View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #19
subbrock

Send a message via AIM to subbrock
Default Re: Why can't my curls be natural???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlilocs
Has anyone else been dismissed as a natural because they have natually curly hair?

When I was relaxed and wore my curly wash and go's all I heard was "If I had hair like yours there's no way I'd relax it". Now that I'm natural all I hear is " Did you jheri curl your hair?" When I polity tell them I just cut the relaxer out of it, they look at me like I have two heads and then reply "And your hair does that naturally?" the smiley indicates the look that goes with their question/ comment as if to say 'yeah right'. WTF???

Just because my hair is curly doesn't mean I have to alter it with a chemical. Why do I have to face teeth sucking and rolling eyes because God made me this way. It just doesn't make sense how critical and judgemental people can sometimes be. SOrry but I had to get this off of my chest this morning :x
welcome to my world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why i love this site instead of nappturality....

but its so funny because now that im natural and people ask me if my hair is naturally curly or is it a texturizer, straw set, etc etc...then they act like im lying and there is no way my hair could be like this on its own. so after they realize im not lying the first thing out of their mouth is "why did you ever relax your hair??? if i had hair like yours i would never relax it....." suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
*brace yourself, more venting* and when i did relax my hair and wore it curly (my hair will not be tamed by any chemical!) everyone was like, "why dont you wear your hair curly? i love it curly! curly curly curly" now that im natural and always wear it curly everyone pulls the whole "why dont you straighten your hair? i like your hair better straight. straight straight straight" oh get a life people. i swear. i think the world is only happy if theyre driving you crazy. whatever.
subbrock is offline   Reply With Quote