Questions For Elle About Hair..HELP!

I'm getting to the "keep it simple" place but that's mainly out of boredom. Lol. I could keep my stash down to four products for spring/summer and four for fall/winter. But that PJ itch...*scratches*

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
tex-laxed(pfffttt)
Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

GIFSoup
Lawd, lemme find out that Elle needs her own spot like curlynikki.
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
This is how I feel as well. I've seen a lot of "natural hair" blogs and watched countless YTer's discussing natural hair this and that.. and I have to say Elle's blog is stellar in my personal opinion. Not only because of the content but because of the CLEAR and CONCISE explanations she gives in language that is articulate but not so damn over the top it's like she's trying to be "MissNaturalHairScienceGuru" (I ain't gonna say no names..ROFL).

And not only that her hair looks fabulous so it's obviously she has a handle on how to care for her own hair properly... cause if I see one more YTer with janky ass hurr trying to tell somebody what the HELL they should use.. I mean I can't. Cause some of these natural YTers some many are all up on..oh no. Some long scraggley ass hair or "good hair" that you can't even take care of well that you fakin the funk with..don't effin impress me.

So you know I'm impressed with Elle cause I don't ask people opinions about MY hair. I'm like Nino Brown when it comes my hair.. "I don't trust a mmmmmmmmmuthhhhf....." LOL!


NC owners.. yall help Elle BLOW UP too..shoot.
Lawd, lemme find out that Elle needs her own spot like curlynikki.
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
This is how I feel as well. I've seen a lot of "natural hair" blogs and watched countless YTer's discussing natural hair this and that.. and I have to say Elle's blog is stellar in my personal opinion. Not only because of the content but because of the CLEAR and CONCISE explanations she gives in language that is articulate but not so damn over the top it's like she's trying to be "MissNaturalHairScienceGuru" (I ain't gonna say no names..ROFL).

And not only that her hair looks fabulous so it's obviously she has a handle on how to care for her own hair properly... cause if I see one more YTer with janky ass hurr trying to tell somebody what the HELL they should use.. I mean I can't. Cause some of these natural YTers some many are all up on..oh no. Some long scraggley ass hair or "good hair" that you can't even take care of well that you fakin the funk with..don't effin impress me.

So you know I'm impressed with Elle cause I don't ask people opinions about MY hair. I'm like Nino Brown when it comes my hair.. "I don't trust a mmmmmmmmmuthhhhf....." LOL!


NC owners.. yall help Elle BLOW UP too..shoot.
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
+1




Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals, GVPCB
Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein!

Funny you say your post is long but I need more deets!!!

What is your dew point?
Originally Posted by EllyEllyOxenFree
75

IMO, with a dew that high, the less products, the better. That's SO much moisture in the air. I agree with NCC, if condish + oil works for you, do it! If you wanna dabble in products, get new conditioner! I am a conditioner junkie over everything else.

I've been using that LocSoc..but um.. welll..um.. my husband..he...well let's just say it err comes off during the night.

LOL. Can't help you there.

Yes, my whole family touches my hair constantly.

Also going to hinder second day hair. But it's you fam, so if you like it, doing your hair daily is probably worth it.

The Smoothie mainly.

That has glycerin, I wouldn't use it in a dew of 75.

Yes, I tried La Bella Lots of Curls with it. My hair had hold but felt dry.

I've never used that gel but I know in a high dew a gel like LA Looks will make my hair feel terrible! Just...terrible!



Actually yes.. and I love that look... but I call myself trying to be more like yall and use some darn products. ROFL! But I've always been nervous because I have my method (condit+oil+sometimes the gel). And nothing more which has always worked out so well for me. But hearing and seeing what others (including here on NC) have been saying about product this and product that.. I figured stop being so adamant and give it a try.

Like I said, you can always buy new oils too.

I think I just beat you in terms of long posts.
Yeah..I don't mind. I love to read and the more details the better for me. But I understand now not everyone is like me so my posts need to be much much shorter from now on.


Thank you for the links and the info ELLE. I'm going to watch them ASAP.
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
Welcome!
Originally Posted by EllyEllyOxenFree
Thank you Elle for all your help. I really appreciate your time. I think I better head on back to my old method like you and the other ladies suggest. And just have some fun with different gels like I did last time. And I'm going to take your advice and just experiment with various oils and conditioners. I mean I do like the SM line but maybe I better just use that in colder months cause it worked really well for me in colder weather.


And yeah.. I love my wash n gos so doesn't bother me doing my hair everyday. And I don't think they would stay out of my hair even if I asked. But sometimes I'd like to get second day hair.. and with the cond+oil+gel+dryhair+locsoc...I can do it.

((((((((((((((((((THANK YOU ELLE))))))))))))))))))

Still will be following your blog though..I'm in LOVE with Izzy. She's stunning just like her mother (mini Chante Moore)!
Lawd, lemme find out that Elle needs her own spot like curlynikki.
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
This is how I feel as well. I've seen a lot of "natural hair" blogs and watched countless YTer's discussing natural hair this and that.. and I have to say Elle's blog is stellar in my personal opinion. Not only because of the content but because of the CLEAR and CONCISE explanations she gives in language that is articulate but not so damn over the top it's like she's trying to be "MissNaturalHairScienceGuru" (I ain't gonna say no names..ROFL).

And not only that her hair looks fabulous so it's obviously she has a handle on how to care for her own hair properly... cause if I see one more YTer with janky ass hurr trying to tell somebody what the HELL they should use.. I mean I can't. Cause some of these natural YTers some many are all up on..oh no. Some long scraggley ass hair or "good hair" that you can't even take care of well that you fakin the funk with..don't effin impress me.

So you know I'm impressed with Elle cause I don't ask people opinions about MY hair. I'm like Nino Brown when it comes my hair.. "I don't trust a mmmmmmmmmuthhhhf....." LOL!


NC owners.. yall help Elle BLOW UP too..shoot.
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
Totally.

I've been natural since, like, forever and I learned more from Elle about products and maintenance than from anyone else from NP.con (from 2002) my years of lurking on LHCF, longhaircommunity.com, blackhairmedia.com, NC.com - I could go on.

(Sounds like a Elle infomercial)
APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
My Fotki!
Below: Typical PS bun
Marah...if the oil + conditioner was working for you, I personally would NOT change it....i don't care how much folks was raving about products. I WISH that sort of routine would work for me...
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
Ditto! Though my hair does like leave-in and oils/butters for the most part. I joined that PJ thread and realized I really don't have an issue. I may experiment with one or two new products a season (especially big holiday sales), but I cant think of anything new that most of my existing products don't already do. Winter is my hardest months because of the low dew points and all...

I'm not having issues with SM products yet because spring hasn't showed up yet. Time will tell...
Originally Posted by greenandchic
Ohhh yeah that's right.. I forgot you and I have similiar hair properties!!! Well it feels like SUMMER here..will be officially soon! I see I have to just save my SM for the Fall. I'm glad Elle suggested me trying new oils and conditioners.. now I can still have my normal method but also feel like I'm trying new things too like the other ladies here.

Oh and I didn't even think my hair would like butters...cause I tried Shea butter a long time ago and my hair acted weird. Well I whipped some Shea Butter with Macadamian nut oil some months back...my hair LOVED it. So I'm going to try that again too!

You know I didn't think dew points were all that important for me..and I guess they aren't when I use my old method but I see if I use products like SM I'll need to pay attention to them.
Marah...if the oil + conditioner was working for you, I personally would NOT change it....i don't care how much folks was raving about products. I WISH that sort of routine would work for me...
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
Ditto! Though my hair does like leave-in and oils/butters for the most part. I joined that PJ thread and realized I really don't have an issue. I may experiment with one or two new products a season (especially big holiday sales), but I cant think of anything new that most of my existing products don't already do. Winter is my hardest months because of the low dew points and all...

I'm not having issues with SM products yet because spring hasn't showed up yet. Time will tell...
Originally Posted by greenandchic
Ohhh yeah that's right.. I forgot you and I have similiar hair properties!!! Well it feels like SUMMER here..will be officially soon! I see I have to just save my SM for the Fall. I'm glad Elle suggested me trying new oils and conditioners.. now I can still have my normal method but also feel like I'm trying new things too like the other ladies here.

Oh and I didn't even think my hair would like butters...cause I tried Shea butter a long time ago and my hair acted weird. Well I whipped some Shea Butter with Macadamian nut oil some months back...my hair LOVED it. So I'm going to try that again too!

You know I didn't think dew points were all that important for me..and I guess they aren't when I use my old method but I see if I use products like SM I'll need to pay attention to them.
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
My hair texture twin!

My hair does OK with shea butter but only blended with other oils - not so much solo. One balm/butter NEA turned me on to is from Zipporah Beauty. Her butters are thick, but not heavy and easily melt on skin into an oil. I love their Delight My Hair Butter and GF (glycerin free) Green Tea Hair & Body Butter.
APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
My Fotki!
Below: Typical PS bun
Lawd, lemme find out that Elle needs her own spot like curlynikki.
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
This is how I feel as well. I've seen a lot of "natural hair" blogs and watched countless YTer's discussing natural hair this and that.. and I have to say Elle's blog is stellar in my personal opinion. Not only because of the content but because of the CLEAR and CONCISE explanations she gives in language that is articulate but not so damn over the top it's like she's trying to be "MissNaturalHairScienceGuru" (I ain't gonna say no names..ROFL).

And not only that her hair looks fabulous so it's obviously she has a handle on how to care for her own hair properly... cause if I see one more YTer with janky ass hurr trying to tell somebody what the HELL they should use.. I mean I can't. Cause some of these natural YTers some many are all up on..oh no. Some long scraggley ass hair or "good hair" that you can't even take care of well that you fakin the funk with..don't effin impress me.

So you know I'm impressed with Elle cause I don't ask people opinions about MY hair. I'm like Nino Brown when it comes my hair.. "I don't trust a mmmmmmmmmuthhhhf....." LOL!


NC owners.. yall help Elle BLOW UP too..shoot.
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
Totally.

I've been natural since, like, forever and I learned more from Elle about products and maintenance than from anyone else from NP.con (from 2002) my years of lurking on LHCF, longhaircommunity.com, blackhairmedia.com, NC.com - I could go on.

(Sounds like a Elle infomercial)
Originally Posted by greenandchic
You can get all of Elle's tips in this book for just $19.95...........but if you call in the next 5 minutes..we'll throw in a shower comb AND a nail file...for free!!!




Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals, GVPCB
Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein!

^^^^ ROFL! It'd be a good book though... and a free shower comb and nail file.. can't beat it!
ROTF! You ladies kill me!
APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
My Fotki!
Below: Typical PS bun
^^^^ ROFL! It'd be a good book though... and a free shower comb and nail file.. can't beat it!
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
Lol! Gotta keep them nails tamed! can't be havin em rippin ya curls off while you do ya wash n go's! Lol!!



Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals, GVPCB
Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein!

**queue the Snuggie music** lol

Elle yo......we IS sendin you to Hollay WOOD! Mmkay!

::commercial break!::

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals, GVPCB
Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein!



Wow guys, thanks so much! And LOL at the nail file (I still want that 5lb tub of Blue Eco....). Marah, you have definitely had Izzy's back plenty of times, so I'm happy to help. Like I said in the other thread, the ladies of NC are super in the know about our hair, 'cause we don't play!!!

(NC couldn't make me like CN anyway, I cuss too much LOL)
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
hey Elle this has nothing to do about hair care.. but How did you come up with Izzy for your hair....I really like that name......
hey Elle this has nothing to do about hair care.. but How did you come up with Izzy for your hair....I really like that name......
Originally Posted by kdelish
Izzy is short for Isabella - I just love that name, it's glam and funky at the same time, like my hair. Cass over at Natural Selection nicknamed her.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by EllyEllyOxenFree; 06-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Elle and all the ladies who offered opinions and advice.. thank you SOOOOO much. I did take your advice. I clarified my hair with shampoo, did a quick moisturizing deep treat after, then my regular co-wash, used my castor and olive oil mix, rinsed with cold water, towel blotted, applied FOTEAVG to damp hair, let air dry. Hair turned back to greatness! So yeah..it had to be the Shea Moisture. And I probably really needed to clarify my hair badly...I guess my weekly shampoos just wasn't enough when using the SM daily. I needed to strip my hair completely.

I will be trying different silicone free conditioners and a few different oils because it's obvious with my hair I better just stick with my old method. So if you have any suggestions on oils, conditioners, butters feel free to let me know.. and yes I'm still stuck on Tresemme Naturals...I just went to the store on my way home from work and bought up every bottle they had at Walmart..

THANKS ELLE and Company!
Yay, high five!

I think I am going to do oil + AV gel when I go to MD too...it's really humid there and most stuff makes my hair crazy!
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

This is how I feel as well. I've seen a lot of "natural hair" blogs and watched countless YTer's discussing natural hair this and that.. and I have to say Elle's blog is stellar in my personal opinion. Not only because of the content but because of the CLEAR and CONCISE explanations she gives in language that is articulate but not so damn over the top it's like she's trying to be "MissNaturalHairScienceGuru" (I ain't gonna say no names..ROFL).

And not only that her hair looks fabulous so it's obviously she has a handle on how to care for her own hair properly... cause if I see one more YTer with janky ass hurr trying to tell somebody what the HELL they should use.. I mean I can't. Cause some of these natural YTers some many are all up on..oh no. Some long scraggley ass hair or "good hair" that you can't even take care of well that you fakin the funk with..don't effin impress me.

So you know I'm impressed with Elle cause I don't ask people opinions about MY hair. I'm like Nino Brown when it comes my hair.. "I don't trust a mmmmmmmmmuthhhhf....." LOL!


NC owners.. yall help Elle BLOW UP too..shoot.
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi
Totally.

I've been natural since, like, forever and I learned more from Elle about products and maintenance than from anyone else from NP.con (from 2002) my years of lurking on LHCF, longhaircommunity.com, blackhairmedia.com, NC.com - I could go on.

(Sounds like a Elle infomercial)
Originally Posted by greenandchic
You can get all of Elle's tips in this book for just $19.95...........but if you call in the next 5 minutes..we'll throw in a shower comb AND a nail file...for free!!!




Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by SmilingElephant
Oh god. The fanbase, the infomercials...Elle's on her way to the TOP. ROFL.

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
Oh, and I don't know much about dew points, but I did do a lovely search to find it here in Philadelphia and it's 41. Is that also too high for glycerin?

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
It'll never happen @itsKelCeeEee, I'm too much of a jerk and don't hand hold enough.

41 is a great dew. I'm jelly.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com