Red Kool aid tint from new Mozeke reaction

I AM HAVING A REACTION TO THE NEW COCOA CONDITIONING CREAM AND I JUST SENT AN EMAIL TO THE COMPANY!!!!


I applied to wet hair to let it air dry and let my hait absorb it. Yeah it's soft and I still have frizz but I just looked in the mirror...





MY SHOULDERS, CHEST, CHIN, NECK AND SIDES OF MY FACE WHERE THE WATER RAN DOWN IS NOW RED! IT' LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE POURED RED CHERRY KOOL AID IN MY HAIR AND IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!

IT DOESN'T HURT, BURN OR ITCH, NOTHING, IT'S JUST RUN.

I just exfoliated with my facial scrub, still red. Washed it with some Rhassoul Clay and finally it's fading.

Still waiting for a reply from Mezeke and I really hope I hear from them tomorrow.
I AM HAVING A REACTION TO THE NEW COCOA CONDITIONING CREAM AND I JUST SENT AN EMAIL TO THE COMPANY!!!!


I applied to wet hair to let it air dry and let my hait absorb it. Yeah it's soft and I still have frizz but I just looked in the mirror...





MY SHOULDERS, CHEST, CHIN, NECK AND SIDES OF MY FACE WHERE THE WATER RAN DOWN IS NOW RED! IT' LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE POURED RED CHERRY KOOL AID IN MY HAIR AND IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!

IT DOESN'T HURT, BURN OR ITCH, NOTHING, IT'S JUST RUN.

I just exfoliated with my facial scrub, still red. Washed it with some Rhassoul Clay and finally it's fading.

Still waiting for a reply from Mezeke and I really hope I hear from them tomorrow.
Originally Posted by makeupvixen
Oh no...im sorry you had a bad reaction. I just ordered a sample of this cream yesterday too...I will definitely not be touching this one. I hope they respond quickly.
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
ooh.. and I just replied to your prior post. Sorry that happened. I will be watching this thread mos def.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter

Last edited by Naturalista; 03-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.
It's just so upsetting because my hair feels so soft and nice too.

I asked them for suggestions, if it can be used on wet hair or only dry. I wanted to know if I got a bad batch. I asked them a bunch of questions and how this could happen.

I was doing a fresh test to do a YT review later this week so there was nothing else but this product on my hair. Freshly cleaned and freshly DC.

I'm just disappointed and really hope they can help with this problem.

I liked there avocado stuff and didn't have a problem.

I have the babassu twisting cream that I haven't tried yet and I wanted to order the rhassoul rinse later for the sale but I don't know anymore.
Dayum. I'm sorry this happened. I hope that you get this taken care of
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
I'm sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated.
Red?!?! Geez....what's in it that would make the red?!
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Yeah, I'm looking at the jar and patch testing it on my hand and arm. On my back hand it's fine but on my arm, where there is less color in my skin, it's turning red. You know like those "Burns" you get when you were kids and someone twisted your skin.

Good thing is that it washes off after two washes, Bad thing is that I don't know what the hell is wrong with this stuff. Sad part is that I was starting to like the way my hair felt, minus the frizzy hair.
Whoa, that is too weird. Hopefully they will have an explanation.

My blogs: NewlyNatural.com [COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]
My fotki pw:hair
Ok so here is the response email:

It sounds like an allergic reaction specifically allergic contact dermatitis. If you are familiar with the ingredients (as in you have use them before) and know that you have not ever had a problem with them, it's probably the fragrance. I do quality control tests on each batch and have not received in any complaints/concerns from anyone else who received a product from that batch. Can I send you a free UNSCENTED version for you to try a patch test? If it doesn't make you red then it's definitely the fragrance. I'm so sorry it made you red and I appreciate your feedback. Just out of curiosity did you use henna, cassia, or dye your hair any shade of red in the past 3 months? Also, did it turn you hands red?


Well I don't know about being allergic to something and getting a red tint from it... If I was really allergic then it would turn into a red rash and not something I can rinse off, Right??? Hum???

Maybe there is something in the fragrance they used...

I asked them for an unscented version so at least they responded to my email. Some companies just brush me off so I'm glad to here from them within just a few hours.

I still have it in my hair and my hair isn't red, just patches of my scalp and around my hairline now. I will rinse it out in a few more minutes and see if it turns my water red looking.
I have a question...don't be mad at me...but why would you ask for the unscented version when you haven't figured out the issue? It's clear that she didn't understand exactly what happened - TBH, I didn't first either, I thought you had an allergic reaction like Mozeke said. IMO I think you should clarify the issue before getting the unscented version, simply because this reaction is VERY strange...I looked at the ingreds and they are all pretty normal, so I don't know why that would happen. Are you sure it wasn't something else?

I think that most fragrances, when they start to turn old...can turn color, but it's usually a yellowish or brownish tint, not red. Have you used any hibiscus in your hair?
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
OMG, that's very disturbing. I've been using the cocoa conditioning creme since January with no negative reactions. I've used it on myself and my dd (wet hair for me and wet and dry for dd).Like u said, my hair feels soft but it does absolutely nothing for frizz (which is an ongoing issue for me anyway). I hope u can figure out soon what caused that reaction.
I have a question...don't be mad at me...but why would you ask for the unscented version when you haven't figured out the issue? It's clear that she didn't understand exactly what happened - TBH, I didn't first either, I thought you had an allergic reaction like Mozeke said. IMO I think you should clarify the issue before getting the unscented version, simply because this reaction is VERY strange...I looked at the ingreds and they are all pretty normal, so I don't know why that would happen. Are you sure it wasn't something else?

I think that most fragrances, when they start to turn old...can turn color, but it's usually a yellowish or brownish tint, not red. Have you used any hibiscus in your hair?
Originally Posted by PJCardRevoked

Not mad, LOL. Sorry for the delay but some weirdness was going on in other boards I needed to read and I forgot to hit follow on this post.

They offered a free unscented one and I said yes, I didn't even know they had unscented until they emailed me back, guess I should pay more attention to that, lol. why say no to a free replacement, LOL, shoot aint no way I'm gonna say no to Free, lol? Hopefully the unscented version will work and not have this issue but I wont know until I try it. Now if this unscented one comes and I get the same issue then something is really wrong. It would be interesting to find out what it could be other than the fragrance since I have other products with similar ingredients and I don't get red kool aid coming down my face. I told them I tried other product from them and I never had this problem before.

I also agree, I don't think she really understood me. I don't think it's a skin reaction, it's something in it that is altering the color. I rinsed it out and there was a very small tint in the water, like lighter than pink lemonade. I tried it again today but only as a moisturizing base under some eco styler (the new argan oil one). I applied it to dry hair and the smallest amount of pink'ish color was my palm, but nothing someone other than me would really notice. Still no itchy no scratchy no skin reaction just that minor tint of pink now. I may try it again later on in the week on wet hair to see what happens.


Oh and nope, no hibiscus in my hair in ages, I think the first week of january maybe. I've been playing with products that I don't have to mix myself the past few months.
OMG, that's very disturbing. I've been using the cocoa conditioning creme since January with no negative reactions. I've used it on myself and my dd (wet hair for me and wet and dry for dd).Like u said, my hair feels soft but it does absolutely nothing for frizz (which is an ongoing issue for me anyway). I hope u can figure out soon what caused that reaction.
Originally Posted by mimismom
Yeah prety baffling to me. Pretty much why I wanted you ladies take on this because I can't figure out what the problem could be.

I'm really thinking it's a bad batch or the fragrance but there is no batch number on my jar or anything to give them as a reference, but I guess since I'm the first complaint then there isn't anything wrong with the batch. Who knows?

I guess I'm the lucky one, LOL.

Do you get the frizz too with a styler on top? I was able to manage my frizz today under some eco styler but I don't always use eco styler. I'm asking because I decided it's time to show my hair and I want to be prepared. I have everything under the sun at home and it's time to go back to battling the racial comments I get at work. Last thing I need is to battle frizz on top of the hatred at work. Tomorrow will be the first day I show any part of my hair at my normal job in over a year and I'm trying to get prepared for it, the good the bad and the ugly.
I have a question...don't be mad at me...but why would you ask for the unscented version when you haven't figured out the issue? It's clear that she didn't understand exactly what happened - TBH, I didn't first either, I thought you had an allergic reaction like Mozeke said. IMO I think you should clarify the issue before getting the unscented version, simply because this reaction is VERY strange...I looked at the ingreds and they are all pretty normal, so I don't know why that would happen. Are you sure it wasn't something else?

I think that most fragrances, when they start to turn old...can turn color, but it's usually a yellowish or brownish tint, not red. Have you used any hibiscus in your hair?
Originally Posted by PJCardRevoked

Not mad, LOL. Sorry for the delay but some weirdness was going on in other boards I needed to read and I forgot to hit follow on this post.

They offered a free unscented one and I said yes, I didn't even know they had unscented until they emailed me back, guess I should pay more attention to that, lol. why say no to a free replacement, LOL, shoot aint no way I'm gonna say no to Free, lol? Hopefully the unscented version will work and not have this issue but I wont know until I try it. Now if this unscented one comes and I get the same issue then something is really wrong. It would be interesting to find out what it could be other than the fragrance since I have other products with similar ingredients and I don't get red kool aid coming down my face. I told them I tried other product from them and I never had this problem before.

I also agree, I don't think she really understood me. I don't think it's a skin reaction, it's something in it that is altering the color. I rinsed it out and there was a very small tint in the water, like lighter than pink lemonade. I tried it again today but only as a moisturizing base under some eco styler (the new argan oil one). I applied it to dry hair and the smallest amount of pink'ish color was my palm, but nothing someone other than me would really notice. Still no itchy no scratchy no skin reaction just that minor tint of pink now. I may try it again later on in the week on wet hair to see what happens.


Oh and nope, no hibiscus in my hair in ages, I think the first week of january maybe. I've been playing with products that I don't have to mix myself the past few months.
Originally Posted by makeupvixen
LOL. Girl, I think you know that I know that there ain't nothin' wrong with free product. I just just wondering if she continued the conversation with you in order to try to figure out the issue. After my little debacle this weekend, I had extensive email exchanges with the company owner (all positive and helpful) in order to try to figure out what happened.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
^^^ Nope, just that one email was all the response I got. I don't really even know for sure if they will send the unscented one at all. Just gotta wait and see.
Hmmm...if my product were turning people into the Kool Aid Man I think I'd try to figure out why...but okay...
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Hmmm...if my product were turning people into the Kool Aid Man I think I'd try to figure out why...but okay...
Originally Posted by PJCardRevoked

Yeah. So far that is still the only response from them. But I guess since I'm One in a Million then it's not a high priority concern. Maybe it's just me, but if I had a business and I got this as a complaint I really would like to know what was going on, ask questions, call the customer. Maybe after getting such excellent customer service from CJ maybe my customer service expectations are too high.

But that's cool, whatever. If the unscented one works then fine, if I still get the red juice from the scented one and the new one then it's going to the swap (next meetup), might even post it on lola's green hair with the rest of my stuff.
Hmmm...if my product were turning people into the Kool Aid Man I think I'd try to figure out why...but okay...
Originally Posted by PJCardRevoked

Yeah. So far that is still the only response from them. But I guess since I'm One in a Million then it's not a high priority concern. Maybe it's just me, but if I had a business and I got this as a complaint I really would like to know what was going on, ask questions, call the customer. Maybe after getting such excellent customer service from CJ maybe my customer service expectations are too high.

But that's cool, whatever. If the unscented one works then fine, if I still get the red juice from the scented one and the new one then it's going to the swap (next meetup), might even post it on lola's green hair with the rest of my stuff.
Originally Posted by makeupvixen
Not at all. We are so impressed when we have these positive experiences that we forget that these are what our experiences with vendors SHOULD be like on a regular basis. Mozeke needs to step it up.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
OMG, that's very disturbing. I've been using the cocoa conditioning creme since January with no negative reactions. I've used it on myself and my dd (wet hair for me and wet and dry for dd).Like u said, my hair feels soft but it does absolutely nothing for frizz (which is an ongoing issue for me anyway). I hope u can figure out soon what caused that reaction.
Originally Posted by mimismom
Yeah prety baffling to me. Pretty much why I wanted you ladies take on this because I can't figure out what the problem could be.

I'm really thinking it's a bad batch or the fragrance but there is no batch number on my jar or anything to give them as a reference, but I guess since I'm the first complaint then there isn't anything wrong with the batch. Who knows?

I guess I'm the lucky one, LOL.

Do you get the frizz too with a styler on top? I was able to manage my frizz today under some eco styler but I don't always use eco styler. I'm asking because I decided it's time to show my hair and I want to be prepared. I have everything under the sun at home and it's time to go back to battling the racial comments I get at work. Last thing I need is to battle frizz on top of the hatred at work. Tomorrow will be the first day I show any part of my hair at my normal job in over a year and I'm trying to get prepared for it, the good the bad and the ugly.
Originally Posted by makeupvixen
Yes chile, I get the frizz even with a styler. Its driving me crazy. And I don't really like the crunchy feeling of gel. I tried komaza califia pudding and that didn't work. I'm thinking about trying DM's dream curling cream next.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com