CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   3 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/)
-   -   I love Shea butter. (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/76980-i-love-shea-butter.html)

Midnight curls 05-29-2009 11:18 PM

I love Shea butter.
 
I bought an 8 ounce container of 100% natural shea butter from my local beauty supply store at the beginning of may....and i am in love with it :blob2:. My 8 ounce tub's not done yet but i went back and bought the 16 ounce container last week.

I melted some and added it to my deep condtioner mix, for about ten minutes, then finished with an acv rinse and my hair was in heaven. I had nothing but softness and shine!

I use it on my hair as a moisturizer and a pomade on dry curly hair and straightened hair.
Unrefined shea butter gets a :thumbup:!!!

How do you feel about Shea butter?

Nichole23 05-30-2009 01:47 PM

I love shea butter too. I normally have two batches, one for my hair and the other for my face.

I whip natural Shea Butter with Aloe Vera and Castor oil for my hair. I wear buns almost everyday and I apply Giovanni DLI and I layer my shea butter mixture on top.

I whip natural Shea Butter with Tea Tree oil (antiseptic) for my face. I use it like CoCoa Butter except its richer. It gives a golden glow to your skin.

naturalnurse04 05-30-2009 03:48 PM

My hair loved pure shea butter while I was transitioning, but once I BC'ed it kind of just sits on the top of my hair and makes it feel kind of greasy. I tried whipping the shea butter with oils, but it was still too greasy for my hair. I can use creams and puddings made with shea butter, but I just can't use it my itself. I absolutely love it for my body though!

Spiralli 05-30-2009 04:01 PM

I was using whipped unrefined shea butter for a couple of years. My hair liked it -- softened my crispy dried out ends and helped to calm canopy frizz. I used it overnight and would rinse out in the morning. Rinsed out well for me even with just WO washing.

I recently switched to coconut oil. I like it better than shea butter. Easier to apply (right now, my ccno is liquid since it's warm in my house with higher temps) and seems to sink into my hair better.

canelabella 05-30-2009 06:11 PM

Shea butter is amazing! It really helps to moisturize the hairs around my edges they're a bit more coarse than the rest of my hair. I can't wait till I gain some length so I can really put it to work. :-)

KindredsTwin1983 06-01-2009 05:22 PM

Try melting a little into your palms and rubbing on your face at night. LOVE IT. Shea butter is my skin care staple.

BekkaPoo 06-02-2009 11:50 AM

i'm a fan
 
I'll use it for as long as it works for me. I appy it to my hair and skin and I'm glad I learned about it here. me-->:love3:<--shea butter..lol

Suburbanbushbabe 06-02-2009 03:23 PM

My wet hair loves shea butter when I apply it over conditioner (even more when mixed with castor oil) - clump city and soft and moist when dry. It also loves shealoe butter (Hairveda whipped clouds), Hairveda Almond Glaze, Jane Carter Nourish & Shine - it loves the butters. My hands love it too - I use a mixed (with oil) shea body butter as a hand cream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nichole23
I whip natural Shea Butter with Aloe Vera and Castor oil for my hair. I wear buns almost everyday and I apply Giovanni DLI and I layer my shea butter mixture on top.

This sounds great!

LadyRae 06-04-2009 02:12 PM

Where can I get 100% shea butter and how do you use it???

sunshine75 06-04-2009 06:30 PM

I had to vote "no." :sad:

I've tried raw shea butter on my skin and hair, mixed with other natural materials(olive oil, coconut oil, aloe vera gel) and other products(lotions, conditioners) and it has never done anything for me.

I'm so bummed because I want it to work for me soooo bad. But everything I buy that's "shea" (with the exception of my African Shea Butter Soap! <-- HG staple for my face for LYFE!!!) just ends up in my closet not being used. :sad11:

Midnight curls 06-04-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyRae (Post 986570)
Where can I get 100% shea butter and how do you use it???

I get mine at a local beauty supply store. You can also get it online.

I use it in my deep conditioner. Also in wet hair, dry hair and straightened hair as a moisturizer and to seal in moisture.
It can also be used on your face and body as a moisturizing 'lotion'.

It's just everything for me! :love3: lol

twirlygranny 06-09-2009 07:52 PM

I face & body really love it. Only use it on the ends of my hair.

NubianCoils 06-10-2009 12:24 PM

Man don't talk bad about my shea butter!!! :goofy: LOVE it! Seriously, it has changed my life. Let me tell you what I do:

1. I use it on my face as a moisturizer and not only do I save money from buying expensive products that WEREN'T working, now my face is smooth and clear. I am planning to purchase the East African shea butter from Shea Terra soon just for my face. I've heard it's creamier and easier to apply.

2. I had these dark spots on my knees and now after a month of raw shea butter, they are GONE! I have smooth creamy chocolate legs now. Same goes for blemishes I had on my face.

3. My hair just loves it. I'm a PJ (I'm trying really hard not to be) so I buy a bunch of other stuff, but my hair would be just happy with water and shea butter as a sealant. That's really all it needs. I'm sure I could use it as a conditioner and/or in my conditioner but I haven't tried it cause I'm using too many other things.:shock:

4. It softens the cuticles on my hands

5. My feel now feel like a baby's butt

YAY for shea butter!!!:wav:

LadyRae 06-11-2009 06:12 PM

I just got sum shea butter! (Yayness!:blob3:) I can't wait to see how much I can use it...

It doesn't say anything about using it in your hair though... is that okay??? It DOES say 100% shea butter, though

curlynikki 06-11-2009 10:30 PM

I couldn't live without it :)

KindredsTwin1983 06-12-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NubianCoils (Post 992194)
Man don't talk bad about my shea butter!!! :goofy: LOVE it! Seriously, it has changed my life. Let me tell you what I do:

1. I use it on my face as a moisturizer and not only do I save money from buying expensive products that WEREN'T working, now my face is smooth and clear. I am planning to purchase the East African shea butter from Shea Terra soon just for my face. I've heard it's creamier and easier to apply.

2. I had these dark spots on my knees and now after a month of raw shea butter, they are GONE! I have smooth creamy chocolate legs now. Same goes for blemishes I had on my face.

3. My hair just loves it. I'm a PJ (I'm trying really hard not to be) so I buy a bunch of other stuff, but my hair would be just happy with water and shea butter as a sealant. That's really all it needs. I'm sure I could use it as a conditioner and/or in my conditioner but I haven't tried it cause I'm using too many other things.:shock:

4. It softens the cuticles on my hands

5. My feel now feel like a baby's butt

YAY for shea butter!!!:wav:

Agree X 10,000. I started using shea butter a month ago and my face is glowing and has never been clearer. Sometimes I add a bit of coconut oil for extra moisture.

This beats any ridiculously expensive face lotions out there. I will never go to anything but shea butter.

This weekend I'm making a sugar scrub with turbinado sugar, coconut oil, honey...and of course shea.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com