Any Kynx product reviews???

So KYNX Hair Care has 4 of their full sized products(shampoo, condish, leave-in, styler) for $20, down from $60. The ingredients are pitiful considering that they consider themselves a "premium line". This is from the site:

Kynx is a premium line of hair products, custom blended to celebrate the natural kink. Each Kynx hair product is specially formulated with the rare Monoi de Tahiti oil, the secret hair softening ingredient of the Polynesian islands. Monoi de Tahiti is clinically proven to strengthen, soften, repair and restore dry African American hair. The comprehensive Kynx hair care collection allows women to boldly rock various hair styles, whether afros, natural wash and go's, braids, twists or locs, women can now lose the boring Type 4 Kinky label and fearlessly flaunt their gorgeous hair! Hair that no longer defines them, but instead represents their individual style. Our hair products are all natural and free of harsh parabens, sulfates and synthetic oils.
Hair is such an individual thing. We’re each working with something a little different. Why not celebrate our natural hair as the gift that it is? In addition to great products, we love a great party! Kynx, celebrate the individual in you.
But the shampoo ingredients are..
Water, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Mineral Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Obrignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Tocopherol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid.

and gel... Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Cone Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Flower/Leaf Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Mineral Oil, PVP, Lactamide MEA, Acetamide MEA, Polyquaternium-11, Carbomer, PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

I'm not touching on marketing. Not at all. But I'm all for a good sale and since shipping is $6.50 I really wanted to, but I just can't with these ingredients! There seem to be no reviews anywhere, just people with the same thoughts that I have. Is there anyone out there who tried these products? I know there were some purchasers on BF. Are these products as bad as they look or is it worth a try??

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

MakeupanBeautyJunkie did a review on her channel, but I believe her hair density and texture are a little different from yours. You are a fine haired curly, no? Have you used products with mineral oil before?

I am a fine haired, normal density curly so I tend to avoid mineral oil...
James Baldwin
A Talk To Teachers
[...]
one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society
[...]

I felt like they were FOS on the "premium natural" stuff, but when I googled the questionable ingredients I found out that there was nothing terrible there. I actually thought about trying their line & reviewing it for my blog, but never heard back. Guess I don't have the followership.

I would like to know what ingredients make you throw up a red flag? Was it the alcohol, cones, mineral oil? All of the above. Just curious.

I do think their prices are too high for the ingredients they use. I won't be buying anytime soon since I'm in love with another brand. But I have a lot of natural friends who might like it.
go to style-Pocahontas braids
Yes, I'm fine haired and my hair tends to really HATE mineral oil, no matter where it's located on the ingredients.

For me it was the silicone and "fillers" that had me raising my eyebrows. Personally I've never seen a shampoo with mineral oil in it but I was willing to give the line a shot since it's only $20 but I wanted to make sure that I can actually use the stuff more than once when I do get it.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

We have a few Kynx product reviews here.
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
Whoops! I never knew Type 4/kinky was supposed to be a boring label! I'd better sit here forlornly until I buy me some Kynx!
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Originally Posted by JahNaturalDezign
You know you're not doing something right when you offer 4 full bottles of product for $20 and the naturals are looking the other way.

Originally Posted by JahNaturalDezign
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I think they may need to consider that ppl don't do the bandwagon for all products. It takes time to build a reputation. I also don't think they hit the right price point when launching.

The email they sent out today screamed of desparation: "you tried it, you like it, now buy it". They may as well shoved it down my throat. Lol. & still I'm not compelled to purchase.
Cerendipity likes this.
go to style-Pocahontas braids
I was waiting for this line to drop , they amped it all up like it was going to the all that and a bag of chips. Then the ingredients are listed and womp womp womp and to top it all off, the price point isnt the greatest.

pffft Im not even tempted. Only way Id try them is if i could get samples, which I emailed weeks ago and still not a word but oh i keep getting emails about their awesome monoi tahiti oil.......rigggggggggggght!!!
I am a fine haired natural and my hair loves mineral oil. My question is since Dudley's oil, Murry's liquid oil, and Johnson's Pink oil have been selling me mineral oil and cones for three dollars, why do I need to pay you $5? Side eye to kynx Second question why does your model have a huge synthetic wig on if the product is so good?
I read on CurlyNikki that they pretty much spammed a lot of folks when they launched so that left a bad taste in a few mouths. The ingredients aren't steller at all, they're like amped up Pink Oil and Gel and the good ingredients start AFTER the cones and mineral oil.

Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I love shea moisture. I'm keeping them in business the way I buy their stuff. Lol.

Kynx does have that wig on their model. I thought it was cgi. Lol.

Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I was spammed...I didn't know who they were nor how they got my email and name...I'm still a lil tender over that.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

@PlatinumPJ

Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
Me too I want to how they got my email.

Sent from my Galaxy!!! Tee hee

Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
Me too I want to how they got my email.

Sent from my Galaxy!!! Tee hee
Originally Posted by ida2
Supposedly it was through CK and their sponsors. But all that hype for a whole lot of nothing. If they changed their formula it may be worth a try.

Originally Posted by seamonster
Sign me up when all I have to pay is $6.50 shipping. Until then I'm not spending $20 for cones and mineral oils and it's supposed be premium product?

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
I went to see the wig and they have 'request samples' on their website now. But it seems that what they really mean is sign up for promotions and events and at some point you'll get a free sample.

One of the things that put me off when I first went to their website when they first came out was the column of social links on the right, showing how many Facebook likes/tweets/etc. they were getting. It was jumping up and down between numbers, so were obviously fabricated and I decided if they're making those numbers up, they may also 'enhance' their testimonials, their photo results, etc. and I just couldn't be bothered for products that didn't 'call' to me anyway. Oh well!
sienna40 likes this.
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

I'm still mad about MTM and Enso (dammit I love that DC), so I'm not too keen on new companies at the moment.
Because I blog I thought they would send me something to sample. At least to get me as a customer. But they pulled me in and started emailing me "$40 in free stuff" repeatedly. It would be nice if they were honest about "free". It's more like save $40 when you spend $20 so it's a $60 total value. I like saving money so don't try to lure me by misuse of the word "free". I'm done with their marketing department.