The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15506Likes

@marah

That is interesting info but it's puzzling how after more than a month, and now worldwide attention, they are now coming forth with these new conveniently black friends and witnesses along with new evidence against trayvon. I don't know his physical stats but 150 and 6'3 isn't much. Zimmerman with his weight and being armed definitely had the upper hand, and even if this evidence is correct there is still the matter that he followed him with provocation.

At this point there are too many things to consider.

Sent from the mytouch 3g slide. Spell check does not compute.
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!





This auditorium is depressingly empty. *judging*

On my EVO. I'm too fancy for proofreading.
Smh at the new developments in the trayvon Martin situation. People trying to make trayvon out to be a criminal. Ok, so they're saying trayvon reached for a gun or some sh*t like that. Okay. Even if that was what happened, why did he need to reach for the gun? From what he police calls reveal, trayvon was screaming for help. This entire incident was instigated by Zimmerman. He went after trayvon, trayvon was confronted by Zimmerman who had a loaded weapon, trayvon was still unarmed. It's more reasonable to believe that if there was in fact a struggle for the gun it was because Zimmerman provoked an altercation. Obviously we see who lost and justice still hasnt been served for that. A life was lost and the police didnt even do their job. No evidence was collected. Zimmerman went home with the gun that killed trayvon!

Zimmerman knew exactly what the fcuk he was doing approaching trayvon with a loaded gun. He was trying to be a hero. Thinking he a police officer enforcing and patrolling the streets.






Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Kinky DaySha and Reeky like this.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
I dislike black americans who say that the trayvon martin case has nothing to do with them and they don't care. That they are unbiased or believe that this is not about race.

Sent from the mytouch 3g slide. Spell check does not compute.
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I've heard that before on other matters and I'm not really surprised by some AA's stance on this issue.

It's pretty interesting now about the details coming out that have some people singing a different tune. Apparently, Zimmerman says that Trayvon turned, punched him in the face, then jumped on top of him, knocking him to the ground, and started beating his head against the pavement. Witnesses back up his story including a black teenage boy that came forward the night of the incident and stated that is what occurred. That he actually saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating him.

The media has delved into Trayvon's personal life and found out that he was actually visiting with his father because he got suspended from school for marijuana residue in his school bag. They also snooped on his Facebook page and found out that he attacked a bus driver. They are also pointing out that Trayvon isn't this cute little kid in the photos that the parents gave out to the media. He's a 6'3 approx 150lb big guy (basically a man in the eyes of the law) and Zimmerman is 5'9 and very overweight. They also have been showing a new picture of Trayvon with gold teeth in his mouth, a menancing sort of look on this face, and what appears to be what is referred to as a "wife-beater" t-shirt on. He looks older in the picture..than he does in the pics that have been circulating his family provided. Also the current spokesperson for Zimmerman's family is a black man that has stated Zimmerman is devastated about what happened and cried and cried for days about it. This man said he's a family friend that knows the Zimmermans well and when he heard..it just didn't seem possible because George Zimmerman is known as basically a great guy that would help you in any way he could. And that's he's not a racist..

People are now saying this is just like the Duke case. Where a black stripper/escort claimed that 3 white male Duke lacrosse players raped her..the media and many in the public got into a frenzy concerning racism only to learn that once all the evidence came out this woman couldn't possibly have been telling the truth. Thus the charges against the Duke lacrosse players were dropped. This woman has since been in trouble legally for attempted murder, assault, arson, identity theft, child abuse, and other things. She is currently incarcerated and about to go to trial for murder.

I personally don't even know what to think anymore..they have that law in place in Florida. And I just don't see if the evidence is what the police, Zimmerman, and the lawyers claim how Zimmerman could be charged with anything. He was lawfully carrying a firearm and he "stood his ground" under the law once he was attacked. I also read that it was stated that it was Trayvon who went for the gun initially..not Zimmerman. So IDK.

What I do know is that even if this did go down exactly like Zimmerman says it does speak volumes concerning how this case was handled by authorities though. And I do think that in of itself has something to do with racism.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
IDK. Even if the media is now trying to say that Martin was something of a thug, it still doesn't mean that justice is being served here because as far as anyone knows, Martin was unarmed. And it still doesn't mean he deserved to die. The police didn't even bother to do a basic investigation, which speaks volumes. If they had done their damn job, they could have found some of that stuff out for themselves. Why is the media doing all the investigating for them?
Originally Posted by LadyV69
Well I don't think I would call the boy a thug or something of a thug. I think he probably was a typical boy that got in some trouble at times. No one is perfect. I agree..he didn't deserve death..either way. I think that "stand your ground" law isn't beneficial at all. The darn rate of justifiable murder rate went up dramatically when that law was passed. So you see people are just getting ridiculous with it. Furthermore, I feel like okay..so what he might have not be a straight A student and got into some trouble. What does that have to do with how all of this has been handled ?

I think the media is just being the media. Looking for all sorts of angles to report stories. I mean that's what they do..I don't expect less. It's all pretty sad. And I do think if Trayvon was a white kid this story would be different.. I may be incorrect but I just do.
There is a huge lack of common sense in this country. Especially in the justice system.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
i was so happy to get cable again and have seen a lot ofy friends talk about mad men, banana republic even had clothes similar to the show i guess, i started watching it last night.. its soooo boring!
Originally Posted by sweetmx85
No way ! I didn't just read that . Mad men is the best show on TV , maybe you should watch at least the previous season to understand it.

Last edited by ttlolla; 03-27-2012 at 12:27 PM.
@marah

That is interesting info but it's puzzling how after more than a month, and now worldwide attention, they are now coming forth with these new conveniently black friends and witnesses along with new evidence against trayvon. I don't know his physical stats but 150 and 6'3 isn't much. Zimmerman with his weight and being armed definitely had the upper hand, and even if this evidence is correct there is still the matter that he followed him with provocation.

At this point there are too many things to consider.

Sent from the mytouch 3g slide. Spell check does not compute.
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I understand your point. But I can't say that I agree with what you say about who had the upper hand because I just don't know. 6'3 and 150lbs depending on the physical strength of an individual..it's possible that person could have the upper hand on a larger or smaller person rather easily.

My husband is 6'2 and 155lbs. He's thin but very muscular and fit. He runs a mile in a little over 7 mins. He could whip someone's azz twice his size...with no doubt. I've seen him pick up a people well over 200lbs with no problem at all. As well as objects that are extremely heavy..no issues at all. Given, my husband is specifically trained in martial arts and combat though. He's a runner and very fit. I don't know exactly about Trayvon's level of fitness or Zimmerman's for that matter. Some short fat people will knock you the heck out!

Either way..to me all that is irrelevant. If the boy was 6'5 and 250lbs.. I feel like..so what. I think Zimmerman was in the wrong for following the boy at all. If he was so worried..he should have waited until the proper authorities came..not try to follow, confront, or corner the boy. All this could have been prevented had he stayed in his home or car and let the PROPER authorities do THEIR job.

From what I understand.. these witnesses had come forward to the police. It's just that now the media and the public are hearing it. Remember the police didn't want to release anything. I believe the AP actually petitioned the court for certain records, I read. The Sandford police questioned Zimmerman at the station that night..and in their own official investigation found that they had no reason to charge Zimmerman with anything so they claim. Like I said.. I think the police are full of bs on this one. They thought that black boy was up to no good and attacked this Zimmerman guy and he only "stood his ground". I think they didn't care because they looked at this 6'3 -150lb person as not a kid..but a big black guy that could have possibly been on drugs that attacked this short, fat, dude that helps the police out from time to time.

And it's just indicative of how blacks are discriminated against in this country..still..even after all these strides and achievements that have been made...but yet "racism doesn't exist" because there is a black President in the USA now. Um..oooookay.

SMDH.

Last edited by *Marah*; 03-27-2012 at 12:32 PM.
i was so happy to get cable again and have seen a lot ofy friends talk about mad men, banana republic even had clothes similar to the show i guess, i started watching it last night.. its soooo boring!
Originally Posted by sweetmx85
No way ! I didn't just read that . Mad men is the best show on TV , maybe you should watch at least the previous season to understand it.
Originally Posted by ttlolla
i wonder if theyre on netflix, ill have to look later, the episode i started watching last night was super boring i dont get what its even supposed to be about besides being in the 50s. my on demand only had one episode to watch
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

I don't know much about this Hunger Games phenomenon but is it THAT serious that a black people have been cast in certain roles in the movie ?

Race controversy over

Does it take away from the story or something because these characters cast just happened to be black people ?
@marah

That is interesting info but it's puzzling how after more than a month, and now worldwide attention, they are now coming forth with these new conveniently black friends and witnesses along with new evidence against trayvon. I don't know his physical stats but 150 and 6'3 isn't much. Zimmerman with his weight and being armed definitely had the upper hand, and even if this evidence is correct there is still the matter that he followed him with provocation.

At this point there are too many things to consider.

Sent from the mytouch 3g slide. Spell check does not compute.
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I understand your point. But I can't say that I agree with what you say about who had the upper hand because I just don't know. 6'3 and 150lbs depending on the physical strength of an individual..it's possible that person could have the upper hand on a larger or smaller person rather easily.

My husband is 6'2 and 155lbs. He's thin but very muscular and fit. He runs a mile in a little over 7 mins. He could whip someone's azz twice his size...with no doubt. I've seen him pick up a people well over 200lbs with no problem at all. As well as objects that are extremely heavy..no issues at all. Given, my husband is specifically trained in martial arts and combat though. He's a runner and very fit. I don't know exactly about Trayvon's level of fitness or Zimmerman's for that matter. Some short fat people will knock you the heck out!

Either way..to me all that is irrelevant. If the boy was 6'5 and 250lbs.. I feel like..so what. I think Zimmerman was in the wrong for following the boy at all. If he was so worried..he should have waited until the proper authorities came..not try to follow, confront, or corner the boy. All this could have been prevented had he stayed in his home or car and let the PROPER authorities do THEIR job.

From what I understand.. these witnesses had come forward to the police. It's just that now the media and the public are hearing it. Remember the police didn't want to release anything. I believe the AP actually petitioned the court for certain records, I read. The Sandford police questioned Zimmerman at the station that night..and in their own official investigation found that they had no reason to charge Zimmerman with anything so they claim. Like I said.. I think the police are full of bs on this one. They thought that black boy was up to no good and attacked this Zimmerman guy and he only "stood his ground". I think they didn't care because they looked at this 6'3 -150lb person as not a kid..but a big black guy that could have possibly been on drugs that attacked this short, fat, dude that helps the police out from time to time.

And it's just indicative of how blacks are discriminated against in this country..still..even after all these strides and achievements that have been made...but yet "racism doesn't exist" because there is a black President in the USA now. Um..oooookay.

SMDH.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Here's an interesting non-interview with Zimmermans lawyer with interesting points being brought up.

msnbc.com Video Player
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!





I don't know much about this Hunger Games phenomenon but is it THAT serious that a black people have been cast in certain roles in the movie ?

Race controversy over

Does it take away from the story or something because these characters cast just happened to be black people ?
Originally Posted by *Marah*
It just shows the level of racism in this country. If you see the tumblr that is filled with racist tweets towards the movie you would be appalled. These aren't adults in their 40's and 50's but young teenagers who are supposed to be exposed to a multicultural society. It's disgusting.

I think what makes it even worse was that they cast black actors to play BLACK characters, and people who supposedly read the book said that the characters weren't black. In fact many thought they were blonde hair and blue eyed. America is looking like a ****ty place to live right now.
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!





I don't know much about this Hunger Games phenomenon but is it THAT serious that a black people have been cast in certain roles in the movie ?

Race controversy over

Does it take away from the story or something because these characters cast just happened to be black people ?
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Those idiots are pissed because they got attached to black characters that they thought were white. God forbid a good character is black.

The young actress in question is a black actress cast for a black role. Of pissed off some racists with poor reading comprehension.


Siri types my posts for me.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
i swear this probation and parole class is a joke. this is the first class i've ever taken where using google is REQUIRED for a take home midterm.

ummm... you're supposed to be testing us on what we should've leaned from YOU (no she hasn't taught us research techniques), not how to look up sh*t on the internet.

i'm not even exaggerating; she didn't teach us a single thing that she's asked about in these questions. we're not required to cite sources or anything. and it's not liek she expects us to get it from the book, b/c she told us not to buy it.

i mean, it's not difficult or anything, but i feel bad for the ppl who actually need this class for their major. this is just an elective for me, so i'm glad i don't have one less class to worry about.
the girl they cast for rue is sooooo cute... cuter than prim.
i can't wait til my late arse spring break.
Have you guys read this? I am starting to really believe that Zimmerman won't get arrested, let alone tried. Forensically, chances are looking slim.

Trayvon Martin: 'Stand Your Ground' law at center of botched case

Thoughts?
4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
My Fotki
My Blog
i think im addicted to first 48
CocoT likes this.
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

I don't know much about this Hunger Games phenomenon but is it THAT serious that a black people have been cast in certain roles in the movie ?

Race controversy over

Does it take away from the story or something because these characters cast just happened to be black people ?
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Those idiots are pissed because they got attached to black characters that they thought were white. God forbid a good character is black.

The young actress in question is a black actress cast for a black role. Of pissed off some racists with poor reading comprehension.


Siri types my posts for me.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Ohhh... I did see some pictures of one little girl that was of color..oh em gee..she is soooooo cute. Lenny Kravitz..I saw that he's in it. *Giggling like a smitten school girl* I do understand how people get attatched to characters and expect them to be a certain way..I'm like that myself with things I really enjoy reading. But wow..the things I read these people were saying was incredibly racist. I mean no real reason just that the characters being black ticks them off and they shouldn't be black. Not shocking but really unfortunate.


To Soleil:
It just shows the level of racism in this country. If you see the tumblr that is filled with racist tweets towards the movie you would be appalled. These aren't adults in their 40's and 50's but young teenagers who are supposed to be exposed to a multicultural society. It's disgusting.

I think what makes it even worse was that they cast black actors to play BLACK characters, and people who supposedly read the book said that the characters weren't black. In fact many thought they were blonde hair and blue eyed. America is looking like a ****ty place to live right now.
I'm not surprised. I think certain people think the younger generation is so evolved when it comes to racism but guess what..their parents are the same 40-50 year old racists raising them. Just because these kids listen to rap music, wear some hip clothes, and have some "friends of a different race" doesn't mean that they think blacks are equal to them. I honestly think many white kids grow up being taught that..that blacks are not their equal. Besides that it's not like a lot of black are painted as heros in American society. That's usually a white person's roll. Some of them..I don't think they have those views to intentionally be hurtful or mean but that is simply the life they live..of being the most privledged in society. They know it, live it, and expect it. I think America itself has it's pros and cons like many places. But I think America tends to pride itself on creating this idea that "a melting pot" is a good thing. When in reality it isn't..at all.
@Marah - Does your hubby have an identical, 27-year old brother living in the UK?? Cause what you just described.... whew lawd!
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Have you guys read this? I am starting to really believe that Zimmerman won't get arrested, let alone tried. Forensically, chances are looking slim.

Trayvon Martin: 'Stand Your Ground' law at center of botched case

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by artemis513
No, I didn't see that particular article but I've read that sort of perspective elsewhere and heard it. It's always been in my mind that Zimmerman won't be arrested. I mean at this point..what would he be charged with ? Seems to me he's safe under the "stand your ground" law. And any forensic evidence is pretty much moot now.. dude left with all of it. That stuff he had on is definitely destroyed by now.

For me, I respect the idea that Florida has that law in place. I don't care for it.. but I respect that is the law. What sticks in my crawl is how the police handled this entire case. They totally messed up and I just don't think this would have went down with Zimmerman just going home if he was a black guy that gunned down a white boy. It's to many cases in the USA to support that view.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com