Mostly I ignore the monthly "ask the expert" columns, because it seems that the "experts" spend more time promoting their products than actually giving good advice. However, I always read the columns, because I never know what I might learn. This month, I read the advice to "...
drench your hair with Curl Keeper while your hair is soaking wet. When you bend your head over, you need to start squeezing each curl so that you hear a “squishing” sound. If you don’t hear a squish, you either don’t have enough water, Curl Keeper or both. The squishy sound is so important that the more you squish, the curlier your style will be."

I thought that sounds like something worth trying. I don't use Curl Keeper, but I do use Rockin' Ringlets. For the past two days I've been squishing my curls after adding RR to soaking wet hair. Much as I hate to admit it, I've gotten superior curls, and no frizz, both days. I intend to keep doing this. I don't have good luck with plopping, so I just use a microfiber towel to scrunch my hair after I get out of the shower. Then I put a couple of clips in on the top for height and let it air-dry.

Anyone else try this? Is it working/not working for you?
Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.