View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
curlyarca

who me, i really appreciate your starting this thread. i decided to cut out sweets for a while. it's been two days and i've slipped up twice, but only having had two sugary items (fruit slush and a peanut butter cookie) is much better than the usual diet. i've been feeling sluggish and i know its from the roller coaster ride of my blood sugar. the sugary food/drink would give me a buzz and after the buzz i felt sluggish. the first day was hard. the second day was a bit easier. today i feel like i'm thinking a bit more before i eat.

i have mints on my desk that have been sitting there a solid week now. for me that's progress seeing i have had to buy a new bag to replenish my supply every 4 days or so.

i've also noticed i'm gaining weight and i suspect my sweet cravings are the culprit. i definitely don't want to gain anymore. i think i'll print out your comments to read in detail again later.

i used to eat only 1500 cal/day and keep a food diary as well as regular exercise 4-5 days a week). Now I have no idea what I'm eating and i only exercise 2-3 days a week. I really need to change if I want to feel better.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
curlyarca is offline   Reply With Quote