Ok. I use leave-ins to weigh down my hair, and a dab of honey will add shine, particularly if added to gel. (Pokahontas swears by Oyin Shine and Define
for shine, but I can't vouch for that since I've not yet used it).
Here are some great leave-ins for you to experiment with, and why I love them
* Blended beauty hair lotions - these are soooo good! moisturizing, but not greasy at all, just lovely. available in curlmart soon.
* Akiva Naturals secret potion - this is very heavy
if you use it overnight and then rinse the next day, your hair will lay really flat and retain good moisture. you might need to shampoo since it is a very heavy product. anyway, it is sort of like a natural texturizer.
* Jane Carter Solution hair nourishing cream
- this is an all around wonder product for me. i rave about it all the time. i love it.
* Mixed chicks leave-in
. this is not cg-friendly because it contains a cone. but it makes my hair really glossy and moisturized and well-behaved. if you are willing to shampoo once a week to remove the cone, then you might like this product.
Have fun experimenting! And definitely post pictures
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)
(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)