Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree15274Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #9101
 
sweetmx85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,014
Default

i should of eased my way back into caffeine, i drank a coke for the first time in six months and im a hotmess! my heart is flyin i got a ton of energy but am out of breathe soon after standing up lol i should of taken one sip. instead i downed the whole can. it did knock my headache out though


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk hence the typos..
__________________
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

sweetmx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #9102
 
B-Nessa11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Nessa11 View Post
Look what my Sugar did! She was so amused lol

from Sugarfoot's chew toy
Cutie pie!
Thank u!


from Sugarfoot's chew toy
__________________
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!
B-Nessa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #9103
 
gagirl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,932
Default

Moved into my new apartment. Yay!


Curse you iPhone!!!
__________________
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
gagirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #9104
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Toure needs to have several seats. He had the nerve to come at Piers Morgan for his reporting style and the way he conducted the interview with George Zimmerman's brother. SMDH.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #9105
 
subbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,312
Send a message via AIM to subbrock
Default

I received 3 hair compliments today. Word.

Blame it on the cell phone...
nynaeve77 and vegas_curls like this.
subbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #9106
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,077
Default

It's this Adele album making me miserable.
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #9107
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter’s Todd McCarthy comments that Lawrence’s “lingering baby fat shows here.” And—most bluntly—Hollywood Elsewhere’s Jeffrey Wells calls Lawrence a “fairly tall, big-boned lady” who’s “too big” for Josh Hutcherson, who plays Katniss’s romantic interest. (In case the message didn’t come through: Wells thinks Jennifer Lawrence is BIG. He also thinks we should be wary of “certain female critics” who “may be susceptible to the lore of this young-female-adult-propelled franchise.”)
boo.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #9108
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter’s Todd McCarthy comments that Lawrence’s “lingering baby fat shows here.” And—most bluntly—Hollywood Elsewhere’s Jeffrey Wells calls Lawrence a “fairly tall, big-boned lady” who’s “too big” for Josh Hutcherson, who plays Katniss’s romantic interest. (In case the message didn’t come through: Wells thinks Jennifer Lawrence is BIG. He also thinks we should be wary of “certain female critics” who “may be susceptible to the lore of this young-female-adult-propelled franchise.”)
boo.
Dumbf***s.


Siri types my posts for me.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #9109
 
vegas_curls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 777
Send a message via Yahoo to vegas_curls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas_curls View Post
So, I'm sitting here chillaxin' with my husband and son. The Disney channel is on in the background while I catch up on this thread.

I looked up just in time to see a commercial of the McClain sisters (whoever they are ) promoting their single featured in a movie about a baby chimp.... the McClain sisters just happen to be black.

I was giving the commercial the total stink eye, but shook it off because I thought I was being too sensitive. Hubs saw me shaking my head and said, "Nope. I know what you're thinking and yeah, that's pretty fowl."

lemme see
Eh, maybe it's just me... but we all know that Disney in the past was rather overt in their stereotyping of blacks so I couldn't help but to give this commercial extreme side eye. I mean, of ALL the little teenybopper singing groups/bands that Disney is promoting, why would they connect a black group to a movie about some chimps? Coincidence? Harmless intent? Or something covert?

Again, maybe I read way to much into it.
vegas_curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #9110
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas_curls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas_curls View Post
So, I'm sitting here chillaxin' with my husband and son. The Disney channel is on in the background while I catch up on this thread.

I looked up just in time to see a commercial of the McClain sisters (whoever they are ) promoting their single featured in a movie about a baby chimp.... the McClain sisters just happen to be black.

I was giving the commercial the total stink eye, but shook it off because I thought I was being too sensitive. Hubs saw me shaking my head and said, "Nope. I know what you're thinking and yeah, that's pretty fowl."

lemme see
Eh, maybe it's just me... but we all know that Disney in the past was rather overt in their stereotyping of blacks so I couldn't help but to give this commercial extreme side eye. I mean, of ALL the little teenybopper singing groups/bands that Disney is promoting, why would they connect a black group to a movie about some chimps? Coincidence? Harmless intent? Or something covert?

Again, maybe I read way to much into it.

I saw it, I honestly don't think disney meant any secret harm lol. I mean She's pretty big right now for disney, she's like the miley cyrus, and I think they wanted to do a family because the movie is about family. But then again, maybe.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #9111
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

McClain Sisters - Rise (from Disneynature's Chimpanzee) - YouTube

These girls can sang.
Jo Somebody likes this.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #9112
 
Tuchie09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 376
Default


I'm so tired of hearing about the Hunger Games. It feels like Twilight all over again.

Disclaimer: This isn't aimed at anyone here, one of my peeves are things that get over-hyped.
__________________
Curly in Okinawa, Japan where only the toughest curls can stand up to this heat and humidity.

My Arsenal:
Shampoo: Waiting on SM African Black soap shampoo to makes its way to me...
Conditioner(s): CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, CJ Repair Me!
Oil: Apricot Kernel Oil
Stylers: CD Loc Butter for twists, CJAF, CJCQ (haven't figured out how to work this though...)
Tuchie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #9113
 
gagirl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,932
Default

Sooo the shih tzu whizzed in her kennel-$37 down the drain


Curse you iPhone!!!
__________________
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
gagirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #9114
 
greenjumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerendipity View Post
It's this Adele album making me miserable.
Adele can sing and I love her music but I feel the same as you do. Whenever her songs come on the radio and I'm in a really good mood, I immediately change the channel. Most of her stuff is depressing!
greenjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #9115
 
gagirl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,932
Default

Gave Cheyenne pigtails. However I have no matching bows so pink elastics had to do. The pug and the Tzu are asleep. I think I shall follow suit.


Curse you iPhone!!!
__________________
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
gagirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #9116
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjumper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerendipity View Post
It's this Adele album making me miserable.
Adele can sing and I love her music but I feel the same as you do. Whenever her songs come on the radio and I'm in a really good mood, I immediately change the channel. Most of her stuff is depressing!
Me too.

I know she's talented, but I find her voice scratchy and annoying.
damsel_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #9117
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuchie09 View Post
...
I'm so tired of hearing about the Hunger Games. It feels like Twilight all over again.

Disclaimer: This isn't aimed at anyone here, one of my peeves are things that get over-hyped.
And again. Me too!

(I've never seen Twilight. I watched Buffy.)
Tuchie09 likes this.
damsel_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #9118
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
lol did you post that because of the chimpanzee thing or by coincidence?







*add: random observation, the majority of people who said "this isn't funny" or said something about this being prejudice, were white, and the most that said something about it being funny were black.....
CocoT likes this.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #9119
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,077
Default

I forgot I ordered some stuff from Hairveda
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #9120
 
applesandafros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 326
Default

Does anyone know a place to buy hemp seed butter online or in the ground?

my phone wears the pants in this relationship.
__________________
Almost MBL Coils
spongy, low porosity, dense awesomeness

Shampoo: Curly Kinks Cleansing Cream
Rinse Out/Detangler Conditioner: Aussie Moist, V05 Strawberries and Cream, Suave Naturals Coconut
Leave in Conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Giovanni Direct Leave in
Styler: Eco Styler Krystal and Blue, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel and Flax seed gel
Sealer: Grape seed oil
Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie Repair Me
Protein Treatment: Karishma and Jamilla Henna
applesandafros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com