Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree2Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
 
MzKye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
Default

That was my first time looking out of boredom... Idk how that would help anything...they just made ppl thoroughly confused with that...
__________________
"You never find yourself until you face the truth."-- Pearl Bailey

MzKye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #22
 
NoodleNaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNaps View Post
Yeah I've been noticing the description '4c' more and more, recently. I always thought (though pretty useless and a really narrow way of classifying what is essentially millions of unique heads of curls, kinks, coils, etc) 4a meant visibly clumping curls and coils all the way down to coffee stirrer sized, and 4b was non-clumping kinks, essentially.

I have a mixture off all sorts- pen sized, pen-spring, coffee stirrer, and loads of the non-clumping stuff, so I just describe myself as in the 4's (though if people want a more accurate description, leaning more towards 4b). I just find it all very subjective and confusing, and this "4c" has me even more confused than ever (as apparently is whoever coined the terms 'kinky crimpy' and 'kinky ziggly')
that's what i'm confused about also... it took me a while to figure out the difference between 4a and 4b cuz that "Z" shaped strands thing threw me off...and now we have a 4c.... the ziggly curls...yay this kinda reminds me of when they created that new zodiac sign.. ophiuchus... or when they discovered pluto wasn't a planet...it's not that much of a biggie tho...
Lol!
__________________
Products in current rotation:

Terressentials Pure Earth Mud Wash; Elucence MBC (now really just for cowashing, leg shaving or emergencies); Curl Junkie: Repair Me, Deep Fix, Curl Rehab; AOHSR (retiring); Oyin Handmade: Honey Hemp, Hair Dew, J&B; Qhemet Biologics: BRBC (retiring- prefer Oyin HD), AOHC, OHHB; Jojoba Oil for scalp; Castor Oil or Shea butter to seal; Henna & Ayurvedic pastes when I can be bothered.

Still searching for the perfect stylers, but loving CJ CIAB over everything so far
NoodleNaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
 
ravenm721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKye View Post
I'm searching as of this second...and i am also looking for "Z" shaped hair, but I can't seem to find that either...my hair isn't "Z" shaped, yet it's not as defined as 4a hair would be... and I've noticed that NC identified 4b as "kinky crimpy" and 4c as "kinky ziggly" now I'm even more confused... I'm just gonna stick to type 4 in general... i love my curls either way it goes
I've never seen a z-stand in my life either. Whatever that means, there are none in my hair...
__________________
Hair Type: 4D/5A living in sub-tropical humidity hell
•BC'ed after 22 months of transitioning (May 2012)
•Check out my YT playlist for Transitioning Styles :

ravenm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #24
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenm721 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKye View Post
I'm searching as of this second...and i am also looking for "Z" shaped hair, but I can't seem to find that either...my hair isn't "Z" shaped, yet it's not as defined as 4a hair would be... and I've noticed that NC identified 4b as "kinky crimpy" and 4c as "kinky ziggly" now I'm even more confused... I'm just gonna stick to type 4 in general... i love my curls either way it goes
I've never seen a z-stand in my life either. Whatever that means, there are none in my hair...
The majority of my hair are z-shaped. Like my hair looks like i used a crimper on it. My mainly 4b hair has almost no coils or curls. There are some looser portions that form Afro-waves.
And as far as ziggly is concerned... I gotta look that word up...
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #25
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,077
Default

Could you post a picture?

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #26
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default some z'

[IMG][/IMG][IMG]

Attached Thumbnails
Does 4c really exist?? Or 4z-h1.jpg   Does 4c really exist?? Or 4z-h3.jpg   Does 4c really exist?? Or 4z-h4.jpg   Does 4c really exist?? Or 4z-h5.jpg  
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #27
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default Mi pics

So I posted 3 images.
Pic 1- hair with KCKT and Uncle Funky's Daughter (UFD) Curly Magic (a soft hold natural gel... awesome stuff)
Pic 2- damp hair with KCKT and UFD Curly magic
Pic 3- wet, out the shower hair with no product (my hair is very course so it never gets drenched)

I have some 4a at the nape, so you may see some coils/curls at the bottom. But aside from that the rest of my hair doesn't coil up (no amount of gel or manipulation will make it do so), I have tight z's on the sides and above the nape, and loose z-pattern at the front, and extremely loose z-pattern (or as I like to call it an afro-wavy texture at the crown).

Hope that helps. I would love to find some hair twins/sisters/cuzzo's... so holla at me...
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #28
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malx View Post
So I posted 3 images.
Pic 1- hair with KCKT and Uncle Funky's Daughter (UFD) Curly Magic (a soft hold natural gel... awesome stuff)
Pic 2- damp hair with KCKT and UFD Curly magic
Pic 3- wet, out the shower hair with no product (my hair is very course so it never gets drenched)

I have some 4a at the nape, so you may see some coils/curls at the bottom. But aside from that the rest of my hair doesn't coil up (no amount of gel or manipulation will make it do so), I have tight z's on the sides and above the nape, and loose z-pattern at the front, and extremely loose z-pattern (or as I like to call it an afro-wavy texture at the crown).

Hope that helps. I would love to find some hair twins/sisters/cuzzo's... so holla at me...
Thanks for posting the pics

You have beautiful hair!
AlikaIssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #29
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default

@alikalsaa thank u very much, I think that's the first time some1 called my hair beautiful...
I wish I could have u call my mom & tell her that... Lol (she's a hater)
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #30
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malx View Post
@alikalsaa thank u very much, I think that's the first time some1 called my hair beautiful...
I wish I could have u call my mom & tell her that... Lol (she's a hater)
Other people probably notice how beautiful your hair is too but some people are not comfortable complimenting others.
AlikaIssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:10 AM   #31
 
ttlolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 938
Default

I like your hair too
ttlolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
 
MzKye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
Default

I think her hair is cute too..Honestly, I wouldn't identify those as pattern Z curls... They look like really loose spirals to me. I know when my hair is wet it isn't as defined and the curl pattern isn't as loose.. and i believe that I'm 4b... I don't get why your mom doesn't like your hair... it's beautiful.
__________________
"You never find yourself until you face the truth."-- Pearl Bailey

MzKye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #33
 
coilynapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,213
Default

Malx, do you have relaxed ends still?

Anyway, I don't see any "z-shapped" hair in your pictures. When I look at your ends, I see s curls (closer to waves than curls). It looks like your roots are tighter though, but I can't make them out exactly. Any chance you can post a pic of you pulling up some part of you hair so that we can see the root + strand area?

I would not call your hair 4b at all.
Jo Somebody likes this.
coilynapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
 
NoodleNaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 463
Default

Hey Malx,

I think your hair is beautiful as well! I don't understand why your mum doesn't like it. However I also wouldn't call your hair 4b, and the strands don't look z-shaped to me either. I agree with whoever it was that said it looks like loose waves
__________________
Products in current rotation:

Terressentials Pure Earth Mud Wash; Elucence MBC (now really just for cowashing, leg shaving or emergencies); Curl Junkie: Repair Me, Deep Fix, Curl Rehab; AOHSR (retiring); Oyin Handmade: Honey Hemp, Hair Dew, J&B; Qhemet Biologics: BRBC (retiring- prefer Oyin HD), AOHC, OHHB; Jojoba Oil for scalp; Castor Oil or Shea butter to seal; Henna & Ayurvedic pastes when I can be bothered.

Still searching for the perfect stylers, but loving CJ CIAB over everything so far
NoodleNaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #35
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Thank you ladies, I appreciate the compliments.

1st my mom just always disliked my natural hair.. Although, most say it doesn't feel like it, it is very hard (slightly softer than Brillo), doesn't bother me much tho, it's kinda nice to have such course hair.

2nd the crown of my hair is quite loose. I try not to comb it, but I'll usually comb the ends to prevent some tangling which always straightens it out (also I use alot more conditioner on the ends which all causes to straighten). No relaxer, no heat. The middle and front are indeed quite loose, but the rest is extremely tight.

3rd I will post close up pics of the strands that better demonstrate the z's, as soon as I take these chunky twists out, and wash my hair. I'll even try to find a 4a person with curls/coils
To compare to.
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #36
 
anaturalme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 82
Default

Mwedzi on lhcf has the perfect pic of her z formed pattern. Even with length you can see the z pattern she's the only one I can clearly see the pattern. I can't remember the thread and I haven't paid my membership but maybe someone else remembers.
anaturalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #37
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default here are the z's!

Hello ladies, as promised, here is a pic of my z-pattern.
There is no coil/curl, just a flat ZzzZ. My hair has leave in conditioner in it (I tried to take a pic without any LI but, it was too fuzzy. I also picked a looser strand so that its easier to visualize.
Attached Thumbnails
Does 4c really exist?? Or 4z-hairz1.jpg  
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #38
 
ttlolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 938
Default

^^^
So you checked the pictures of people with 4b strands and are convinced they are the same as the ones in this picture ???

Last edited by ttlolla; 07-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.
ttlolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #39
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malx View Post
The majority of my hair are z-shaped. Like my hair looks like i used a crimper on it. My mainly 4b hair has almost no coils or curls. There are some looser portions that form Afro-waves.
And as far as ziggly is concerned... I gotta look that word up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malx View Post
Hello ladies, as promised, here is a pic of my z-pattern.
There is no coil/curl, just a flat ZzzZ. My hair has leave in conditioner in it (I tried to take a pic without any LI but, it was too fuzzy. I also picked a looser strand so that its easier to visualize.
I used to think z shaped strands didn't exist but you have proved me wrong!

I agree, the strand in the picture does look like an 'afro wave'.
AlikaIssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #40
 
Malx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Lol, there's actually a weave that looks exactly like my hair (I had to check it out after 3 ppl mentioned it to me).

I agree, there aren't many ppl with defined (or sort of), z-patterned hair, with virtually no coils. I've been searching...
Malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4c hair, 4z hair, hair type
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com