Hot Girls with natural Hair

Like Tree514Likes

So we were supposed to play 4a playa pimp for you, like Marah said??? Yea sorry, I'll give you a "girl bye" on that one. You can do that on your own time when you aren't at your

J

O

B

Because I don't see how that would even help a woman transitioning....her hair isn't going to change her FACE if she isn't happy with it. If you had said to post pics of pretty natural hair, no one (and I do mean no one) would have given you a side eye.


Um no sweetie, can you say
J

O

B

I work all day, I don't have the luxury of watching a thread tack on 3 pages in less than 24 hours. But if you can more power to you.

Jeez, sorry, I was sure maybe a couple people wouldn't like my request, but I didn't think they'd be the only ones to answer. I actually thought it would be kind of fun. Whatever. Sorry.

My man isn't a bad guy, and like I said, he's actually starting to like natural hair. Most of the girls he points out on the street, complimenting their hair look to be 4a-ish. It's just with the lack of curly hair in el salvador, I had the idea of exposing him something he really hasn't seen much of. And so far he really seems to like it. Don't read too much into "ew", that was his first, shocked, reaction after a lifetime of only every seeing hair that's 2b or lower. He ginuinly believed that my relaxed hair was my natural texture. When I explained to him what a relaxer was, he was horrified. He doesn't want me to relax again, or (if we get that far) relax our children. That's all this request was was a request for images to help show him some alternatives to the straight hair he's use to, I meant no harm, and really I'm not sure what the offensive thing was.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
I am sure your guy is a great guy, but what confused me a bit was the "ew". I know everyone is different and processes things differently, but my first reaction to learning about new things is not "ew". If I know nothing about it, what do I know to be disgusted about? Do you see how it could be offensive? The "ew" and your justification of it seems to imply that our natural hair is inherently unpleasant so one needs to get used to it or be trained to view it positively.

You seem like a smart woman so I am going to assume it probably did not play out the way it read to me.
Originally Posted by Ogo'm

Okay that makes sense. I admit (as the one actually there) I was a little put off by the word ew coming out of his mouth. But the look on his face was more shocked than disgusted so I let it go. And like I said I took it as a challenge. I figured he's never seen pretty curly hair, probably doesn't think those two words belong together, I'ma prove to him he's wrong. Thank you for the conpliment, I am actually pretty smart (I've been told) in spite of the brain fart this thread seems to have been.

Curlyelectra, I'm sorry you were so offended. By what I'm not sure, I'm not sure. It's not like I asked ya'll to hunt down a picture of the one afro-wearing black girl in hustler magazine. But you are entitled to your feelings, and you've been respectful, so I apologize for any offense I caused you. It truly was not my intention, and I didn't think it would come off I was asking anyone to be my "playa pimp."
^^I'm fine...thanks for the apology though. My previous response was more in response to you acting as if you had no clue why people would be offended and/or taken aback by such a request. Like, really? I initially was concerned for you in my response to the OP, but the way you...lashed out rubbed me the wrong way.
^^I'm fine...thanks for the apology though. My previous response was more in response to you acting as if you had no clue why people would be offended and/or taken aback by such a request. Like, really? I initially was concerned for you in my response to the OP, but the way you...lashed out rubbed me the wrong way.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
I lashed out because I really didn't know the level of offense it would cause going in, and someone called me a troll. She's the one I lashed out at. I really do have strong feelings about that label, and I felt it was uncalled for. I just have to remember in the future how sensitive those on this board can be.
^^I'm fine...thanks for the apology though. My previous response was more in response to you acting as if you had no clue why people would be offended and/or taken aback by such a request. Like, really? I initially was concerned for you in my response to the OP, but the way you...lashed out rubbed me the wrong way.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
I lashed out because I really didn't know the level of offense it would cause going in, and someone called me a troll. She's the one I lashed out at. I really do have strong feelings about that label, and I felt it was uncalled for. I just have to remember in the future how sensitive those on this board can be.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
Okay. Well...let me try to explain it to you - and no, I don't think people are being sensitive, and I think you're lowkey throwing shade by saying that, but I'll let that go.

This is a hair board, about hair. We like natural hair. We don't give two sh*ts what catsuit a chick has on, how pouty her lips are, or how tight her dress is. The point of this site is to make women, attractive or not (by society's standards) feel comfortable wearing her natural hair and embracing her natural texture. Yes, we all love to look at pretty things, but to suggest that something that was not "hot" was not...good enough for your request, or your boyfriend in order to understand your HAIR, will rub people the wrong way.

The reason you were called a troll is because you came like almost 24 hours later after starting a thread that makes the blazes ignite. I did not think you were a troll, but this is classic troll behavior, so don't be surprised. I've been called a troll...whatever, people figure out you're not a troll and move on. The funniest part of your whole rant is that Naturalista is a doctor, so for you to try to go in on her job is silly. As you can see, she did not attack your personal livelihood, so now who is uncalled for?

Anyway, good luck with your boyfriend and your transition.
Well sorry, that close to bedtime my brain isn't working properly, I suppose 'pretty' woould have worked, joe somebody. But what is so offensive about 'hot'? Explain this to me.

Also, he's a dude! He's very visually, and 90% of the time the hair topic is boring to him. He's more likely to pay attention if he finds the women in the pictures attractive. So that's what I asked for, pictures of attractive women with type 4 hair.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
When did I say 'hot' was offensive? They don't even have to be pretty, it's the hair you want him to understand, right? Their faces/bodies have nothing to do with it. If the hair topic is boring, maybe you should leave the guy be. He seems to have gotten over the initial confusion/shock/possible disgust. There's probably no need to bombard the poor dude with pictures of natural hair (I assume you wanted to find a large collection otherwise you could have easily found 5 or so pics off Google). If he's bored enough by the issue that some gorgeous natural hair has to be attached to a pretty face or hot body to interest him, then it is likely that he is the type of guy who will only notice you've cut your hair after a month. In which case, you don't need to worry!
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
^^I'm fine...thanks for the apology though. My previous response was more in response to you acting as if you had no clue why people would be offended and/or taken aback by such a request. Like, really? I initially was concerned for you in my response to the OP, but the way you...lashed out rubbed me the wrong way.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
I lashed out because I really didn't know the level of offense it would cause going in, and someone called me a troll. She's the one I lashed out at. I really do have strong feelings about that label, and I felt it was uncalled for. I just have to remember in the future how sensitive those on this board can be.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
Okay. Well...let me try to explain it to you - and no, I don't think people are being sensitive, and I think you're lowkey throwing shade by saying that, but I'll let that go.

This is a hair board, about hair. We like natural hair. We don't give two sh*ts what catsuit a chick has on, how pouty her lips are, or how tight her dress is. The point of this site is to make women, attractive or not (by society's standards) feel comfortable wearing her natural hair and embracing her natural texture. Yes, we all love to look at pretty things, but to suggest that something that was not "hot" was not...good enough for your request, or your boyfriend in order to understand your HAIR, will rub people the wrong way.

The reason you were called a troll is because you came like almost 24 hours later after starting a thread that makes the blazes ignite. I did not think you were a troll, but this is classic troll behavior, so don't be surprised. I've been called a troll...whatever, people figure out you're not a troll and move on. The funniest part of your whole rant is that Naturalista is a doctor, so for you to try to go in on her job is silly. As you can see, she did not attack your personal livelihood, so now who is uncalled for?

Anyway, good luck with your boyfriend and your transition.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
Sorry. I brought up the job to explain why I was away so long. Post, sleep, get ready, commute, work, commute. I'm sorry but maybe trolling behavior is sometimes nothing of the kind. I mean to expect me to respond right away is kind of to expect me to sit at the computer watching this thread all day.

And the "sensitive" thing means on this board I have to be more careful because people seem to get up in arms more quickly.
are you sure the members got sensitive or was it you who got sensitive?
BellaAmore likes this.
Well sorry, that close to bedtime my brain isn't working properly, I suppose 'pretty' woould have worked, joe somebody. But what is so offensive about 'hot'? Explain this to me.

Also, he's a dude! He's very visually, and 90% of the time the hair topic is boring to him. He's more likely to pay attention if he finds the women in the pictures attractive. So that's what I asked for, pictures of attractive women with type 4 hair.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
When did I say 'hot' was offensive? They don't even have to be pretty, it's the hair you want him to understand, right? Their faces/bodies have nothing to do with it. If the hair topic is boring, maybe you should leave the guy be. He seems to have gotten over the initial confusion/shock/possible disgust. There's probably no need to bombard the poor dude with pictures of natural hair (I assume you wanted to find a large collection otherwise you could have easily found 5 or so pics off Google). If he's bored enough by the issue that some gorgeous natural hair has to be attached to a pretty face or hot body to interest him, then it is likely that he is the type of guy who will only notice you've cut your hair after a month. In which case, you don't need to worry!
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody
I asked for attractive women, because something I've noticed is (with the guys I know, most of my friends are dudes) usually guys like the whole package, not just one feature. So I don't think it would have been as affective if it was cute hair on a noncute face. I was trying to show him the entire package could be bangin, and the awesomeness was enhanched by the fro ontop of the girl's head.
moosegrl_86 likes this.

I lashed out because I really didn't know the level of offense it would cause going in, and someone called me a troll. She's the one I lashed out at. I really do have strong feelings about that label, and I felt it was uncalled for. I just have to remember in the future how sensitive those on this board can be.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
Okay. Well...let me try to explain it to you - and no, I don't think people are being sensitive, and I think you're lowkey throwing shade by saying that, but I'll let that go.

This is a hair board, about hair. We like natural hair. We don't give two sh*ts what catsuit a chick has on, how pouty her lips are, or how tight her dress is. The point of this site is to make women, attractive or not (by society's standards) feel comfortable wearing her natural hair and embracing her natural texture. Yes, we all love to look at pretty things, but to suggest that something that was not "hot" was not...good enough for your request, or your boyfriend in order to understand your HAIR, will rub people the wrong way.

The reason you were called a troll is because you came like almost 24 hours later after starting a thread that makes the blazes ignite. I did not think you were a troll, but this is classic troll behavior, so don't be surprised. I've been called a troll...whatever, people figure out you're not a troll and move on. The funniest part of your whole rant is that Naturalista is a doctor, so for you to try to go in on her job is silly. As you can see, she did not attack your personal livelihood, so now who is uncalled for?

Anyway, good luck with your boyfriend and your transition.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
Sorry. I brought up the job to explain why I was away so long. Post, sleep, get ready, commute, work, commute. I'm sorry but maybe trolling behavior is sometimes nothing of the kind. I mean to expect me to respond right away is kind of to expect me to sit at the computer watching this thread all day.

And the "sensitive" thing means on this board I have to be more careful because people seem to get up in arms more quickly.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
smh
I don't think she's saying he thinks it's unattractive as much as he's never been exposed to it. She just wants to add hot natural hair images to his world.
After I gained weight - I bought artwork that showed women in their curvy wonderfulness. Just highlighting my own natural attributes.
Originally Posted by thatwhimsygirl

THIS!!!! Thank you, thatwhimsygirl. 3 posts back to back after just getting home from that JOB That I have. Is that enough to not be considered a troll in your humble estimation, naturalista?
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
haven't read the rest of the thread yet.... but you realize that there's an app for curltalk, right? ppl can check the forums from work. ppl also have desk jobs where they can check the forums at work. so all this jobs!!!!!! foolishness is quite unnecessary.... especially since youre primarily responding to a doctor

if your boyfriend is already starting to like natural hair, why does he need to see pics of "hot" natural women? were the girls he was pointing out on the street not up to your standards?
I don't think she's saying he thinks it's unattractive as much as he's never been exposed to it. She just wants to add hot natural hair images to his world.
After I gained weight - I bought artwork that showed women in their curvy wonderfulness. Just highlighting my own natural attributes.
Originally Posted by thatwhimsygirl

THIS!!!! Thank you, thatwhimsygirl. 3 posts back to back after just getting home from that JOB That I have. Is that enough to not be considered a troll in your humble estimation, naturalista?
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
haven't read the rest of the thread yet.... but you realize that there's an app for curltalk, right? ppl can check the forums from work. ppl also have desk jobs where they can check the forums at work. so all this jobs!!!!!! foolishness is quite unnecessary.... especially since youre primarily responding to a doctor

if your boyfriend is already starting to like natural hair, why does he need to see pics of "hot" natural women? were the girls he was pointing out on the street not up to your standards?
Originally Posted by keenylicious
Who said I work with a computer, or I work a desk job?
Okay...who's responsible for the tag, "papi comes first"?

*DEAD*

See, that's why the NC 4a board is hated all over the cyber globe!
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
You know that's his nickname. In my blog his codename is papi... so whatever.
Yall be cutting up.

Who tagged My Self Worth 2nd lmao

from the cellular device
-*I can't fit into a box*-


LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY!


THIS!!!! Thank you, thatwhimsygirl. 3 posts back to back after just getting home from that JOB That I have. Is that enough to not be considered a troll in your humble estimation, naturalista?
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
haven't read the rest of the thread yet.... but you realize that there's an app for curltalk, right? ppl can check the forums from work. ppl also have desk jobs where they can check the forums at work. so all this jobs!!!!!! foolishness is quite unnecessary.... especially since youre primarily responding to a doctor

if your boyfriend is already starting to like natural hair, why does he need to see pics of "hot" natural women? were the girls he was pointing out on the street not up to your standards?
Originally Posted by keenylicious
Who said I work with a computer, or I work a desk job?
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
I didn't take it as she was saying that anyone didn't have a job, just that she was not around to respond.

With that being said and hopefully not to sound repetitive...
Naturaldoll, I think you've been around here long enough to know that if you say anything that is remotely controversial, people are gonna jump on it. So the fact that you are kind of acting all innocent like "what did I say to have this kind of response" is kind of falling on deaf ears for me. Your intentions may have been innocent, but it doesn't really come off that way.
greenandchic and adthomas like this.

I lashed out because I really didn't know the level of offense it would cause going in, and someone called me a troll. She's the one I lashed out at. I really do have strong feelings about that label, and I felt it was uncalled for. I just have to remember in the future how sensitive those on this board can be.
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
Naw, you have to familiarize yourself with how trolls "behave" on message boards. There's a certain MO and your board behavior caused the trolldar to go off.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture


haven't read the rest of the thread yet.... but you realize that there's an app for curltalk, right? ppl can check the forums from work. ppl also have desk jobs where they can check the forums at work. so all this jobs!!!!!! foolishness is quite unnecessary.... especially since youre primarily responding to a doctor

if your boyfriend is already starting to like natural hair, why does he need to see pics of "hot" natural women? were the girls he was pointing out on the street not up to your standards?
Originally Posted by keenylicious
Who said I work with a computer, or I work a desk job?
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
I didn't take it as she was saying that anyone didn't have a job, just that she was not around to respond..
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
Yes, thank you. I never said she doesn't have a job, that's ridiculous. I highlighted the fact that I do have a day job that takes me away from computers for 10 hours a day. Add to that 3 hours hanging with papi, and of course I wasn't here to respond all day. Does that make me a troll. Because she WAS basically saying I'm a troll since I wasn't responding, when nothing could be further from the truth. You would think a doctor would have thought of that.

With that being said and hopefully not to sound repetitive...
Naturaldoll, I think you've been around here long enough to know that if you say anything that is remotely controversial, people are gonna jump on it. So the fact that you are kind of acting all innocent like "what did I say to have this kind of response" is kind of falling on deaf ears for me. Your intentions may have been innocent, but it doesn't really come off that way.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
Okay it's not like these clustercusses brake out everyday, so no I don't know what's going to set people off yet. I haven't seen any other threads like this to compare and contrast. All I got from that other thread I was in was what I know anyway in reallife, don't be homophobic.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com