Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #21
 
ChAoTiCbLiSs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Chik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napp View Post
^^that combo would be horrible on my hair. i find aloe vera to be drying to my hair no matter what i use. even straight from the plant.coconut oil is just oily

and no offense but why mention the combo when i specifically asked for non gel recommendations?
Ay girl, chill. Read what she said before you snap on her like that. People wanna help even though you got all these stipulations but that little funky attitude gotta go.

How can you snap on somebody wit a cupcake as they avatar? that's like talkin sh*t to a Care Bear... You don't do that, sweetie.
Oh Lawd, I'm weak!! I'm weak!!! I can't breathe!! I love this thread!
__________________
3b/2b/3c mix
~no heat, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil or petrolatum~
CURLS, My Honey Child , KCKT, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
ChAoTiCbLiSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
 
Napp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 180
Default

wow if you go to a store and ask for a big mac and get a cheeseburger you wouldn't question why? or you would just say nothing because the cashier looks "sweet"? i questioned while trying not to offend but still viewed like a was "Shabiquya with da serious attitude". Now gel has become a taboo word lest i swerve my neck at 50mph and poke you in the eye with my sharp synthetic bss curls!

lol

thanks to the posters who actually tried to help unfortunately i havent really seen anything i didnt try already.
__________________
4a transitioning
Straight haired natural journey
Napp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #23
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,321
Default

LOL...I don't think it's that serious!

But anywho, can I ask what you are looking for in terms of definition? Are you trying to weigh down your hair or just decrease frizz to define the curlies/coils? I know some moisturizers that will give a fluffier, but still deifned look without the frizz...for me it's basically the diff between a fluffy curly fro and a hanging bowl cut...
__________________
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
EllyEllyOxenFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #24
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

leave in
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #25
 
Napp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 180
Default

i was just messing around

with my usualy wash n go methos i use vo5 free me fresia and apply baby buttercreme in 4 section. then i squeeze out the excess and i have definition when its wet but as it dries it gets puffy esp at the crown and edges and extremely voluminous and no shine or sheen. i wanted something that gave me more control without removing volume. my hair is soft and it doesnt tangle but isnt really presentable in certyain situations.


i get a similar effect with gel except gel makes my hair hard no matter what,gives a jherri curl-ish effect and it takes days to dry.

i think i might just try to look for the shea moisture again. i might have to go to brooklyn
__________________
4a transitioning
Straight haired natural journey
Napp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #26
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napp View Post
i was just messing around

with my usualy wash n go methos i use vo5 free me fresia and apply baby buttercreme in 4 section. then i squeeze out the excess and i have definition when its wet but as it dries it gets puffy esp at the crown and edges and extremely voluminous and no shine or sheen. i wanted something that gave me more control without removing volume. my hair is soft and it doesnt tangle but isnt really presentable in certyain situations.


i get a similar effect with gel except gel makes my hair hard no matter what,gives a jherri curl-ish effect and it takes days to dry.

i think i might just try to look for the shea moisture again. i might have to go to brooklyn
I know you were playing - I lol'ed!

Hmmm...perhaps you need a conditioner that is more moisturizing - I can't leave in the VO5 condishes - my hair is so so frizzy if I try to.
__________________
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
EllyEllyOxenFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #27
 
Naya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 920
Default

I recommend Aveda Be Curly conditioner with some Castor Oil... granted the conditioner is more than $10 but a little bit goes a long way with this one. So it lasts quite a while. Also.. I've found it online for a lot cheaper than going to the Aveda store or an Aveda concept salon. It both helps with weighing your hair down as well as with definition.


Another one is Giovanni's Deep Moisture Conditioner, the organic one. Should come it at about $10 exactly depending on where you go. This one does almost the same job as the above conditioner. Use it with castor oil.
__________________
BC: May 2008
Hair Type:
3C/4A mix I think
http://members.fotki.com/RizadaMinicana
Not Updated D:

Vegan-ish

Naya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #28
 
Napp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 180
Default

ooh i may just have to take a trip to marshalls for that^^^^ but first i would like to try herbal essences totally twisted. the thing is that for some conditioners they give great definition but leave a grey film on my hair. vo5 conditioners dont which is why i use them. perhaps if i use an oil i can negate the effect?
__________________
4a transitioning
Straight haired natural journey
Napp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #29
 
Naya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napp View Post
ooh i may just have to take a trip to marshalls for that^^^^ but first i would like to try herbal essences totally twisted. the thing is that for some conditioners they give great definition but leave a grey film on my hair. vo5 conditioners dont which is why i use them. perhaps if i use an oil i can negate the effect?

Oh yeah! I got a HUGE pump bottle of the Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner from Marshalls once for like $15. I mean.. about 36 oz or so lmao.

IDK.. Herbal Essences conditioners dry my hair out if I use them over a period of time. When I do get a film over my hair.. it's usually one of two things both fixed by clarifying.. 1. Product buildup over a perioud of time or 2. Product has non water-soluable silicones in it and is just sitting on top of my strands. I use the oil to seal in the moisture on my hair. But if you have a film on the strands already from the conditioner.. adding oil will probably only make it worst.
__________________
BC: May 2008
Hair Type:
3C/4A mix I think
http://members.fotki.com/RizadaMinicana
Not Updated D:

Vegan-ish

Naya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #30
 
Cali Chik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napp View Post
wow if you go to a store and ask for a big mac and get a cheeseburger you wouldn't question why? or you would just say nothing because the cashier looks "sweet"? i questioned while trying not to offend but still viewed like a was "Shabiquya with da serious attitude". Now gel has become a taboo word lest i swerve my neck at 50mph and poke you in the eye with my sharp synthetic bss curls!

lol

thanks to the posters who actually tried to help unfortunately i havent really seen anything i didnt try already.
yeah u lost me and I have no idea what you talkin bout anymore.

But it's cool. I wasn't really being serious about the whole cupcake carebear thing. But because like YOU said "you can't tell someone's tone over the net" I misunderstood the attitude I thought you were coming from. My bad. It happens. I don't know what happened with the whole cheeseburger and gel bein taboo thin....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbrock View Post
- don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.
www.lifestarbeauty.com
Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr


Cali Chik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com