I used to have super dry hair when I first started CG. I was a pre-CG heavy cone user and several weeks after starting CG and still having dry hair issues...I eliminated all products that had proteins except for my Too Shea. Once I did that my hair really started to look good. (Disclaimer= I do not dye my hair, all my hair at this point is virgin non dyed/chemical treated)
I also for a long time did deep conditioning treatments every weekend, and stayed away from any synthetic styling products as much as I could especially on the weekends. I would use AVG for frizz control, jojoba/shea oils and pure organic leave ins. Eventually my hair "forgave" me and now, except for the occasional yuck weather day-or I'm having bad luck with a new product, my hair looks pretty darn good.
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren