View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #81
curlynikki

After another great experience w/ Cassia tonight, I've decided to bite the bullet and try henna

I've Cassia'd 4 (or 5) times now, and I've tried different mixes. The best so far has been cassia/warm water/1.5 tablespoon of EVOO/2 tablespoons of honey. I left this mix in today for 5 hours and rinsed to reveal soft, defined, heavy hair!

I've been on the hennaforhair.com all night reading (I know right...what an exciting Friday evening) about henna and its conditioning effects and I bought some BAQ from mehandi.com.

If it gets here next week, I'll use it on Thursday and keep you guys updated w/ results.

Spiral,

What should my henna mix consist of? Or, what have you had the most success with? My Cassia seems to go on easier and wash out easier w/ honey and EVOO in the mix (plus it yields much more moisture). Could i add a little conditioner to the henna?

I'm thinking: ACV, water, honey, (conditioner?)

When I'm preparing the mix (ACV (cut w/ water), and henna)) do I add in the other ingredients (i.e., honey, conditioner) at this time or after the dye has released? From reading posts, I believe the answer is after the dye has released...

Thanks a million!!

curlynikki is offline   Reply With Quote