Rainshower, If I'm protein sensitive (I think I am...) would this natural henna be a good or bad idea? I'd really like to reap the benefits that you speak of and I'm tempted to get some from Whole Foods tomorrow.

Let me know!
Originally Posted by curlynikki
i just pm'd you, but i'll reply here too.

i don't think you would have a problem using it, so long as you aren't allergic to the cassia plant. there are no additives to it. it's just the dehydrated, ground-up leaves into a powder.

i will add that there are pieces of twigs in there. you could sift them out before the application if you wish. i don't. the slip from my conditioner, in addition to the massage feature on my showerhead are enough to make them slide right on out and down the drain.

additionally, i use aubrey organics j.a.y. shampoo and j.a.y. conditioner to wash the henna out. these are awesome products.

i use their rosa mosqueta shampoo and conditioner during the warm/hot months, and change up to their jay shampoo and conditioner during the cool/cold months. both of these products are excellent for my coily/wavy/curly hair.
"Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb