Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree15269Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #8481
 
B-Nessa11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 992
Default

I'm leaving UAB and transferring to Virginia college for my respiratory therapy degree. I feel good about it. Plus I can go right into the program without all those extra classes I dont need.
Plus uab is going to stop offering a bachelors in respiratory therapy and making it a graduate program! Wtf!
That finalized my decision and I'm happy with it! Go me!

from Sugarfoot's chew toy
__________________
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!
B-Nessa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #8482
 
Chicago Kinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,745
Default

I don't understand these women having all these babies. This day in age is it really necessary to have more than 3 kids? Children are a blessing I am a firm believer of that but if done right raising children is expensive and they require so much of you and your time. Unless you are a farmer I just don't see the point of 5, 6 and 7+ kids.

Back in the day I understand it was the norm to have 5-13 kids but nowdays come on.

I also don't understand these women who have babies by a man who already has 5+ kids by 4 women. What are these women trying to prove by giving a man who already has his own little league team more kids? Do they really expect him to stick around, provide financially and raise kids #6,7 and 8. Do they even think about kids 1 thru 5?
__________________
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
Chicago Kinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #8483
 
LadyV69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks View Post
I don't understand these women having all these babies. This day in age is it really necessary to have more than 3 kids? Children are a blessing I am a firm believer of that but if done right raising children is expensive and they require so much of you and your time. Unless you are a farmer I just don't see the point of 5, 6 and 7+ kids.

Back in the day I understand it was the norm to have 5-13 kids but nowdays come on.

I also don't understand these women who have babies by a man who already has 5+ kids by 4 women. What are these women trying to prove by giving a man who already has his own little league team more kids? Do they really expect him to stick around, provide financially and raise kids #6,7 and 8. Do they even think about kids 1 thru 5?
Exactly. But some women do it thinking he'll treat their kids better than he treated kids 1-5. Then they wonder why he ends up showing his ass again when he neglects their kids. I speak from experience cause it happened with my BFF as well as my sister.
__________________
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
LadyV69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #8484
 
sweetmx85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky DaySha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
thank you everyone

kilajo: is it normal for them to be really lethargic? he wont drink anything. i tried to force it but he screamed pushing the cup away. when he was awake his eyes were barely open. he cant keep them
open. hes woken up a couple times and went right back to sleep. he seems to be exhausted. part of me wants to take him to the er now but if this is all normal for pneumonia then i dont want to over react
Ok...keep in mind that I am a minimalist (partially because I work in a doctor's office and see people overreact all the time).

If you took your baby in already and they have him on antibiotics, they usually take about 24 to 48 hrs to start working. Until then, all you can do is manage his symptoms. Fever reducer. Keep him hydrated. He will be tired, his body is fighting and needs all of his energy reserves for that fight, so he won't be running around. If his fever won't come down even with a fever reducer - worry. If he is unresponsive - worry. Try giving him spoonfuls of water or pedialyte to keep him hydrated, like 1 tbsp every 10-20 mins. If he won't take that and he isn't having any wet diapers - worry.

Now don't get me wrong, worrying is not bad. I have my own kids, and truth is even though I know all of this, I worry when my kids are sick. If you have a doctors office that has an on call service, try calling them for advice before you take him in. They can sometimes give you advice and little tips to keep yourself sane. But the ER is for emergencies and if he is already being treated, the ER won't do anything but take up your time and theirs, and potentially expose you to more serious stuff(eww).

Hugs to you and your baby.
nothing was accomplished there. we were there what felt like forever they did the same thing the drs office did and said keep him on his antibiotic gave him motrin and discharged us next time ill know
__________________
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

sweetmx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #8485
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,299
Default

I suck at grocery shopping. I spend so much money, and still barely have food for a week.


My mom finally got around to asking where I was getting money from. I've been unemployed for 8 months and haven't asked for any money. Imma start though, b/c I don't like draining my savings.

On my EVO. I'm too fancy for proofreading.
__________________
Keenylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #8486
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,299
Default

i'm so into hunger games right now. i cut my grocery shopping short just to get back to reading.
Jo Somebody likes this.
__________________
Keenylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #8487
 
Kinky DaySha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky DaySha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
thank you everyone

kilajo: is it normal for them to be really lethargic? he wont drink anything. i tried to force it but he screamed pushing the cup away. when he was awake his eyes were barely open. he cant keep them
open. hes woken up a couple times and went right back to sleep. he seems to be exhausted. part of me wants to take him to the er now but if this is all normal for pneumonia then i dont want to over react
Ok...keep in mind that I am a minimalist (partially because I work in a doctor's office and see people overreact all the time).

If you took your baby in already and they have him on antibiotics, they usually take about 24 to 48 hrs to start working. Until then, all you can do is manage his symptoms. Fever reducer. Keep him hydrated. He will be tired, his body is fighting and needs all of his energy reserves for that fight, so he won't be running around. If his fever won't come down even with a fever reducer - worry. If he is unresponsive - worry. Try giving him spoonfuls of water or pedialyte to keep him hydrated, like 1 tbsp every 10-20 mins. If he won't take that and he isn't having any wet diapers - worry.

Now don't get me wrong, worrying is not bad. I have my own kids, and truth is even though I know all of this, I worry when my kids are sick. If you have a doctors office that has an on call service, try calling them for advice before you take him in. They can sometimes give you advice and little tips to keep yourself sane. But the ER is for emergencies and if he is already being treated, the ER won't do anything but take up your time and theirs, and potentially expose you to more serious stuff(eww).

Hugs to you and your baby.
nothing was accomplished there. we were there what felt like forever they did the same thing the drs office did and said keep him on his antibiotic gave him motrin and discharged us next time ill know
Aww...I wish I had caught you before you went. He will improve over time. Just give him as much mommylove as possible. And do what everyone here has been saying. But I stand by what I said. Things to worry about : Fever not going down with meds, no wet diapers(means he's dehydrated), unresponsive. Just hang in there. You'll do fine, but unfortunately you're probably in for a long night. And it probably won't be the last time. That's the hard part of being a parent, seeing your kids suffer. Sorry.
Jo Somebody likes this.
__________________
Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery
Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
Kinky DaySha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #8488
 
sweetmx85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky DaySha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky DaySha View Post

Ok...keep in mind that I am a minimalist (partially because I work in a doctor's office and see people overreact all the time).

If you took your baby in already and they have him on antibiotics, they usually take about 24 to 48 hrs to start working. Until then, all you can do is manage his symptoms. Fever reducer. Keep him hydrated. He will be tired, his body is fighting and needs all of his energy reserves for that fight, so he won't be running around. If his fever won't come down even with a fever reducer - worry. If he is unresponsive - worry. Try giving him spoonfuls of water or pedialyte to keep him hydrated, like 1 tbsp every 10-20 mins. If he won't take that and he isn't having any wet diapers - worry.

Now don't get me wrong, worrying is not bad. I have my own kids, and truth is even though I know all of this, I worry when my kids are sick. If you have a doctors office that has an on call service, try calling them for advice before you take him in. They can sometimes give you advice and little tips to keep yourself sane. But the ER is for emergencies and if he is already being treated, the ER won't do anything but take up your time and theirs, and potentially expose you to more serious stuff(eww).

Hugs to you and your baby.
nothing was accomplished there. we were there what felt like forever they did the same thing the drs office did and said keep him on his antibiotic gave him motrin and discharged us next time ill know
Aww...I wish I had caught you before you went. He will improve over time. Just give him as much mommylove as possible. And do what everyone here has been saying. But I stand by what I said. Things to worry about : Fever not going down with meds, no wet diapers(means he's dehydrated), unresponsive. Just hang in there. You'll do fine, but unfortunately you're probably in for a long night. And it probably won't be the last time. That's the hard part of being a parent, seeing your kids suffer. Sorry.
thank you ill look out for those things. he was up all nightast night and even though he slept a lot today i couldnt im exhausted now. i hope he sleeps through the night. my belly feels so tight now i need rest. he is a little more active right now though than he has been all day. the motrin they gave him helped him. it was odd though be ause it seemed like there was a lot in there little dispenser but the motrin we have here says he only gets 1 tsp cause he just turned 2 and hes 27 lbs. it looked like a drip compared to what the hospital gave him.
__________________
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

sweetmx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #8489
 
Kinky DaySha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 527
Default

1tsp = 5ml. Depending on the syringe, it can look like a little or alot. But when they say a tsp, they don't mean pull one out of the drawer. You should have a dispenser of some sort, most of the time it comes with a little cup, but I like the syringe the pharmacy gives you. I wash them out and use them for other meds cause 3ml of tylenol and 3ml of amoxicillin still equals 3ml. But give him how much the hospital say to. They have the dosage down to his exact weight, whereas the box has no idea how much he weighs and gives you a general idea. Not giving him enough is just like not giving him any. Hopefully with his fever down, he'll sleep so you can sleep.
__________________
Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery
Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
Kinky DaySha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #8490
 
Kilajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
thank you everyone

kilajo: is it normal for them to be really lethargic? he wont drink anything. i tried to force it but he screamed pushing the cup away. when he was awake his eyes were barely open. he cant keep them
open. hes woken up a couple times and went right back to sleep. he seems to be exhausted. part of me wants to take him to the er now but if this is all normal for pneumonia then i dont want to over react
My son got like that when he was severely dehydrated. I would err on the side of caution and take him to the er if hes not drinking anything. He may need fluids through an IV.

eta just caught up on posts. You can also alternate bw tylenol and motrin so he can take meds sooner than the 6 hours for each. Just run it by your doctor first. I know what your going through and it's very stressful but the little ones are a lot stronger than they look. Also 102 is certainly high but my son's got to 104 with his recent pneumonia and he's fine now. Just be sure to give him plenty fluids and try pedialyte if he's not eating.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Kinky DaySha likes this.

Last edited by Kilajo; 03-23-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Kilajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #8491
 
sweetmx85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky DaySha View Post
1tsp = 5ml. Depending on the syringe, it can look like a little or alot. But when they say a tsp, they don't mean pull one out of the drawer. You should have a dispenser of some sort, most of the time it comes with a little cup, but I like the syringe the pharmacy gives you. I wash them out and use them for other meds cause 3ml of tylenol and 3ml of amoxicillin still equals 3ml. But give him how much the hospital say to. They have the dosage down to his exact weight, whereas the box has no idea how much he weighs and gives you a general idea. Not giving him enough is just like not giving him any. Hopefully with his fever down, he'll sleep so you can sleep.
that may of been the difference, i used the cup that came w the motrin and they had a syringe, i have a syringe from his tylenol i am gonna use that next time he cam drink it that way easier too. they didnt tell me how much to give him though. hes just using what we got from the drug store early this morning. i think im gonna give him tylenol at 12 and alternate.my mother in law suggested altering between the two every 4-6 hrs what i wish i had was somethin to stop his nose from running. it is non stop
__________________
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

sweetmx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #8492
 
Kilajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 755
Default

Just saw the Hunger Games. It was interesting. I normally dislike seeing a movie before reading the book, but I think I'll still get the books.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Kilajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #8493
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

A girl told me they did a really good job and stuck to the book.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #8494
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Wait did I post this? But my Brain jolts are realllllll. But not as bad ad before so im gonna push they and never take medication again
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #8495
 
Kilajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
A girl told me they did a really good job and stuck to the book.
IDK.

Folks laughed everytime a new character was introduced so I assumed the casting must have stayed true to the book...

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Kilajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #8496
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

damn I coulda been rich and been on vh1 as a stupid wife. dammmn my pride. Oh well he has bad breath, and I probably would of drowned myself in our indoor pool within a month from being driven crazy anyway....well if he's gone all the time then really I'd be alone in a mansion. ****.

__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #8497
 
CurlyElectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,128
Default

I really liked the movie! There was one part that they took out that was in the book that I was kinda salty about, but I'll get over it. I only cried once.
Jo Somebody likes this.
__________________
Quote:
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown
CurlyElectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #8498
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I really liked the movie! There was one part that they took out that was in the book that I was kinda salty about, but I'll get over it. I only cried once.
I was happy overall considering the book was a first person narrative. I did wish for more backstory one character.

My main issue was the motion sickness, lol. Some of the camera work got to me. I see why it was done, but I got nauseated.


Siri types my posts for me.
honeysweet20 likes this.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #8499
 
CurlyElectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I really liked the movie! There was one part that they took out that was in the book that I was kinda salty about, but I'll get over it. I only cried once.
I was happy overall considering the book was a first person narrative. I did wish for more backstory one character.

My main issue was the motion sickness, lol. Some of the camera work got to me. I see why it was done, but I got nauseated.


Siri types my posts for me.
Oh no! I really liked the cinematography - I thought it was pretty cool and they had some creative shots. I can understand why it'd make some people a bit woozy though - I wouldn't watch it tipsy, lol.
__________________
Quote:
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown
CurlyElectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #8500
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 782
Default

I've been looking at all of the #justicefortrayvon pics on instagram and I am so moved! It really touches me to see people come together.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk -- please ignore my typos!
IAmJordanNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com