Hot Oil Treatment: mixture of olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil heated in a cup in a water bath
Shampoo: Aussie Moist
Conditioner: Tigi Moisture Manic and Aussie Moist
Leave in: Blended Beauty Soft Swirls and Curls & Paul Mitchell the Conditioner
Stylers: Blended Beauty Butter Me Up
, Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
1. Apply hot oil treatment, leave on for 15 min (when I shampoo, skip when co-washing
2. Shampoo 1x a week (with Aussie Moist Shampoo
), Co-wash 2x a week (with Aussie Moist Conditioner
). When I shampoo, I lightly rinse out the hotoil treatment and then apply the shampoo. I find that the hotoil treatment prevents the shampoo from drying out my hair, but still removes all the gunk and gets my scalp clean. Also, when I wash, I try not to pile my hair up on top and scrub, that causes tangles. I apply the shampoo/cowash to my scalp and move in a downward direction to work tangles out of my hair.
4. Apply conditioner (tigi Moisture Manic) and detangle. I keep a few clips in my shower so that when I detangle, I can clip the sections out of my way. I take my finger and divide my hair in 5 sections (1 on each side, three in the back). Clip each section and starting with 1 section, detangle with fingers first, then a wide tooth comb, and lastly with a paddle brush or denman brush to remove all tangles. Twist that section, clip, and move to next section until all sections are complete. (note: when I cowash, i usually just finger detangle or use a comb
5. Rinse (if I just shampoo'd, then I apply my deep conditioner at this step and then sit under the dryer/heat cap for 30-45 minutes...Rinse then proceed to next step).
6. Apply Paul Mitchell the leave in. I apply this while my hair is soaking wet. I try to apply in the same 5 sections that I detangled in to ensure complet coverage. I apply this when my hair is soaking wet. I use about a quarter size amount per section...I've noticed that my hair sorta sucks this ups along with the water and usually by the time I'm done, I barely have any drippies.
7. Apply Blended Beauty Soft Swirls and Curls (using same sections that I appled the paul mitchell..about a dime size per section)
8. Apply the blended Beauty Butter me up
to the last 1/3 of hair to seal in the moisture to my hair (if my hair is really dry, I'll apply this down the entire length of my hair...about a dime size per section)
9. If i'm doing this at night before I go to bed...I'll stop here and take each section and loosely twist in and pin with a bobby pin, wrap with my scarf and go to bed. In the morning, I'll proceed to step 10. If its in the morning, then I'll go to step 10
10. Apply Elasta QP Feels like silk (just a dime size amount to each section), smooth hair down to remove parts and make sure hair is laying the way I want it to look.
11. If hair is really wet or its cold outside, I'll plopp with an old tshirt to remove the excess water while I'm getting dressed.
I know this seems like a lot, but I can usually do this in about 30min at night before I go to bed, or about 20 min in the morning. I only shampoo at night and usually on Sunday evenings when I'm winding down. Also, this product combo means that my extra dry hair is soft and moist until the next wash AND it has given me up to 7 day hair when i've been too busy to wash during the week.