Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 3

Like Tree309Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #1181
 
kurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSunshine View Post
Kawehilani321: Wow, you're right! We have the same type of hair for sure. What do you use in yours? Please share! Does your hair get weighed down easily too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawehilani321 View Post
Serenesunshine you totally have my same hair type! I've never seen anyone else with my curls before. Hello hair twin!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
And you two look a bit alike...definitely could pass for sisters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
SereneSunshine likes this.
__________________
3B....Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal iherb.com discount code DWW266

Desert Essence Coconut shampoo
Condition: AO_Island Naturals, AO_Honeysuckle, AO White Camellia
LEAVE-IN: Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower, Desert Essence Coconut
STYLE: Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly/AO B-5 gel
Staple: Jojoba Oil
kurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #1182
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Default

I think I have 3b (and 3a) hair ??

here'd my introduction btw Hello !
MoonGoddess and sixelamy like this.
Gitteke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #1183
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Default

woow!! perfect hair! what products do you use??
Gitteke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1184
 
SereneSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Default

Kawehilani321:

Yes, I have the same deal! Either fabulous volume with some frizz or weighed down definition. Still trying to find a balance and love my hair along the way I like to call our hair type "s" curls with shirley temple ends hehe

Here are examples: 1st pic with volume (can't remember what I put in it) and 2nd pic more recent with my hair shorter. I remember that I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Giovanni Thickening Gel.

Thanks so much for sharing your products. I want to try Giovanni TTTT because I get dandruff pretty bad. And build up. I want to try Giovanni DLI too. It's cheaper than KCKT.

Future technique I'd like to try: twirling my curls when I put in the products. Got this idea from SunKissAlba "Wash & Go" tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LycK...7Cf6Vg&index=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawehilani321 View Post
Serenesunshine: I just started the cg method about a month ago so i'm experimenting with products and using others up.
Shampoo: natures gate jojoba/giovani's TTTT
Co wash: suave naturals coconut
Ro: tresemme naturals
Li: kckt/ about to try giovani's dli
Styler: sm csm or ces and using up my oiudad tress effects gel.

I tend to either get really weighed down hair with great definition or volume with little to no definition. Still trying to find the right balance. How about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSunshine View Post
Kawehilani321: Wow, you're right! We have the same type of hair for sure. What do you use in yours? Please share! Does your hair get weighed down easily too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawehilani321 View Post
Serenesunshine you totally have my same hair type! I've never seen anyone else with my curls before. Hello hair twin!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App


Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-8227_656646997058_7089122_n.jpg   post your 3b pics-new-years-1.1.2013.jpg  
Curlyminx and MoonGoddess like this.
__________________
A 3B Lady
Washers: Shea Moisture Retention & African Black Soap Shampoos, KCCC
Deep Conditioners: SM Anti-Breakage Masque,Biolage Aqua-Immersion/EVOO, Joico K-Pak
Rinse Outs: Shea Moisture Retention, KCKT
Stylers: SM Thickening Milk & Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Aloe Vera Gel, Giovanni DLI, Giovanni Mousse & Hair Thickener Gel, ISO Bouncy Creme & Spray, jojoba oil
SereneSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #1185
 
Kawehilani321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Serene Sunshine: I've tried the hair twirl before and it gave me Shirley temple curls bordering on dreds! Not my best look but maybe I need to try a different approach (I'll post at the bottom). I get dandruff issues too and I found the best solution to be coconut oil overnight on my scalp. Hg for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSunshine View Post
Kawehilani321:

Yes, I have the same deal! Either fabulous volume with some frizz or weighed down definition. Still trying to find a balance and love my hair along the way I like to call our hair type "s" curls with shirley temple ends hehe

Here are examples: 1st pic with volume (can't remember what I put in it) and 2nd pic more recent with my hair shorter. I remember that I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Giovanni Thickening Gel.

Thanks so much for sharing your products. I want to try Giovanni TTTT because I get dandruff pretty bad. And build up. I want to try Giovanni DLI too. It's cheaper than KCKT.

Future technique I'd like to try: twirling my curls when I put in the products. Got this idea from SunKissAlba "Wash & Go" tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LycK...7Cf6Vg&index=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawehilani321 View Post
Serenesunshine: I just started the cg method about a month ago so i'm experimenting with products and using others up.
Shampoo: natures gate jojoba/giovani's TTTT
Co wash: suave naturals coconut
Ro: tresemme naturals
Li: kckt/ about to try giovani's dli
Styler: sm csm or ces and using up my oiudad tress effects gel.

I tend to either get really weighed down hair with great definition or volume with little to no definition. Still trying to find the right balance. How about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSunshine View Post
Kawehilani321: Wow, you're right! We have the same type of hair for sure. What do you use in yours? Please share! Does your hair get weighed down easily too?


Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App


Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1361395670014.jpg   post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1361395723275.jpg   post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1361395741673.jpg  
__________________
3B- Fine/Dense/Normal Porosity/ Normal Elasticity
Kawehilani321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #1186
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

You can work with smaller sections to get rid of the "shirley temple" look.

I have a couple of pictures of my hair in the skip curl method. While the curls are as close to perfect ringlets as I have ever seen on my head, my hair had a lot of lift and it didn't look fake or like chubby little sausages hanging from my head.

This is my hair with small skip curls:


This is my hair with large skip curls (just the top half was skip curled I believe):
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #1187
 
Kawehilani321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Curlyminx: Thanks for the tips! I definitely had the sausage look going and obviously it didn't work out well. Will definitely try this method in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyminx View Post
You can work with smaller sections to get rid of the "shirley temple" look.

I have a couple of pictures of my hair in the skip curl method. While the curls are as close to perfect ringlets as I have ever seen on my head, my hair had a lot of lift and it didn't look fake or like chubby little sausages hanging from my head.

This is my hair with small skip curls:


This is my hair with large skip curls (just the top half was skip curled I believe):
Kawehilani321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #1188
 
CurlyCarmenCurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 118
Default














__________________






BSL stretched (longest it's ever been and growing rapidly!), past shoulder curly. Hair goal is hip length.

3a-b/f-m/ii. Soft and silky texture and prone to tangles. Can't get second day hair, even if I kissed the feet of fairy's

Follow me on Instagram! Weightlossandcurls.


Pictures (clicky)

CurlyCarmenCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #1189
 
kurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyminx View Post
You can work with smaller sections to get rid of the "shirley temple" look.

I have a couple of pictures of my hair in the skip curl method. While the curls are as close to perfect ringlets as I have ever seen on my head, my hair had a lot of lift and it didn't look fake or like chubby little sausages hanging from my head.

This is my hair with small skip curls:


This is my hair with large skip curls (just the top half was skip curled I believe):
That top pic is BEAUTIFUL! It looks so thick, shiny and curly!! Luv it!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
3B....Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal iherb.com discount code DWW266

Desert Essence Coconut shampoo
Condition: AO_Island Naturals, AO_Honeysuckle, AO White Camellia
LEAVE-IN: Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower, Desert Essence Coconut
STYLE: Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly/AO B-5 gel
Staple: Jojoba Oil
kurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #1190
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Default new here :)

[ATTACH]post your 3b pics-curl2.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-curl1.jpg  
mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #1191
 
Ashish02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Default After a wash at the salon

Went to a salon for a style and wash and tried on their Quidad products for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-photo-13-03-04-5.13-pm-3.jpg  
Curlyminx and SereneSunshine like this.
Ashish02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1192
 
NvmbrCurlss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 508
Default

^^^ That shine makes me jealous!
__________________
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)


"To much is given, much is expected"
NvmbrCurlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #1193
 
Ashish02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Default

^ Lol. Trust me, that's like once every blue moon. The hair stylist knew what she was doing. I normally don't get a shine like that. She washed my hair with DevaCurl One condition and combed out so many tangles with the conditioner still in there). She then put Quidad heat and shine (or something like that) along with Quidad's gel!
Ashish02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #1194
 
sinistral55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,386
Default

Today...GVP Conditioning Balm sealed with African Pride oil.....the curls get very small when I air dry in cold weather(?)


Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1362690463933.jpg  
Curlyminx and SereneSunshine like this.
__________________
"Nobody here but us chickens......"

"Chicken in the breadpan, kickin out dough..." *shrug*




Last edited by sinistral55; 03-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.
sinistral55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #1195
 
Ringlets88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Default Need a new leave in

Been on the search for a good inexpensive leave in that will work on my mix texture 3b/c hair. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-image.jpg  
SereneSunshine likes this.
Ringlets88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #1196
 
taele1090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Default

Im wondering if my baby has 3b im thinking she has 3b/c hair what do you guys think the second picture i just twirled the front with my fingers

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1362721027068.jpg   post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1362721048814.jpg   post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1362721094010.jpg  
Curlyminx likes this.
taele1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #1197
 
SereneSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Default

What? I actually had a good hair day? It's been a while! Thanks Curlyminx for telling us about the skip method. I like the way my hair came out. I watched the curlkeeper video tutorial and copied it.

Who has time to spend twirling their hair to make it look defined? Or maybe I'm just being lazy. I think I will reserve the skipping for special occasions. We'll see.

I did blow dry it which gave some frizz, but I like some frizz. Products I used: washed with Shea Moisture black soap deep cleansing shampoo on scalp only, kinky curly come clean + shea moisture retention conditioner on rest of hair, then conditioned with kinky curly knot today. Leave in: Shea Moisture thickening milk. Styler: Giovanni Hair Styling Foam.











Curlyminx and MoonGoddess like this.
__________________
A 3B Lady
Washers: Shea Moisture Retention & African Black Soap Shampoos, KCCC
Deep Conditioners: SM Anti-Breakage Masque,Biolage Aqua-Immersion/EVOO, Joico K-Pak
Rinse Outs: Shea Moisture Retention, KCKT
Stylers: SM Thickening Milk & Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Aloe Vera Gel, Giovanni DLI, Giovanni Mousse & Hair Thickener Gel, ISO Bouncy Creme & Spray, jojoba oil
SereneSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #1198
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

You're welcome! I'm glad that it helped you. That video really helped me out too. At first I did it often, because it was the only way I could get multiple days, but over time it was tiring. Now I only do it for special special occasions.



Your hair looks great!
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #1199
 
misbehave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 115
Default Looking for hair twins!!

New to CG. These pics are from about a week in and one co wash after switching to no-protein products.

Does anybody else have hair like this??? I posted a pic in a pony tail and in a braid to show the ridiculous density/thickness.
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-before-cg-002.jpg   post your 3b pics-before-cg-006.jpg   post your 3b pics-before-cg-001-2-.jpg  
__________________
CG since 3/1/13
3B; Low porosity, Coarse, & Extremely Protein Sensitive
Very high density, waist length

Co wash: Suave Clarifying or Sun Ripened Strawberry
RO: Sun Ripened Strawberry, TN, or TN w/ veg glycerin
Sealer: apricot oil
Styler: 4 Naturals Spring Back Custard, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, or BB "Mudd"
Using a hard water filter, microfiber towel, & silk head scarves & pillowcases

Avoiding: protein, coconut, & parabens
misbehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #1200
 
sinistral55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbehave View Post
New to CG. These pics are from about a week in and one co wash after switching to no-protein products.

Does anybody else have hair like this??? I posted a pic in a pony tail and in a braid to show the ridiculous density/thickness.
My.....Gawd.....!!!

Yes, when I was little, my braid was that thick when my mom brushed the curls out dry and braided it. I have one pic when I was 10 and the braid looks like a thick, long, tight rope. I can't get it back that long to save my life....I could sit on it when straightened.......although I am at almost waist length now.

Your hair is gorgeous!!!



Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
__________________
"Nobody here but us chickens......"

"Chicken in the breadpan, kickin out dough..." *shrug*



sinistral55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com