Any Kynx product reviews???

I just read an email and maybe im reading it wrong but it says in 2012 Curls acquired Kynx?

I wonder if they mean this line?
Apparently CURLS isn't for type 4 hair? But KYNX is? I never purchased from either line & now I never will.

From an April 5th press release. Dellinger announced her acquisition, during the festivities, of KYNX Hair Care stating, “I’m excited to announce that we have officially acquired the company KYNX and are looking forward to expanding our offering to include TYPE 4 Textured hair under this new division of CURLS. We see great potential in this brand and over the next few months will be looking closely at how we might better align what they have with what we currently offer. We believe this will be a perfect addition to our current product lines.”

About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
very interesting about curls' acq
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice

Originally Posted by sienna40
CURLS isn't for type 4 hair? News to me.
Viomalva likes this.

Originally Posted by sienna40
CURLS isn't for type 4 hair? News to me.
Originally Posted by DewMaker
Ditto. My hair didn't get that memo.

So wait, did CURLS make this line or did they take it over? Because if they made it and they're claiming that it's for type 4 hair it's pretty insulting that they'd put all those filler ingredients in there when they're nowhere to be found in their regular/Target lines, and on top of that charge as much as they do for that mediocrity.

Rude.
Viomalva likes this.

SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
So people aren't interested in the line because of the mineral oil and silicones? If they offered samples I would try it. I'm more about efficacy than ingredients, and there isn't anything inherently wrong with mineral oil or silicones.
I have to be very much about ingredients bc my hair is a snob. I tried to skate with sample of mizani moisture stretch and my hair put me in check real quick that it doesnt do silicones. Anyway i have a sample of Kynx I Am Unique texture defining gel. The ingredients are not on the sample so i will have to look it up.
^^^
I agree. I read the product listing for EVERYTHING I put in my hair. I'm not going to only buy 100% natural products, but my hair can't do mineral oil because it makes my hair feel like straw but silicones are generally fine. But for a lot of folks it's not just the ingredients but the price. Why pay $20 for mineral oil when you can spend $3 for pink oil and $8-$12 for good natural products.

Just because it says it's for natural hair doesn't mean it is.
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

^^^
...But for a lot of folks it's not just the ingredients but the price. Why pay $20 for mineral oil when you can spend $3 for pink oil and $8-$12 for good natural products.

Just because it says it's for natural hair doesn't mean it is.
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
That's what I'm sayin.

Apple now owns my soul...sent from my iPhone.

SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
I confess. I got lazy and didn't look up the ingredients for my sample. In my delusional haze I thought it's a gel. Other than alcohol it couldn't be too bad. So I twisted my hair using the gel(underneath was a leavein mixed with oil) and actually it came out pretty well. I like that the consitency isn't super thick so I was able to apply it easily to damp hair which is how I have to appply. The hold is light. Good at humidity. My first day hair is way more elongated than usual.

But then I started noticing a lot of debris stuck in my hair which for me causes tangles. The usual suspects are mineral oil and PVP. So finally I looked up the ingredients and sure enough there they were. There is also some peg-dimethicone but my hair doesn't feel dry like cones usually do. Maybe because I had just done an ubber dc. Anyway, I won't be purchasing this but I do think it can be a great product for people's whose hair doesn't mind mo.

Kynx Texture Defining Gel

Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Cone Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Flower/Leaf Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Mineral Oil, PVP, Lactamide MEA, Acetamide MEA, Polyquaternium-11, Carbomer, PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.
Because I blog I thought they would send me something to sample. At least to get me as a customer. But they pulled me in and started emailing me "$40 in free stuff" repeatedly. It would be nice if they were honest about "free". It's more like save $40 when you spend $20 so it's a $60 total value. I like saving money so don't try to lure me by misuse of the word "free". I'm done with their marketing department.
Originally Posted by ss40
Lol troof. 👏

Apple now owns my soul...sent from my iPhone.

SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
These products destroyed my curl pattern. A beautician recommended them to me and now I have the driest, frizziest, most unmanageable hair I have ever had in my life. Please don't waste your money. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else :/ it's been a whole week and my hair still hasn't reverted. Not worth the money at all.