Tracie from 8th & Ocean

I really don't need to know about this show since I am older than ange 14, BUT...

Has anyone seen this show? Do you know the curly model Tracie? Her hair is BEAUTIFUL and it's exactly how I imagine my hair when if/when it gets that big.

Question: would you say she was a 3c 3c/4a or a 4a.

I ask because I think my hair could go either way. It has small curls. Some are pencil sized and some are smaller. Also, parts are shiny and parts are sheeny (if that's a word).

I'm just so excited about having a hair twin! Yea!
i love that show....but dont tell anyone

i think shes about a 4a, but thats just my opinion
I posted some pics of her in the 4a section a few weeks ago. I think she's a 4a.
A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee!

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
She's definitely a 4a and yes, I've been checking out her hair too. LOL!

Does anyone know how she gets it too look like that? Is it from a braidout or blowing straight with tension? When I do the blowout technique it doesn't retain the coil defintion.
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
PW: flower
Yup, my vote is for 4a as well. I've seen some pics where her curls look slightly bigger (3c), but those look like a straw set to me.
I posted some pics of her in the 4a section a few weeks ago. I think she's a 4a.
Originally Posted by shyygirl723
can you post a link to the pics?
Yup, my vote is for 4a as well. I've seen some pics where her curls look slightly bigger (3c), but those look like a straw set to me.
Originally Posted by susu
Really? U think so? Hmmm, I'm going to have my stylist do this for me to see how it turns out. I just love how her hair falls!
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
PW: flower
I posted some pics of her in the 4a section a few weeks ago. I think she's a 4a.
Originally Posted by shyygirl723
can you post a link to the pics?
Originally Posted by subbrock
Here you go.

Just scroll down and you should see it.
A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee!

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
I wanted to be a 3c. Oh well. I like my 4a hair.
I posted some pics of her in the 4a section a few weeks ago. I think she's a 4a.
Originally Posted by shyygirl723
can you post a link to the pics?
Originally Posted by subbrock
Here you go.

Just scroll down and you should see it.
Originally Posted by shyygirl723
Yep, Subbrock, you're right. After viewing the pics, she IS wearing a strawset. I can tell because the coils look to perfect if you know what I mean.

Yes, I'm going to get this style done next week to see if I get the same effect.
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
PW: flower
One last question:

What was the primary factor you considered when determining her hair type? Was it the shape of the curl or was it the texture?

I thought she would be a 3c because of the size of the curl, but she'd be a 3c who used little product. I think that if she used some, her hair would look like a "silkier" 3c. Thoughts?
Question: would you say she was a 3c 3c/4a or a 4a.

I ask because I think my hair could go either way. It has small curls. Some are pencil sized and some are smaller. Also, parts are shiny and parts are sheeny (if that's a word).

I'm just so excited about having a hair twin! Yea!
Originally Posted by earthlycoil
I LOVE Tracie's hair! I think she's a 3c for curls and 4a for texture. Can you type someone like that? I keep waiting to see an episode when she does something to her hair, like wash it so I can see what she does to it.
LadyDeeTee
"Never under underestimate the power of a
LADY!"
Last relaxer: 8/04; Partial BC: 10/04; 4a/b hair- earlobe length when blow dried and flat ironed
One last question:

What was the primary factor you considered when determining her hair type? Was it the shape of the curl or was it the texture?

I thought she would be a 3c because of the size of the curl, but she'd be a 3c who used little product. I think that if she used some, her hair would look like a "silkier" 3c. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by earthlycoil
Because her hair resembles mine. I'm always on the lookout for women with my hair texture, because I don't see it too often.
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
PW: flower
Question: would you say she was a 3c 3c/4a or a 4a.

I ask because I think my hair could go either way. It has small curls. Some are pencil sized and some are smaller. Also, parts are shiny and parts are sheeny (if that's a word).

I'm just so excited about having a hair twin! Yea!
Originally Posted by earthlycoil
I LOVE Tracie's hair! I think she's a 3c for curls and 4a for texture. Can you type someone like that? I keep waiting to see an episode when she does something to her hair, like wash it so I can see what she does to it.
Originally Posted by CurlyLdyDT
Andre's hair typing system doesn't really take into account texture. Mostly curl size. Tracie has tighter corkscrew/coils that are smaller than what would be considered 3c.

It really doesn't matter. She has beautiful hair, either way.
A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee!

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
i love that show....but dont tell anyone

i think shes about a 4a, but thats just my opinion
Originally Posted by subbrock

Me too. I'm WAY WAYWAY too old to admit to watching this to anyone in real life, just you guys!!!!!!!! I would call her a 4a.
Barely wavy mommy to a fine, silky with thready corkscrew 4 1/2yr old girl. HG's Moisture Maniac, PM The Conditioner, Cactus leave-in (original formula)"Mommy I want to look like a lion!" = hair loose and flowin'.
OMG! I am SO glad to see I'm not the only one jocking her hair. Her hair actually looks 4a/4bish to me. More 4a with a straw set. If you check out her modeling portfolio, or even the pics of her at MTV.com, you can see how over time, her hair can get closer to kinky than anything else.

http://8thandocean.irenemarie.com/po...ie/full04.html

The photo of her on the grass is sort of what I'm refering to, but I could be wrong.

I think we should keep in mind the fact that she is a model, and probably has people doing her hair for her quite regularly. And she spends a LOT of money on looking good. I'm *really* obsessed with finding out about her hair... I saw an MTV overdrive special where she is seen blowdrying her hair with a diffuser (I think). Also there is one episode where she was blowdrying her hair straight (maybe in preparation for another strawset?). I'm guessing straightening before a sStraw set would result in that more silky/perfect coiled look. It actually seems like a great idea... since it would fill in more after humidity gets to it from showers... allowing the style to keep longer.

Ok, I'm crazy obsessed, and I need to stop before I go so far as to email her agency asking for hair tips...
Actually, I just watched it again. Its Overdrive: Style: Beauty Secrets if you guys want to watch. She says she has to sit and condition her hair for 15 minutes... then they show her with a blowdryer... but it seems like a studio shot as her hair is already dry, there doesn't seem to be any air blowing out of it, and no one looks THAT happy when blowdrying...
Wow her hair is very pretty.
Thick 2b curl/wave
shes my new hair idol.
all natural.

my head is full of naps, coils, kinks and thickness.

http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/
So I don't know who is still following this girl, but I actually did send out that email to her agency. Hopefully I'll get a nice reply that I can share with everyone on the board. Her hair is *very* interesting. I saw her in Essence Beauty Basics and Beyond (waste of money for a natural as far as hair care goes) and her hair was more kinky than curly. I'm back to thinking she's a 4A.
Hair Type
Andre: 4A curls 4B texture
LOIS: S dominant and O at the edges. Not sure about texture yet.

http://members.fotki.com/maikettei/about/

Password: buttercup

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com