Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
 
itsjustmeghan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to itsjustmeghan
Default hating my hair right now...i need a curl boost..

i guess i'm just frustrated with it. it's curly, yes, but it's kinda just hanging there...doesn't really have a style. i hate the length it's at, but i know i have to suffer through it to get past my shoulders...
i feel kinda frumpy.
i'm also worried now that my hair smells funny. not because it's not clean, but because of the combination of products i use...like the scents don't blend together well...i think the aveda elixir is the one that sticks out the most. and why do i worry about that? because my husband grabbed my hair one day, smelled it, and said "your hair smells funny!" and then he smelled it over and over to try to place the smell. i told him it must be the styling products. he said "well, it smells weird....i don't like it."
i don't want that! i want hair that smells yummy!
i want to be one of those girls that always has the nice smelling hair. the kinda smell that you can smell their hair all day long when you walk behind them. i love that kinda hair! all flowery and fresh!
i had it last week when i got my hair trimmed because they washed and conditioned my hair with the Matrix curl line. and honestly? i was tempted to buy it just because of that! i could catch wiffs of my hair, and it smelled so yummy!
i'm thinking about going and buying those and the styler just so my hair will at least smell yummy, if it won't LOOK yummy right now!
i'm so frustrated!!!!

i wish i had a camera so i could post a picture...no wait, i wish i had a camera with smell-o-vision so i could post pictures and you guys could all smell my hair!!!
it's basically the same as it was in the other pictures...just a lot longer...and flatter on the top layer....

HELP! :x
__________________
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
 
lushaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,375
Send a message via ICQ to lushaholic Send a message via MSN to lushaholic
Default Re: hating my hair right now...i need a curl boost..

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeghan
i wish i had a camera so i could post a picture...no wait, i wish i had a camera with smell-o-vision so i could post pictures and you guys could all smell my hair!!!
LOL, you are too funny! I wasn't crazy about the scent of Elixir myself, and I usually like Aveda scents. Does he like the IF scent? I'm not trying to enable your PJ, but I really like the way the Curls line smells. Have you tried doing a honey rinse as your final step in the shower/sink? I've really been liking that lately. It seems to give my curls a little boost.
__________________
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
lushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
 
skywatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,792
Default

HELLO!!! Am I seeing right??? Congratulations are in order!!!! Maybe I missed the big announcement cause I have been away, but CONGRATULATIONS Megan
__________________
3a/2c
Long layers, past BSL
Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
skywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
 
skywatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,792
Default

Oh, sorry, got completely sidetracked by your ticker meg

About your hair, DD uses Suave Humectant conditioner & when she passes by, it just smells sooooo good!!!!! Yummm!! I am always wanting to smell her hair... not sure if that one has cones though because I am in Canada & my label does not have ingreds.

Rock-a-bye baby, on the tree top....
__________________
3a/2c
Long layers, past BSL
Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
skywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
 
itsjustmeghan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to itsjustmeghan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher
HELLO!!! Am I seeing right??? Congratulations are in order!!!! Maybe I missed the big announcement cause I have been away, but CONGRATULATIONS Megan
thanks! i just added the ticker this weekend! figured it was time to come out of the closet! i've been sleeping nonstop, so i guess thats why i haven't been on here!

lushaholic-
what's the IF scent? i did have luck with the honey rinses, but i ran out of honey and hadn't bought new stuff...we just bought some more, but i think i'm going to have to get a bottle for myself in the bathroom...i think ryan gets weirded out by using honey in our bbq sauces if it's been used on my head as well! hahaha. i was thinking of trying to use some honey with some elucence as a leave in...maybe now that it's longer it won't weigh it down?

otherwise, i might check out that herbal essense thing...that and i know that laurabeth likes the dove moisture line....maybe i could get away with that shampoo...i guess it'd be worth a try!
__________________
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #6
CelticMoonDance
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have been having great curl enhancing results with re:coil mixed with Long Lovely Locks Coco light (this smells like Rosemary essential Oil), and Angell or Back to Nature Rosemary Mint Clean gel layered over it.

I love the IF = Island Fantasy scent. Jessicurl products come in this scent that smells coconutty and wonderful. She also sells the room/body fragrance

Honey weighs my hair down if I add it to a product, but, I have had good luck with honey rinses. Both before and after conditioning. I learned that from Lushaholic.

And, Congrats!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
 
mayim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,687
Default

Maybe a good ol' fashioned clarify and DT? I just did that and I hadn't for a long time.

I did a vinegar rinse (pretty strong, left it on for a while) and then a homemade DT with avocado, banana, honey, condish and olive oil.

My hair really liked it.

I know it can get frustrating sometimes ... and growing out can be hard. Have you had a micro-trim/shape-up lately? Maybe that would give you a boost.

Maybe simplify your routine a bit for a while? I'm going back CG for a while again.

At any rate ... CONGRATS!!!

M

ETA: Nevermind - I missed the part about the trim in your post. D'oh!
__________________
coarse, thick 3a
modified cg







mayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #8
 
lushaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,375
Send a message via ICQ to lushaholic Send a message via MSN to lushaholic
Default

Oh my word!! I totally did not even see that ticker! Congratulations Meghan!!
__________________
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
lushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #9
 
curly_princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,130
Default

Yes, congratulations!!
__________________
3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
curly_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #10
 
Muñequita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 307
Default Re: hating my hair right now...i need a curl boost..

oops, double post
__________________
3a with 2c
Muñequita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #11
 
Muñequita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 307
Default Re: hating my hair right now...i need a curl boost..

[quote="itsjustmeghan"]i guess i'm just frustrated with it. it's curly, yes, but it's kinda just hanging there...doesn't really have a style. i hate the length it's at, but i know i have to suffer through it to get past my shoulders.[quote]

I really know how you are feeling! My hair is now to my shoulders, but before that I was growing out a short cut. You are going through that awkward growing out stage, but just hang in there! It will be long soon enough. I used headband and pretty scarfs to get me through that stage!

I can't help you with smells, but maybe just cutting out the Elixir will help!?? Maybe see if that's the culprit?

Congrats on ur first baby! That is so cute! You're gonna make a great mom! You are always so cute, funny and sweet when you post! I missed reading your posts since you haven't been around that much!
__________________
3a with 2c
Muñequita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #12
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 382
Default

This may be a dumb suggestion, but have you ever emailed Jessicurl? For some reason your hair reminds me of hers and her hair is beautiful. I think its about the same length. She may be of some help. IMO I really like the length of your hair and congrats!
__________________
Starting my curly resolution! 3a/3b with some waves thrown in. Haven't been CG in a while. Need product suggestions.
lcaste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,095
Default

How of then do you clarify Meg?

I was thinking that you might need something with some more hold. You say your curls often droop at the end of the day..

I am very interested in that Curls line too.. Maybe that would be something?

OR if you like that Matrix line so much why not just go fo it! No fun to have hair that smells weird.
(My hair never seem to smell from Elixir, but I do like the smell of that one too though so. It seems to mostly smell Angell, Low Poo or from that Nexxus clarifying shampoo.)

I had my hair cut the other day and I asked my hair dresser if my hair seemed healthy and she said it is very healthy. I wash my hair more often than most on this board, although not with sulfates. I use a clarifying shampoo liie every other week too. SO, maybe your hair can handle a little bit of Matrix shampoo?? It is no fun to smell and feel bad like that. Not worth it.

__________________

Kurlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #14
 
itsjustmeghan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to itsjustmeghan
Default Re: hating my hair right now...i need a curl boost..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muñequita
Congrats on ur first baby! That is so cute! You're gonna make a great mom! You are always so cute, funny and sweet when you post! I missed reading your posts since you haven't been around that much!
thank you!! you are super sweet!! yeah...i've been pretty anti-social at home and on here! i'm SO tired at the end of the day i eat dinner and fall asleep!! hehehe. i'm sure i'll be buzzing all over the place too!

i think a lot of my frustration is with the length right now. i think once it gets past shoulders (which i'm hoping will happen sooner now because of this whole pregnancy thing!) i'll be a lot happier!

i tried jessicurl stuff. i LOVED the smell, but i couldn't get the products to work for me! i wish i could bottle up that smell and put it into every other hair thing i own, because it's SUPER yummy! i even emailed back and forth with jess to see what amounts she thought i should use. i loved her conditioner, etc. and while rockin ringlets gave me more curls, it also was VERY frizzy...maybe if i tried the RR or gelebration under my B&A it's bounce my curls enough to make me happier for a while! of course....that means i need to buy more because i swapped it all away!
hmmm...maybe i should see what the swap boards do for me!

kurlee & mayim-
i've been clarifying every other week lately. just seems my hair likes it that often. especially with me using creme of nature the other times...like it needs to be cleaned really well every once in a while..and it bounces up pretty curly when i wash with that....that's why i was thinking maybe a weaker sulfate shampoo would help...i just don't want it to be dry like it was before when i was using the elucence shampoo all the time...

i know kurlee likes maisty traits shampoo...anyone else have success with this? i've never tried low-poo either...would that help?

thanks for the advise and the encouragement!
__________________
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #15
 
Muñequita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 307
Default Re: hating my hair right now...i need a curl boost..

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeghan
I think a lot of my frustration is with the length right now. i think once it gets past shoulders (which i'm hoping will happen sooner now because of this whole pregnancy thing!) i'll be a lot happier!
I really know how you are feeling because I actually had a haircut like yours before. I cut it very short fot the first time in my life. Man, I loved how easy short hair was (and of course the cuteness of the look)! It was nice to get that experience but since I've always had long hair, I had to grow it back because I missed it. I remember going through that weird length phase. So like I said before, just hang in there! It'll get past your shoulders soon enough. In the meantime you can entertain yourself with buying cute baby stuff! :P Are you going to find out if baby is a boy or girl?
__________________
3a with 2c
Muñequita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #16
 
itsjustmeghan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to itsjustmeghan
Default

i'm definately finding out. origionally i thought that i wouldn't, but after seeing how well it worked for my sister in law...i definately can't wait! she got TONS of stuff held for her, so she had all the clothes etc she could every want for the first year. plus, i like the idea of having 5 months to bond with the idea of the baby...get used to calling it a him or a her....and i wouldn't want to get my heart set on one, and then have something different! one of the girls at work just had that happen..she was CONVINCED it was a boy...low and behold, it was a girl. she was REALLY surprised! i'm sure she's fine with the girl, but it's still an adjustment! hahaha
__________________
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #17
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 957
Default

Phew! When I saw your new sig Meghan, I was thinking, Oh, man! Where the heck have I been?

Glad that I'm not that far behind on the news. Congrats!!

Anyway, the congrats is really the point of my post. I have no hair advice for you. I've been in a major hair slump for about a month now. I've got my own problems to worry about!
__________________
2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #18
 
PixieCurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher
HELLO!!! Am I seeing right??? Congratulations are in order!!!! Maybe I missed the big announcement cause I have been away, but CONGRATULATIONS Megan
i thought the same thing!!!!!! congratulations meg, i'm so happy for you
__________________
Faith, 3Aish redhead
Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy
PixieCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #19
 
PixieCurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,950
Default

i was thinking about you today meg and i started wondering, maybe your hair is behaving differently because of the pregnancy hormones? i know a lot of people's hair changes during pregnancy so that could be contributing.
__________________
Faith, 3Aish redhead
Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy
PixieCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:16 PM   #20
 
itsjustmeghan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to itsjustmeghan
Default

thanks for the congrats! and the hair stuff!

i don't think it's hormones...probably contributes to me giving up on my hair a lot faster then i normally would, though! hahahaha.

i had a much better hair day today. the new thing i did?
i used elucence conditioner, rinsed out all the way, put a blob back in, flipped over and did a super quick rinse, then applied my B&A like normal, plopped, and diffused.

normally i rinse out my conditioner all the way, and put some Aveda elixir back in or i put a pea sized dot of elucence back in...but i started reading more about how much everyone loves leaving in more conditioner under the biosilk hard rock gel...and i remembered how awesome pixiecurl's hair looks and she leaves hers in...and how awesome plink's hair is, and she leaves her's in....
so i left some in today! and i have nice bouncy spirals! well....more spirally then normal! hahahaha it looks pretty good still, and it's the end of the day!

maybe my hair slump is over?!?!?! then again.....i'm sure it'll look frumpy tomorrow because i'll be lazy and put it in a ponytail again! hahahaha
__________________
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com