Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue: The Review

So I scored a 16 0z jar of Curly Meringue from the swap boards this week and I was so excited to try it out. I washed my hair and applied the meringue. I liked the product as I applied it to my hair because it felt moisturzing. I tried Curly Pudding and Buttercreme before and I HATED those products. The pudding took hours to dry and it made my hair dry and crunchy with no volume. The buttercreme was too thick and greasy and did NOTHING for my hair. I have since then figured out that my hair hates mineral oil and beeswax. Back to the meringue, it went on well and I was excited. I scrunched my hair with my hands as I applied it and went on to read a magazine. Fast forward to two hours later and I must say that I was dissapointed. My hair had a crunchy feel to it(similar to the pudding but not as bad) and literally no body. It may have been my fault because I tend to be heavy handed when it comes to applying products,but I was not impressed. Also, you need to have curly hair to start with to use this as a wash and go product unless you are prepared to spend hours shingling, twisting, ect. Anyone have any suggestions on a better way to use this product?
is the CM the only thing you use?
i used to have a problem with dryness, but i used a myriad of products and not just one.

as well, how do you dry your hair? do you towel dry or air dry?
Visit my natural hair blog at: http://www.myhairisme.com

Hair Type: THICK. A little 3c, Mixed in with 4a/b

Products: I am a product junkie...it's bad..

Favorite accessories: Goody Ouchless Headbands and the Ouidad Double Detangler <-yes..it's worth $24.00
I squeeze the excess water out of my hair in the shower and then air dry. When I used the meringue I sprayed some leave in conditioner into my hair before.
do you saturate your hair with whatever you use? i have found that my hair is going to suck up whatever i put in it anyway, so i may as well be extremely liberal with applying product.
Visit my natural hair blog at: http://www.myhairisme.com

Hair Type: THICK. A little 3c, Mixed in with 4a/b

Products: I am a product junkie...it's bad..

I tried the pudding, and for the price it was not worth it. They are hustlers.

edit: I do like the Baby Buttercream. I use it for the front of my hairline because its 4a and hates to lay down. I'll be buy the small jar though.

I hate how they are so expensive. They are dangerous for newly natural curlies, or confused curlies. They will easily break your bank.
A 3b/3c/ curlicious combo with a sprinkle of 4a.
The Big Chop August. 2006
Natural Diva since 2005.
Tracklete Star!

Last edited by GuyanaGal718; 07-17-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: more info
I have gotten great results for my hair with the CM. The only reason I don't use it more often is because I worry about long-term effects of some of the ingredients.

When I use the CM I do the following:
- use on very wet hair
- apply a leave-in
- apply moisturizer
- apply CM liberally in relatively large sections
- go over whole head one more time with small dollop
- shake my head like a rockstar to separate curls and help with volume
- let airdry

In terms of reliable good hair day, CM hasn't let me down yet.
juicedabouthair