Brazilian Keratin treatment - any reviews??

Hi all

Haven't posted in yonks but know you ladies are great with your advice.

I have very thick, dense 3b/3c hair, which is armpit length curly and bra strap length straight. My hairdresser has just introduced the Brazilian Keratin treatment to the salon and I am considering it.

Now the last thing I want is straight hair, I just want to relax the curl; and have less frizz, which my hairdresser says is possible with the treatment.

Please can any of you who have had the treatment give me some feedback and is it still possible to have your hair curly bit with less frizz?

Please note the pic in my avi is about 2 years old and my hair is much longer now.
NOOOOOO dont do it please! It contains formaldehyde which causes cancer. It only lasts 3 months anyways so its not worth it. your hair looks beautiful anyways, embrace your frizz, frizz is sexy and big curly hair is beautiful!

Itrustchels - YouTube

Itrustchels - YouTube
Originally Posted by itrustchels
I think you can get formaldehyde free treatments now....I do embrace my curls, it's just the frizz that gets on my nerves LOL.

It seems there is not much feedback around so I may hang fire until I can get some feedback direct from someone who has had it done. Thanks for your post anyway!
Being black and Japanese I have the kinks and straights! I had the BK treatment 3 times and the organic treatment 2x. Never an issue with any of the treatments. My hair has remained healthy and shiny. Only use Moroccan oil or Eufora serum.
I am going on a cruise and can't decide what to use on my hair. The BK is almost out and I would love to have curls. I have Mixed chicks products but not too good...clumps. I need something to put on before going in the water so it doesn't come out like a Brillo pad. Any suggestions?
HOLD THE PHONE girl, get it! It worked wonders for me. I swear it made my hair so much softer and healthier, and I'm pretty sure it made it grow faster. I didn't really get a "blowout" but rather just a Keratin treatment. Same thing, I think. It's weird at first because for me it really relaxed the curls and took away my volume, but after a while I was so happy with it. And I went formaldehyde free
3b & 3c. Had to learn everything myself since momma didn't understand curly hair.
~
He said, "Patience, my caramel concubine."
Concubine: a sultan's lover; usually very sexy ladies of the highest quality; Persian term; usually also dancers.