The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15506Likes


Wth? If she can be Hispanic or Indian, why can't she be black?

Smh at some people.




Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by forbee
lol I didn't even know this was an issue. I saw the little girl and she looks perfecto. Are they mad, lenny kravitz is cinna?
Originally Posted by murrrcat
Rue's casting was the only casting choice I didn't question.

Anyone going to the midnight showing? I am!!!!!!!


Siri don't proofread my stuff...
Originally Posted by JFrank09
I think I am going to a matinee, I am not a fan of groups of teenagers.

Wth? If she can be Hispanic or Indian, why can't she be black?

Smh at some people.




Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by forbee
lol I didn't even know this was an issue. I saw the little girl and she looks perfecto. Are they mad, lenny kravitz is cinna?
Originally Posted by murrrcat

Me too. She and Cato are the only ones that looked exactly as I pictured them. I would have liked Tilda Swinton for Effie. All of the contestants from RuPaul's drag race could have played the stylists lol. For Haymitch, I had Paul Giamatti in mind.

I think some people cannot picture an African-American girl as sweet, and pure as the driven "white" snow. No one questioned why Cinna was black, as far as read in comments.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés

LOL I always imagined cinna in my head as :

You're a little late boo boo, me, turtles, and some others are fanatics

But seriously, when they first put the pics of the cast on on one of the magazine sites, the comment section was full of what your co-workers said. I was like what part of the book did you not understand? Some were saying she was supposed to look like Prim ( huh?--Katniss said she REMINDED her of Prim), some were trying to take the easy way out and say they thought she may be Hispanic or Indian. What about Cato from her district? I bet with all my money that they had no problem thinking Cato was a black!
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
Rue was pretty obviously black. I'm not sure how people would miss that.

The only casting issue I had was that I thought Kravitz was a bit old (hot as he is) for Cinna. Seeing a clip of him and Katniss changed my mind on that one.

I still wonder if the Seam folks are Melungeons.


Siri types my posts for me.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Well, I always thought Cinna was a "serious gay man" lol. It's hard to see Lenny in that role, so we will have to see what the chemistry is like throughout the movie.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
I've taken to telling folks to read the last paragraph of page 45. It's cleared most folks up of their ridiculousness. Lol
i think there is a disconnect in communication somewhere. i don't think anyone actually said they believed he was mentally ill.
Originally Posted by Keenylicious
I don't know about you but to me.. "psychopath" doesn't scream mentally well. LOL!

Nor does "psycho"...LOL! SMH..
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I said psycho in passing, not as defense for court. I think he was fully aware of his actions.However; as I previously stated, no, I don't think he is mentally well. He seem to have obsessive behavior, which can possibly be a mental disorder. He also seemed extremely paranoid-- another mental disorder. Like you said, more facts need to come out about him in general.

lol I didn't even know this was an issue. I saw the little girl and she looks perfecto. Are they mad, lenny kravitz is cinna?
Originally Posted by murrrcat

Me too. She and Cato are the only ones that looked exactly as I pictured them. I would have liked Tilda Swinton for Effie. All of the contestants from RuPaul's drag race could have played the stylists lol. For Haymitch, I had Paul Giamatti in mind.

I think some people cannot picture an African-American girl as sweet, and pure as the driven "white" snow. No one questioned why Cinna was black, as far as read in comments.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés

LOL I always imagined cinna in my head as :
Originally Posted by murrrcat
+2000
I always pictured him as some ambiguous race. Lol
i'm the worst. i'm the person who tells their friend that theyre walking out the door to meet them, but doesn't leave til like 20 mins later.
artemis513 likes this.

lol I didn't even know this was an issue. I saw the little girl and she looks perfecto. Are they mad, lenny kravitz is cinna?
Originally Posted by murrrcat

Me too. She and Cato are the only ones that looked exactly as I pictured them. I would have liked Tilda Swinton for Effie. All of the contestants from RuPaul's drag race could have played the stylists lol. For Haymitch, I had Paul Giamatti in mind.

I think some people cannot picture an African-American girl as sweet, and pure as the driven "white" snow. No one questioned why Cinna was black, as far as read in comments.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés

LOL I always imagined cinna in my head as :
Originally Posted by murrrcat
This is exactly what I pictured in my mind when I read the book.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
i am the WORST food flipper, my pancakes come out looking like abnormal shapes and making lunch for noah and i just now i flipped his quesadilla and half the contents emptied into the skillet, flipped mine and lava hot cheese and black bean grenades went flying across my counter and stove top! i screamed thinking for sure i was about to jacked up lol
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/


lol I didn't even know this was an issue. I saw the little girl and she looks perfecto. Are they mad, lenny kravitz is cinna?
Originally Posted by murrrcat
Rue's casting was the only casting choice I didn't question.

Anyone going to the midnight showing? I am!!!!!!!


Siri don't proofread my stuff...
Originally Posted by JFrank09
I think I am going to a matinee, I am not a fan of groups of teenagers.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
Kids will still be at the matinee

I'm probably going on Saturday. I have to work tomorrow and I'm volunteering tomorrow after work. Also, I have a brunch on Sunday, so Saturday is my freest day.
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

Rue's casting was the only casting choice I didn't question.

Anyone going to the midnight showing? I am!!!!!!!


Siri don't proofread my stuff...
Originally Posted by JFrank09
I think I am going to a matinee, I am not a fan of groups of teenagers.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
Kids will still be at the matinee

I'm probably going on Saturday. I have to work tomorrow and I'm volunteering tomorrow after work. Also, I have a brunch on Sunday, so Saturday is my freest day.
Originally Posted by LadyV69
I want to go to a matinee on Sunday...otherwise I'm scheduling an "off-site meeting" next week to go see it...lol.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Obviously we would need to know more for a definite diagnosis. But what I said was my opinion, based on what I have studied. And I certainly am not going to disagree that IMO this is also a racism issue, but I just think that the more info that comes out, the more we will find in Zimmerman's closet. If they ever arrest him.

All I was saying is, someone can be racist and mentally ill.

But honestly, if someone shouldn't label him as a psychopath because it's too soon to tell, isn't it too soon to tell if he is racist? The 911 tape of the alleged slur hasn't yet been deciphered, right?
We really won't know until it all plays out, so either way we are all speculating...
Originally Posted by artemis513

And I said my opinion was that I couldn't make that call. I never said in ANY of my posts that others shouldn't label him as anything. I specifically asked if you ladies thought he was really a psychopath or not and I was looking for actual answers. As I mentioned sometimes people use terms like "insane", "psycho", "psychotic", "nuts", etc to convey the irritation with how a person is acting or has acted. You answered why you said it and I gave why I couldn't. It wasn't any sort of condemnation of what you said at all...because I just don't know one way or the other. I didn't major in Psychology like you did..I majored in Sociology. And frankly, in college I was and still am MUCH more interested in Comparative Religions and should have majored in that..not minored in it.

I think Zimmerman had racist views because of the neighborhood account of him going from door to door asking about "young black guys that don't look like they belong". I'm not sure how else it is for me to take that..besides that it is a racist view. Not to mention it seemed on the 911 tape he got very over zealous about following this young black guy once he realized that he was indeed black. So from that aspect..I don't need to listen to a tape of him saying "effin c**ns" to comprehend..sure he had some racist views about black guys. But maybe that's a wrong view to have ? Maybe I'm being to emotional about the racial aspect ? IDK.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Marah, it seems like you are saying that because I wrote about psychopathic behavior that I am saying that he is not racist. And this is frankly not the case. I am saying that his behavior is racist (racism being a sociological construct, which I know you know) but he could also be motivated by other factors (psychology) in addition to having a racist perspective.

Like you said, you asked me why I said what I said, and I told you and gave my reason. I also clarified that the social construct of "psycho" and the clinical "psychopath" term that I used are not the same and gave a link to a brief article to give further clarification. I posted the link in addition to one section because there is much more to it than just the piece that I quoted. To me it is a no-brainer that racism is involved here, but there is more to it, just like with most hate crimes. I just don't believe that someone does something just because they are racist. That is too broad a reason for my mind to work with. There's always something more.

If you want to only look at the racist aspect that's cool, but I don't automatically think that way, so I'll just have to shift gears.
4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
My Fotki
My Blog
i'm the worst. i'm the person who tells their friend that theyre walking out the door to meet them, but doesn't leave til like 20 mins later.
Originally Posted by Keenylicious
I do this too. Depending on the friend, I don't even feel bad about it, lol.
Nappy_curly_crown likes this.
4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
My Fotki
My Blog
Obviously we would need to know more for a definite diagnosis. But what I said was my opinion, based on what I have studied. And I certainly am not going to disagree that IMO this is also a racism issue, but I just think that the more info that comes out, the more we will find in Zimmerman's closet. If they ever arrest him.

All I was saying is, someone can be racist and mentally ill.

But honestly, if someone shouldn't label him as a psychopath because it's too soon to tell, isn't it too soon to tell if he is racist? The 911 tape of the alleged slur hasn't yet been deciphered, right?
We really won't know until it all plays out, so either way we are all speculating...
Originally Posted by artemis513

And I said my opinion was that I couldn't make that call. I never said in ANY of my posts that others shouldn't label him as anything. I specifically asked if you ladies thought he was really a psychopath or not and I was looking for actual answers. As I mentioned sometimes people use terms like "insane", "psycho", "psychotic", "nuts", etc to convey the irritation with how a person is acting or has acted. You answered why you said it and I gave why I couldn't. It wasn't any sort of condemnation of what you said at all...because I just don't know one way or the other. I didn't major in Psychology like you did..I majored in Sociology. And frankly, in college I was and still am MUCH more interested in Comparative Religions and should have majored in that..not minored in it.

I think Zimmerman had racist views because of the neighborhood account of him going from door to door asking about "young black guys that don't look like they belong". I'm not sure how else it is for me to take that..besides that it is a racist view. Not to mention it seemed on the 911 tape he got very over zealous about following this young black guy once he realized that he was indeed black. So from that aspect..I don't need to listen to a tape of him saying "effin c**ns" to comprehend..sure he had some racist views about black guys. But maybe that's a wrong view to have ? Maybe I'm being to emotional about the racial aspect ? IDK.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Marah, it seems like you are saying that because I wrote about psychopathic behavior that I am saying that he is not racist. And this is frankly not the case. I am saying that his behavior is racist (racism being a sociological construct, which I know you know) but he could also be motivated by other factors (psychology) in addition to having a racist perspective.

Like you said, you asked me why I said what I said, and I told you and gave my reason. I also clarified that the social construct of "psycho" and the clinical "psychopath" term that I used are not the same and gave a link to a brief article to give further clarification. I posted the link in addition to one section because there is much more to it than just the piece that I quoted. To me it is a no-brainer that racism is involved here, but there is more to it, just like with most hate crimes. I just don't believe that someone does something just because they are racist. That is too broad a reason for my mind to work with. There's always something more.

If you want to only look at the racist aspect that's cool, but I don't automatically think that way, so I'll just have to shift gears.
Originally Posted by artemis513
*Sigh* Artemis.. You gave me an answer of why you said what you did in reguards to my general question about if this guy is a psychopath. I was absolutely fine with your reply and still am. It's obvious to me that you thought he was a darn racist because of what you said in your inital post before we even got into this psycho discussion hence why I ONLY asked for clarification on if any of the ladies here thought he was a real psychopath because of how people often use the word very "loosely". If someone says another is racist..they usually mean just that..so wasn't a need for me to question it.

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but please don't look for some sort of problem that you think I have with you or anything you've stated when I haven't stated such. There is none otherwise I would have simply said so directly. I take no issue with you or what you have conveyed on this matter. None at all. I appreciate your reply to my question and that's really all I wanted from anyone that wished to chime in. My words about Zimmerman are just MY opinion. It wasn't given to refute what anyone else says or thinks about him nor was it to change any thoughts about him or the situation.
*Sigh* Artemis.. You gave me an answer of why you said what you did in reguards to my general question about if this guy is a psychopath. I was absolutely fine with your reply and still am. It's obvious to me that you thought he was a darn racist because of what you said in your inital post before we even got into this psycho discussion hence why I ONLY asked for clarification on if any of the ladies here thought he was a real psychopath because of how people often use the word very "loosely". If someone says another is racist..they usually mean just that..so wasn't a need for me to question it.

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but please don't look for some sort of problem that you think I have with you or anything you've stated when I haven't stated such. There is none otherwise I would have simply said so directly. I take no issue with you or what you have conveyed on this matter. None at all. I appreciate your reply to my question and that's really all I wanted from anyone that wished to chime in. My words about Zimmerman are just MY opinion. It wasn't given to refute what anyone else says or thinks about him nor was it to change any thoughts about him or the situation.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I guess for me, had you said that in your initial reply to my post, I wouldn't have felt some kind of way about your response. I read it a few times before I did the reply because it did seem to me like you were looking for another answer that would suit. But I do appreciate you clarifying it now. Thank you.
4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
My Fotki
My Blog
Lord these people on facebook with the "natural" Michelle Obama photoshop picture....stop it.
Jo Somebody likes this.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Sometimes I think on NC there is a tendency in general to somewhat expect some sort of ulterior motive in regards to something stated..and it frankly doesn't seem to matter how someone may or may not preface a statement. It just is what is around here. But I guess that's a discussion for another day..or well never considering that sort of talk is avoided it seems...
wtf are my scissors always missing?!?!?!!??
Jo Somebody and cocodej like this.

I think I am going to a matinee, I am not a fan of groups of teenagers.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
Kids will still be at the matinee

I'm probably going on Saturday. I have to work tomorrow and I'm volunteering tomorrow after work. Also, I have a brunch on Sunday, so Saturday is my freest day.
Originally Posted by LadyV69
I want to go to a matinee on Sunday...otherwise I'm scheduling an "off-site meeting" next week to go see it...lol.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
Kids I don't mind, teenagers I do lol. Either way, yeah there will be some in those shows... but I suspect they will be lined up around the corner on Friday and Saturday night. Plus most of the night shows are probably (or will be) sold out. I think I am going to try to hit up a Sunday show too.


Me too. She and Cato are the only ones that looked exactly as I pictured them. I would have liked Tilda Swinton for Effie. All of the contestants from RuPaul's drag race could have played the stylists lol. For Haymitch, I had Paul Giamatti in mind.

I think some people cannot picture an African-American girl as sweet, and pure as the driven "white" snow. No one questioned why Cinna was black, as far as read in comments.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés

LOL I always imagined cinna in my head as :
Originally Posted by murrrcat
This is exactly what I pictured in my mind when I read the book.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
I just didn't see him as that flamboyant. He was so serious throughout the whole thing, unlike the other stylists.
Jo Somebody likes this.


LOL I always imagined cinna in my head as :
Originally Posted by murrrcat
This is exactly what I pictured in my mind when I read the book.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
I just didn't see him as that flamboyant. He was so serious throughout the whole thing, unlike the other stylists.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
I imagined he looked flamboyant because the way she described everyone in the capital, they all were over the top, but I didn't think he was "oh no you didn't and girrrl stopping"
cheveuxbouclés likes this.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com