Banana Bread/Muffin Recipes
Here is a quick and easy recipe from the Weight Watchers website. I made these muffins this evening and they are moist, delicious, and lowfat. The frosting is finger-licking good. Happy Baking!!
Frosted Banana Bread Muffins
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2/3 cup(s) unpacked brown sugar
3 large banana(s), or 4 medium, mashed
2 tsp lemon peel, grated
1 large egg(s)
1 large egg white(s)
2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp table salt
1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
1/2 cup(s) golden seedless raisins
1/3 cup(s) powdered sugar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Blend together oil and brown sugar. Beat in bananas, lemon zest, egg and egg white.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Gently stir half flour mixture into banana mixture. Stir in buttermilk, remaining flour and raisins.
5. Divide batter among muffin pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.
6. To make frosting, blend powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
POINTS per serving |*2