Easy -- Pureology Hydrating (haha) Shampoo & Conditioner.

I used this for ages before I went CG. I was told it would be wonderful for my "damaged" and color-treated hair, and I kept using it because I was suckered into buying the huge liter bottles. I was convinced that I just had "bad" and "damaged" hair that looked & felt like a parched haystack. I know several other women who got suckered into the liter bottles and who had the same haystack experience with it, too. (They really push this line at the Pure Beauty stores, which are all over my town.)

It is loaded with proteins, sulfates, and cones, and it made my hair AND my scalp miserable. To be fair, when I switched off with other highly recommended and expensive products (such as Bumble & Bumble), they weren't any better.

Funny, isn't it, that the FIRST TIME I started co-washing with cheapie VO5, my scalp & hair took an immediate turn for the better, and now that I've been using CG products and a lot of oils and other good natural stuff on my hair, it has become very soft and even shiny, and my stylist told me it was in excellent condition and not damaged.

I can't tell you enough how much I HATE Pureology.
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color