Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree12Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default Green house effect?

Has anyone tried this and had success or seen significant growth? Baggying doesn't work for me, but I was thinking of giving this a try (although the two methods are similar). Green house effect growth challenge anyone?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

I am greenhousing my hair as I type this actually. I haven't been doing it long enough to notice length impact, ( I had been doing off and on for about 2 weeks, then stopped, and now started again). I did notice my hair is growing longer, but I think its too soon to credit it to the GHE. I do like how it keeps my hair moisturized when I do it overnight. The next morning my hair is good enough to walk out the door (TWA ). But I am up for the challenge.
__________________
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
 
Naturalfinally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBachemin View Post
Has anyone tried this and had success or seen significant growth? Baggying doesn't work for me, but I was thinking of giving this a try (although the two methods are similar). Green house effect growth challenge anyone?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
What is the green house effect for hair? Off to look it up.
__________________
BC'ed - Jan 09
Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
Porosity: Low
Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.***
Naturalfinally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalfinally View Post
What is the green house effect for hair? Off to look it up.
It's said to help your scalp produce more natural oils and thus make your hair grow faster. You apply oil to damp (not wet) hair, braid or twist, then put on a shower cap and cover that with a scarf and a bonnet or winter cap. Go to bed and take it down in the morning. The shower cap and 2 covers produces a "steam" effect that helps stimulate oil production. You're supposed to do it before you go to bed because that's your hair's best time to grow.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCityKurl View Post
I am greenhousing my hair as I type this actually. I haven't been doing it long enough to notice length impact, ( I had been doing off and on for about 2 weeks, then stopped, and now started again). I did notice my hair is growing longer, but I think its too soon to credit it to the GHE. I do like how it keeps my hair moisturized when I do it overnight. The next morning my hair is good enough to walk out the door (TWA ). But I am up for the challenge.
Ok, then I'm going to start tomorrow! I'll wash and everything tomorrow and greenhouse tomorrow night. I'll try to do it at least 5 nights a week. I'll document growth for the next 3 months and see how it goes. I'm excited to try something to give my hair a jumpstart!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
 
danyel02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 119
Default

Baggying never really worked for me either because my hair really does not like being left wet all the time. I have read about the GHE and would be will to try it on dry hair!
__________________
Type: 3c/4a Fine Texture
CG since 2008 but natural hair all my life
Holy Grail
C/O- SM, V05, MHC
R/O- Skin Biology, Mop Top & EO Coconut
Rinses: ACV
Leave in - Bask Hair Milk, Camille Rose
D/T- Spiral Solutions
Sylers/Butters- Darcy's Vanilla Butter, Bask Condensed Custard, QAOHC
Oils - Grapeseed and Coconut, Castor
danyel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
 
Jo Somebody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,576
Default

Shaaaame! I thought it was just another name for baggying! I might try this a few times a week with my bringraj oil. Not because I'm craving growth that much, but I just haven't figured out a role for this oil yet and need to use it!
NYCityKurl likes this.
__________________
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Jo Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
 
DBOO75115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Default

I have tried GHE, whole head baggie, and pony Baggie. The GHE and whole head Baggie makes my scalp feel grimy even when if it's not wet. Baggie pony is my favorite. If my hair feels dry I can pony Baggie it at night and bun during the day and it keeps my dry ends in check without the grimy scalp.
DBOO75115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBachemin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCityKurl View Post
I am greenhousing my hair as I type this actually. I haven't been doing it long enough to notice length impact, ( I had been doing off and on for about 2 weeks, then stopped, and now started again). I did notice my hair is growing longer, but I think its too soon to credit it to the GHE. I do like how it keeps my hair moisturized when I do it overnight. The next morning my hair is good enough to walk out the door (TWA ). But I am up for the challenge.
Ok, then I'm going to start tomorrow! I'll wash and everything tomorrow and greenhouse tomorrow night. I'll try to do it at least 5 nights a week. I'll document growth for the next 3 months and see how it goes. I'm excited to try something to give my hair a jumpstart!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
I'm in. I'm going to try to get some pictures up later to show my start off length. I should start a hair blog to document my journey... I keep saying I will but never do...
__________________
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Green house effect?-snapshot_20111106_15.jpg

I hope the picture attached right....it took some effort to take it with my webcam. I need to find my darn digi cam!! But if they didn't attach, for the most part, I am working with a TWA.

well, while I'm at it, I guess I'll update my avatar. whoo hoo
Attached Thumbnails
Green house effect?-snapshot_20111106_4.jpg   Green house effect?-snapshot_20111106_3.jpg   Green house effect?-snapshot_20111106_12.jpg   Green house effect?-snapshot_20111106_1.jpg  
__________________

Last edited by BellaAmore; 12-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default

I tried to take some pics too, but only ended up with one that's usable.

Green house effect?-uploadfromtaptalk1320609083091.jpg

So this is my starting point. I washed, deep conditioned, detangled, oiled (castor oil), and braided (about 12 total). Before I go to bed I'll put on my shower cap, scarf, and bonnet. Here goes!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
NYCityKurl likes this.
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBachemin View Post
I tried to take some pics too, but only ended up with one that's usable.

Attachment 16697

So this is my starting point. I washed, deep conditioned, detangled, oiled (castor oil), and braided (about 12 total). Before I go to bed I'll put on my shower cap, scarf, and bonnet. Here goes!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
let the fun begin!
__________________
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
 
Jo Somebody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCityKurl View Post
Attachment 16689

Attachment 16690

Attachment 16692

Attachment 16695

Attachment 16696

I hope these pictures attached right....it took some effort to take them with my webcam. I need to find my darn digi cam!! But if they didn't attach, for the most part, I am working with a TWA.

well, while I'm at it, I guess I'll update my avatar. whoo hoo
I love your twa and your bed!
__________________
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Jo Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #14
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCityKurl View Post
Attachment 16689

Attachment 16690

Attachment 16692

Attachment 16695

Attachment 16696

I hope these pictures attached right....it took some effort to take them with my webcam. I need to find my darn digi cam!! But if they didn't attach, for the most part, I am working with a TWA.

well, while I'm at it, I guess I'll update my avatar. whoo hoo
I love your twa and your bed!
awww thanks Jo. I got the bed set from burlington coat factory, it was pretty reasonably priced too.
Jo Somebody likes this.
__________________
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

I'm trying the GHE this month (today) for the first time. I am hoping for growth n moisture over the winter months.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App
NYCityKurl likes this.
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #16
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default

Ok, so last night I moisturized with grapeseed oil. I did about 12 two strand twists, put on my shower cap, scarf, and bonnet then went to bed. My hair is super soft this morning and is stretched, although it doesn't have very much definition. I haven't used any styling products though because I don't think I should since I'm trying this method. Maybe the more I twist or braid my hair, the more it'll take the shape I want.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBachemin View Post
Ok, so last night I moisturized with grapeseed oil. I did about 12 two strand twists, put on my shower cap, scarf, and bonnet then went to bed. My hair is super soft this morning and is stretched, although it doesn't have very much definition. I haven't used any styling products though because I don't think I should since I'm trying this method. Maybe the more I twist or braid my hair, the more it'll take the shape I want.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
Last night was the first night I tried GHE with a winter cap over my bonnet. I must say, if nothing else. I really love how moisturized my hair is in the morning. The only downfall to the winter hat over the bonnet was it did smoosh the shape of my hair a bit, so I think I will go back to my trusty two bonnets. . And this saves me some time in the morning, I start work tomorrow, so no need to fiddle in my hair too much. Did you take down your twists while they were damp or were they fully dry?
__________________

Last edited by NYCityKurl; 11-08-2011 at 07:49 AM.
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
 
BellaAmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna40 View Post
I'm trying the GHE this month (today) for the first time. I am hoping for growth n moisture over the winter months.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App

I can say its definately is great for moisture. I would like to see a lil more growth by New Years. I was going to go for a protective braided style for the winter, but I'll ride it out with my natural hair.
__________________
BellaAmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCityKurl View Post
Last night was the first night I tried GHE with a winter cap over my bonnet. I must say, if nothing else. I really love how moisturized my hair is in the morning. The only downfall to the winter hat over the bonnet was it did smoosh the shape of my hair a bit, so I think I will go back to my trusty two bonnets. . And this saves me some time in the morning, I start work tomorrow, so no need to fiddle in my hair too much. Did you take down your twists while they were damp or were they fully dry?
I took my twists down while they were damp because I only had about 25 minutes before I left for work, but it dried pretty quickly once it was loose. It did get a little frizzy, but I don't mind that. I put it in a ponytail on top of my had and kept it moving. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
NYCityKurl likes this.
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
 
MrsBachemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCityKurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna40 View Post
I'm trying the GHE this month (today) for the first time. I am hoping for growth n moisture over the winter months.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App

I can say its definately is great for moisture. I would like to see a lil more growth by New Years. I was going to go for a protective braided style for the winter, but I'll ride it out with my natural hair.
You're right, the moisture level is amazing! I just wonder where the water droplets that I'm finding on the inside of my
shower cap is coming from???? I didn't add water before the oil last night. Is it sweat? Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com