View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #19
RozettaStone

OK, I tried it and am here to report that I got very good results -- some of my best and curliest hair yet! I used EchoKitten's technique of raking/squishing right up by my roots but not raking through the length, and I think my waves are starting up higher than usual and that I got better product distribution.
I also tried a few other new things this time, so I'm not certain what-all else might be responsible.
I CO washed and then did a lemon juice-CO rinse.
When it was time to squish in product, I made sure hair was still really dripping. I first squished in a few puddles of -- yes -- Astroglide (first time). I did the partial rake/squish thing with my other usual products, which right now are SheaMoisture leave-in and LA Durahold. I did get the desired "squish" sounds. After scrunching a little with my tee-shirt, I mixed a little more gel with a dab of Re:coil and smoothed/scrunched that in too. Plopped for awhile, diffused a little, and my hair really waved up, lots of spiraling, very little frizz.
Once dry, I scrunched out crunch with a bit of jojoba oil -- it looks very good!
I think these two little tweaks to my technique are going to be very helpful -- thanks, everyone!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color
RozettaStone is offline   Reply With Quote