know that my hair grows, but it doesnt look like that because of the extreme shrinkage.....aarggh!

^ Exactly. This right here. Honestly, i just have to take a curl and stretch it and try to remember where it was at last time i stretched it, or straighten to tell the length. Cause with my hair curly it always appears to be around shoulder length. Alwaysss.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

curlyty07 10-24-2012 11:30 PM

My hair probably shrinks about...60%. It sounds like you have A LOT of shrinkage. Why don't you try stretching it while it's curly so that it isn't as short. Whenever I put my hair in a pineapple, for when I sleep, it ends up stretching my hair.

kdelish 10-25-2012 06:35 AM

About 80%....when I straightn it in August to was just above my shoulder when I do wash n goes which is my go to style I have a twa

africana 10-25-2012 05:45 PM

I am not a 3c. I am a 4a. My hair shrinks about 50-60%. However, the hair at the nape of my neck has slightly looser curls (not enough to be 3c though), and it only shrinks about 30%.

itsKelCeeEee 10-30-2012 12:38 AM

Yeah I'm a 4a too and my shrinkage is like 75% (from BSB to chin). The hair in my crown and front is looser and shrinks about 50%. The sides and the back don't be tryna have no kind of hangtime tho. -___-

Sandi 11-02-2012 10:21 PM

I had to trim some of my knots off, so while I did this, I officially straightened some of my shortest pieces of hair. MBL.

Agghhhh. Grow hair, grow. I'm CB completely dry now, I think, but applying some products gets me to the SL area (dry!).

curlyclo89 11-03-2012 09:52 AM

It's between BSL & MBL wet & not stretched (straight its btwn MBL & WL). If I air dry, the front shrinks to just above SL, if I towel dry it is just past SL... The back is always btwn SL and APL.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlTalk App

ShayShampagne 11-03-2012 02:50 PM

My hair is cbl when wet, shoulder length when dry and about apl when straight. Yea, my hair doesn't shrink much. Probaly 25%


Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlTalk App

Curly Sara 11-16-2012 04:41 PM

40-50 % :((


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com