Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Old 08-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #1

Default PRoduct Review: Terressentials Organic Pure Earth Hair Wash

OMFG this stuff is amazing. It is effing amazing. I wish I bought the big bottles because this stuff right here...this stuff right >here< y'all is the shiz-nit.

I got the small sizes because I was trying to be sensible because I didn't wanna have a big a$$ bottle if I didn't like it. Plus, I've curbed my PJ ways so I wasn't gunning for the large sizes of an item I've never tried.

I got the peppermint and the lemon. I pre poo'd with honey and olive oil and I just finished the 2oz sample I had of the peppermint and I'm telling you when I was applying the mud wash to my hair and when I was rinsing the hair wash out of my hair, my hair felt like straight up velvet. Soft, buttery, silkiness like OMG That is damn near IMPOSSIBLE after a shampoo for my hair. I almost didn't use conditioner but I still did and applying the conditioner my hair feels amazing. I didn't have to use as much conditioner since my hair wasn't stripped

AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT, my scalp feels good too.

After finding the plant poo and it helping my scalp, I figured that I could compromise a bit because it does kind of strip my hair (even when I pre poo ). I didn't think I could find a shampoo that could make my scalp feel clean and like it's breathing AND have soft hair. Now I may not have to sacrafice that.

Just wanted to share.lol

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #2

Naturalfinally's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

CocoT, I so totally agree with you on this mud wash! I purchased the large sultry spice and a sample lavender. I didn't even pre poo. I just slapped it on and OMG.! My hair felt amazing and it had major hang. I am purchasing 2 large lavender. I must!!!!!!!
BC'ed - Jan 09

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.***
Naturalfinally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Naturalfinally View Post
How did you like the sultry spice?

I think I'm gonna get a sample of the other ones except for the lemon, since I already have it, but right now I'm gonna need that peppermint in the largest size. My hair feels amazing. I tried the lemon on the front portion of my hair yesterday and it was ok. My scalp felt clean but I like tingly feelings.lol

Old 08-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #4

Join Date: Oct 2009

Oh also, I forgot to say that my hair looks extra black. My hair looks so much darker than usual. Maybe that's due to my hair not being stripped and my hair being extra clean and moisturized. Yet another plus

Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #5

Join Date: Jun 2009

Soooo glad you love it too Coco!!! The sultry and lemon are my favorites.

Oh and I have noticed that my hair is super duper shiny....even when it's dry like the sahara!

Holy Grails
*Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar

Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #6

moosegrl_86's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010

I have a bottle of the lavender wash sitting here right now, unused. You guys have me dying to try it now. I'll try it Sunday and let you know how it goes.
Whoop whoop!

Naturalfinally's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
Originally Posted by Naturalfinally View Post
How did you like the sultry spice?

I like it but I like the smell of the lavender better. There is no tingle, just soft as butter hair!
BC'ed - Jan 09

Naturalfinally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #8

quietstorm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

I have always wanted to try this....

*goes on the site to look*
3c/4a mix with an annoying loose wavy area in crown.

Thick Strands, Medium Density, Normal Porosity

BC in Jan. 2009 after transitioning for about 2 yrs

Current Length: APL

Product Junkie
. I have tried it all... well almost.

I
♥ Ayurveda!
quietstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #9

Join Date: Apr 2006

I was researching this after naptural85 recommended it and I came across another youtuber called swimfe who claims that this is essentially betonite clay + aloe vera, etc. And she demos a recipe that she conjured up as a substitute. I'm going to try it before I order the terressentials.

Anybody see this video?

&#x202a;Mixing Bentonite Clay for Hair&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube
auntcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #10

Join Date: Sep 2009

yup which is why i didnt buy it, ive been using bentonite clay for 3 years and my hair always feeling amazing after

not knocking teressentials at all but i buy my clay in bulk and my hair is straight up the bomb.com

i wanted to buy a bottle to compare but the shipping turned me off as usual
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #11

Smile

I wanted to try this but I wasn't sure if it would spread in my hair easily. Now I'm curious about it again. Does anyone think this could be used as like a weekly deep treatment under a plastic cap to clarify your hair? Or would it be better as a regular shampoo.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #12

Originally Posted by auntcurly View Post

Anybody see this video?

&#x202a;Mixing Bentonite Clay for Hair&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube
I've made my own bentonite mixes and they never made my hair feel like this. I'm good at making butters and stuff, but for some reason every time I try to make something with clay it comes out gummy and gross. Quite frankly, I'm tired of trying with the clay. I'd rather just buy it made. I tried lola's anita grant knock off recipe and I just couldn't get it. It turned out into a grainy, gummy slop. I like bentonite clay with Ayurvedic herbs, mainly hibiscus but I don't do them often at all. In fact, I haven't done them in a long time. No mixture I've made has ever made my hair feel like this and I don't think I'm skilled enough to make an effective one myself so...terressentials it is!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #13

Originally Posted by coco_bunny View Post
It spreads really well and it is easy to work into the hair.

I've only used it twice so maybe the more experienced users can chime in about using it as a deep treatment.

From what I can tell though, it seems like I could safely use this 2-3 times a week and not worry about my hair drying out. My hair feels so clean and like I said earlier it looks darker and feels so moisturized. I practically have nothing in my hair right now and it is still so soft. I put a dab of komaza califia cream just to kind of seal (I've never successfully lasted without much product in my hair but so far so good) and my hair is still velvety soft.

Even my dry patches on my sides are still soft. It feels like I used my AOHC. Omg imagine actually using the AOHC after washing with the terressentials. Talk about hairgasm!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #14

Originally Posted by coco_bunny View Post
Either way works great-don't really need a cap though. I've used it everyday for a week without any problems, steamed with it, left it on for 7hrs and rinsed, did a quick apply in the shower all with great results.

Works the best for me if I use an applicator bottle.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #15

Originally Posted by HennaRo View Post
Originally Posted by coco_bunny View Post

Works the best for me if I use an applicator bottle.
Okay so I assume if you have to use it in applicator bottle it's a little runny...That's good I was thinking it would be like mud, and I was worried I would have to use a whole bottle just to get it to spread...My hair is like a Shamwow FOR REAL lol .... So I guess this will get put on my never ending list of this I HAVE to try... thanks

Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #16

Join Date: Jun 2009

You dont have to use a bottle, nap85 just uses it straight out the bottle.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #17

Originally Posted by HennaRo View Post
You dont have to use a bottle, nap85 just uses it straight out the bottle.
Oh okay..I thought it was because it was a little messy that it was easier to use in an applicator bottle

Old 08-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #18

afrosheenqueen's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2000

Thanks for your review CocoT. I had just bought the 16oz bottle yesterday in Lavender. I hope I like it. I saw different Youtubers getting different results with using the different "flavors" and now I'm not sure if I should've got the Lemon also.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Last edited by afrosheenqueen; 08-06-2011 at 01:24 AM.
afrosheenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #19

happyface's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by afrosheenqueen View Post
I got the lavendar and it works great on my hair. The smell is amazing.
“Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
happyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #20

Join Date: Jan 2011

I'm curious, and this is slightly off topic...
This mud wash shouldn't be used on color treated hair, since after the detox period it'll essentially accentuate the damage that the dye inflicted.

Some of you have stated that the wash is essentially bentonite clay...
I was planning on using bentonite clay in the near future. Should I expect it to behave like the mud wash would? What are the results like on color treated hair?
Trudii is offline   Reply With Quote