The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15360Likes

And stuff like this is why certain people see us as animals instead of people. Such a small minority, but it speaks so loud. That's a damn shame. I am with you Nea, they need to throw them under the jail.
Originally Posted by happyface
I can never understand this point of view. People don't see us all (black people) as animals because some black people act a fool. People see us all as animals because they WANT to. Because they're racist. Because they're ignorant.

Some white person is acting a fool somewhere every damn day. And yet, the world isn't pizzed at the entire white race because of her actions. Black people don't have the privilege of being seen as more than a monolith of negativity. And that's a problem caused by racism. Not by foolish black people.

We could wake up tomorrow and discover that every black person in the world was a literal saint. And we'd STILL have a ****ty reputation. Because racism and stereotyping isn't about what black people are DOING it's about what racists are IMAGINING and expecting.

I feel the same way when black people complain about getting poor service from waiters because some black people don't tip well. Instead of blaming the ignorant asz waiters for assuming that ALL black people are ****ty tippers they blame the black tippers! Sorry, but that's effing retarded. ****ty tippers are going to tip ****tily regardless of their race. And drunken criminals are going to do ****ty things regardless of their race.

It's pretty disheartening that a non-Black person would interpret the actions of a minority as the actions of a whole people. Anyone who does assume such a thing is more of an azzhole than the drunken thug. Thugs will be thugs and are called out on it. But we're somehow okay with letting the stereotyping racists slip under the radar.
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
No one is excusing people that use incidents like this as "proof" that black people are lesser than or as card blanch to continue to be racist. However, things like this do NOT help advance our cause.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
That's it, in a nutshell. All it does is help strengthen the existing stereotype of the dumb, ignorant, violent, can't-be-tamed "blacks".

I had some dumb relative of mine mention the, "Black folks are just reacting to the Trayvon situation" excuse. Yep..he got read his rights. How the heck is that helping anything? Trayvon is dead, as wrong as that is. He ain't in a jail somewhere, tryna make sure he doesn't drop the soap in the shower. May he rest in peace. But those clowns in that video? They goin' down. I hope that watch and iPhone was worth it. The idiots standin' around "filming" the whole mess, while doing nothing to help stop it, need to be thrown under the jail with the rest of them.

Side note: And as far as "tippers" go, yes...in my experiences (as a waitress) black folks were the WORST....always. You can get mad, or get glad. Don't bother me either way. Now, I didn't base my service on the color of my customers, but that's how it was for me. So....

The end.

*Marah* likes this.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
And stuff like this is why certain people see us as animals instead of people. Such a small minority, but it speaks so loud. That's a damn shame. I am with you Nea, they need to throw them under the jail.
Originally Posted by happyface
I can never understand this point of view. People don't see us all (black people) as animals because some black people act a fool. People see us all as animals because they WANT to. Because they're racist. Because they're ignorant.

Some white person is acting a fool somewhere every damn day. And yet, the world isn't pizzed at the entire white race because of her actions. Black people don't have the privilege of being seen as more than a monolith of negativity. And that's a problem caused by racism. Not by foolish black people.

We could wake up tomorrow and discover that every black person in the world was a literal saint. And we'd STILL have a ****ty reputation. Because racism and stereotyping isn't about what black people are DOING it's about what racists are IMAGINING and expecting.

I feel the same way when black people complain about getting poor service from waiters because some black people don't tip well. Instead of blaming the ignorant asz waiters for assuming that ALL black people are ****ty tippers they blame the black tippers! Sorry, but that's effing retarded. ****ty tippers are going to tip ****tily regardless of their race. And drunken criminals are going to do ****ty things regardless of their race.

It's pretty disheartening that a non-Black person would interpret the actions of a minority as the actions of a whole people. Anyone who does assume such a thing is more of an azzhole than the drunken thug. Thugs will be thugs and are called out on it. But we're somehow okay with letting the stereotyping racists slip under the radar.
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
Points taken.. but she did denote "certain" people. IMO seemed to me the sentiment that was expressed was more about the fact that this sort of behavior ADDS to the idea that black people are nothing more than uncivilized animals. As far as I've seen the regulars on this board are just as outraged as you are about stereotypes, racism, and prejudice againt black folks. And they are quick to call out foolishness in that regard. You've been here long enough to know that fact.

But the fact remains that some black people do get tired of certain negros acting a damn fool like they don't have the good sense they came up in the world with that gives "others" affirmation as to why they believe all black people are uncivilized animals. And some black people are tired of being made to feel that behavior reflects on them. Perhaps you don't relate to it.. but to say it's "retarded" is a total stretch as I see it.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
All of it...especially the bold.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
i like compliments... But flirting is awkward.
Originally Posted by cocot
i agree....the mcdonald's guy with a ponytail full of split ends who is the fry manager is a serious flirt
Originally Posted by chicago kinks
*dead to the world*
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
I see both sides. Ultimately, it shouldn't matter what the actions of a few are. You don't see white people with their head in their hands ("ohhh dammit, my people...") every time there's a white person sticking body parts in their freezer and eating them or raping and mutilating women. Yea, some black people "make it harder" for everyone else, but it really shouldn't matter. All of that is racism.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
The bolded especially. And about the "making it harder bit"...lol I would never expect a criminal to make things easier for anybody. They're CRIMINALS. That's their job. As long as we have civilization, we're going to have them. Black criminals should have just as much "right" to practice their profession as those of other races. Why are black people holding their disgraces to a higher standard than everyone else's? Better yet, why is a black criminal a disgrace to black people? When's the last time Jack the Ripper was called a disgrace to white people? It all goes back to racism and, as I see it, accepting the idea that black criminals make it harder for other black people is perpetuating the racism. Saying that black criminals make it worse for the lot of us sounds a lot like accepting that the actions of a few justify the condemnation of the whole. I'm just saying that I won't accept that.

Those "certain people" who are jumping at the bit to find examples to support their racist thoughts are already lost causes in my estimation. So I don't really care what they think about these drunken idiots or anything else. Giving their opinions the time of the day "adds" to black folk's problems way more than the thugs in question....imo
Saria likes this.

Last edited by AmberBrown; 04-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Wow. I've never understood by people video or take pictures of their illegal activities. Why create evidence? That's why police say fortunately most criminals are stupid.

As far are judging all black people by the actions of a few, that is never going to change. Out of 100, 99 of us could go out and do something positive with our lives and the racists will point to the one thug and say 'see how they are'. I get sick of people acting like all black women are ghetto, on Welfare and have a bunch of kids by different daddies if they know who the daddies are. There are plenty of white people getting food stamps, welfare, ect. Some states barely have black people yet they still have welfare systems so how do they explain that.
My Asian and Latino friends tell me they go through the same crap. If one person does something wrong they all get blamed. And I've heard all the stuff about Jews being crooks when the Maddoff scandal broke. But look at all the white women who have murdered their children. No one says every white women is Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, that crazy chick from Texas. Why because that's stupid. Most serial killers are white dudes but no one think every white man is going to cut them up into little pieces.
"A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all." - Clive Davis
Wow. I've never understood by people video or take pictures of their illegal activities. Why create evidence? That's why police say fortunately most criminals are stupid.

As far are judging all black people by the actions of a few, that is never going to change. Out of 100, 99 of us could go out and do something positive with our lives and the racists will point to the one thug and say 'see how they are'. I get sick of people acting like all black women are ghetto, on Welfare and have a bunch of kids by different daddies if they know who the daddies are. There are plenty of white people getting food stamps, welfare, ect. Some states barely have black people yet they still have welfare systems so how do they explain that.
My Asian and Latino friends tell me they go through the same crap. If one person does something wrong they all get blamed. And I've heard all the stuff about Jews being crooks when the Maddoff scandal broke. But look at all the white women who have murdered their children. No one says every white women is Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, that crazy chick from Texas. Why because that's stupid. Most serial killers are white dudes but no one think every white man is going to cut them up into little pieces.
Originally Posted by adthomas

White people don't have to carry the full weight of the "one bad means all bad" label...that's one of the benefits of white privilege. They can kill their kids, kill their classmates, steal from investors...and they're just big unfortunate tragedies. But when they go to apply for jobs, mortgages, business loans, move into certain neighborhoods, they don't have to think much about their "whiteness" being an issue because of negative stereotypes that racist decision makers will use against them.

Now, I can dig it that you don't think reinforcing negative stereotypes is a problem that we should be concerned about. We'll just have to disagree. It makes me angry...and my anger is not "retarded" or unfounded.

But the whole "white people don't have to...." statements imply that you believe that blacks are judged by the same standards as whites...everything is equal. That's not true, and that shouldn't even have to be explained.
*Marah* and Jo Somebody like this.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 04-10-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Wow. I've never understood by people video or take pictures of their illegal activities. Why create evidence? That's why police say fortunately most criminals are stupid.

As far are judging all black people by the actions of a few, that is never going to change. Out of 100, 99 of us could go out and do something positive with our lives and the racists will point to the one thug and say 'see how they are'. I get sick of people acting like all black women are ghetto, on Welfare and have a bunch of kids by different daddies if they know who the daddies are. There are plenty of white people getting food stamps, welfare, ect. Some states barely have black people yet they still have welfare systems so how do they explain that.
My Asian and Latino friends tell me they go through the same crap. If one person does something wrong they all get blamed. And I've heard all the stuff about Jews being crooks when the Maddoff scandal broke. But look at all the white women who have murdered their children. No one says every white women is Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, that crazy chick from Texas. Why because that's stupid. Most serial killers are white dudes but no one think every white man is going to cut them up into little pieces.
Originally Posted by adthomas

White people don't have to carry the full weight of the "one bad means all bad" label...that's one of the benefits of white privilege. They can kill their kids, kill their classmates, steal from investors...and they're just big unfortunate tragedies. But when they go to apply for jobs, mortgages, business loans, move into certain neighborhoods, they don't have to think much about their "whiteness" being an issue because of negative stereotypes that racist decision makers will use against them.

Now, I can dig it that you don't think reinforcing negative stereotypes is a problem that we should be concerned about. We'll just have to disagree. It makes me angry...and my anger is not "retarded" or unfounded.

But the whole "white people don't have to...." statements imply that you believe that blacks are judged by the same standards as whites...everything is equal. That's not true, and that shouldn't even have to be explained.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
I don't think your anger is retarted. I think you have a right to feel however you want as done anyone. It's my opinion that we all have a freedom of choice so at the end of the day the only actions I can control are my own. I can do my part not to reinforce negative stereotypes and encourge my people I come in contact with to do the same. However, I'm not fooling myself into thinking I can stop someone I don't know who lives across the country not to act a fool. Stupid people come in all races and so some of the stupid people are bound to be black. They aren't going away. I also realize some people have a completely different mentality than I do. The people in the video actually thought robbing and stripping that man was so funny they posted it on Youtube. How can you shame the shameless?
Do I think we are judged equally? Not at all. My mother has always told me my screwups would be scrutinized much harsher because I'm black. I've seen time and time again people get away with actions (like going off on the boss in front of everyone, caught in lies) that I have no doubt Imy black behind would be immediately fired for.
"A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all." - Clive Davis
Wow. I've never understood by people video or take pictures of their illegal activities. Why create evidence? That's why police say fortunately most criminals are stupid.

As far are judging all black people by the actions of a few, that is never going to change. Out of 100, 99 of us could go out and do something positive with our lives and the racists will point to the one thug and say 'see how they are'. I get sick of people acting like all black women are ghetto, on Welfare and have a bunch of kids by different daddies if they know who the daddies are. There are plenty of white people getting food stamps, welfare, ect. Some states barely have black people yet they still have welfare systems so how do they explain that.
My Asian and Latino friends tell me they go through the same crap. If one person does something wrong they all get blamed. And I've heard all the stuff about Jews being crooks when the Maddoff scandal broke. But look at all the white women who have murdered their children. No one says every white women is Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, that crazy chick from Texas. Why because that's stupid. Most serial killers are white dudes but no one think every white man is going to cut them up into little pieces.
Originally Posted by adthomas

White people don't have to carry the full weight of the "one bad means all bad" label...that's one of the benefits of white privilege. They can kill their kids, kill their classmates, steal from investors...and they're just big unfortunate tragedies. But when they go to apply for jobs, mortgages, business loans, move into certain neighborhoods, they don't have to think much about their "whiteness" being an issue because of negative stereotypes that racist decision makers will use against them.

Now, I can dig it that you don't think reinforcing negative stereotypes is a problem that we should be concerned about. We'll just have to disagree. It makes me angry...and my anger is not "retarded" or unfounded.

But the whole "white people don't have to...." statements imply that you believe that blacks are judged by the same standards as whites...everything is equal. That's not true, and that shouldn't even have to be explained.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
I don't think your anger is retarted. I think you have a right to feel however you want as done anyone. It's my opinion that we all have a freedom of choice so at the end of the day the only actions I can control are my own. I can do my part not to reinforce negative stereotypes and encourge my people I come in contact with to do the same. However, I'm not fooling myself into thinking I can stop someone I don't know who lives across the country not to act a fool. Stupid people come in all races and so some of the stupid people are bound to be black. They aren't going away. I also realize some people have a completely different mentality than I do. The people in the video actually thought robbing and stripping that man was so funny they posted it on Youtube. How can you shame the shameless?
Do I think we are judged equally? Not at all. My mother has always told me my screwups would be scrutinized much harsher because I'm black. I've seen time and time again people get away with actions (like going off on the boss in front of everyone, caught in lies) that I have no doubt Imy black behind would be immediately fired for.
Originally Posted by adthomas
Well then if you and others know all this, then what's with the "Nobody thinks all white people are bad, because of Susan Smith, Casey Anthony....." mentality"?

Again, as Marah stated, most of us understand the basics of racism, the truth that bad folks come in all colors, and the sorry fact that stupid people are often not easy to shame.

White folks don't face the same societal consequences (as a WHOLE...as a race) for their stupidity, foolishness, violent behavior, prejudices, etc.
*Marah* likes this.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture


White people don't have to carry the full weight of the "one bad means all bad" label...that's one of the benefits of white privilege. They can kill their kids, kill their classmates, steal from investors...and they're just big unfortunate tragedies. But when they go to apply for jobs, mortgages, business loans, move into certain neighborhoods, they don't have to think much about their "whiteness" being an issue because of negative stereotypes that racist decision makers will use against them.

Now, I can dig it that you don't think reinforcing negative stereotypes is a problem that we should be concerned about. We'll just have to disagree. It makes me angry...and my anger is not "retarded" or unfounded.

But the whole "white people don't have to...." statements imply that you believe that blacks are judged by the same standards as whites...everything is equal. That's not true, and that shouldn't even have to be explained.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
I don't think your anger is retarted. I think you have a right to feel however you want as done anyone. It's my opinion that we all have a freedom of choice so at the end of the day the only actions I can control are my own. I can do my part not to reinforce negative stereotypes and encourge my people I come in contact with to do the same. However, I'm not fooling myself into thinking I can stop someone I don't know who lives across the country not to act a fool. Stupid people come in all races and so some of the stupid people are bound to be black. They aren't going away. I also realize some people have a completely different mentality than I do. The people in the video actually thought robbing and stripping that man was so funny they posted it on Youtube. How can you shame the shameless?
Do I think we are judged equally? Not at all. My mother has always told me my screwups would be scrutinized much harsher because I'm black. I've seen time and time again people get away with actions (like going off on the boss in front of everyone, caught in lies) that I have no doubt Imy black behind would be immediately fired for.
Originally Posted by adthomas
Well then if you and others know all this, then what's with the "Nobody thinks all white people are bad, because of Susan Smith, Casey Anthony....." mentality"?

Again, as Marah stated, most of us understand the basics of racism, the truth that bad folks come in all colors, and the sorry fact that stupid people are often not easy to shame.

White folks don't face the same societal consequences (as a WHOLE...as a race) for their stupidity, foolishness, violent behavior, prejudices, etc.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
This is so true!!!

As long as controversy sells, the media will continue to highlight our indescretions over their own. Seems like only the most heinous crimes involving white folks make the national wires. If we keep feeding the media with bullisht this will not change.

...tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor...
vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
LOL. Oh, Korra, why are you so apt?



Posted here because while it was recent discussion that made me realize that this is basically the defensive response shown by some people whenever white privilege or unwitting racism is brought up, I do not need the automatic "this is all about me and I do not appreciate it" response that it would undoubtedly get. No, it's not.
LOL. Oh, Korra, why are you so apt?



Posted here because while it was recent discussion that made me realize that this is basically the defensive response shown by some people whenever white privilege or unwitting racism is brought up, I do not need the automatic "this is all about me and I do not appreciate it" response that it would undoubtedly get. No, it's not.
Originally Posted by Saria
As I was reading that thread .. I was actually waiting for it to happen. Oddly enough I was even certain of where it might come from..I was spot on. At the same time though.. I'm not upset about that sort of thinking. I expect it from white folks..until they prove otherwise just as much as they expect me to be a stereotypical black woman until proven otherwise. I think it's a sad circle that continues but folks don't talk openly and honestly about race and as much as folks on NC like to believe it's so "open" and "evolved" on subjects like that..I call BS. It's to many of those discussions that turn into.. "well I've never seen it" and "i'm not that way" and "well I can see how some black people couuld feel that way".

Because if I came with real talk in that thread I don't think the overwhelming majority could stomach it not even the "champions for the cause" around here. But there is a comfortable medium around here that frankly I don't think most want tampered with...
tae082, Ninjarette and ElenaMaylee like this.
i like compliments... But flirting is awkward.
Originally Posted by cocot
i agree....the mcdonald's guy with a ponytail full of split ends who is the fry manager is a serious flirt
Originally Posted by chicago kinks
*dead to the world*
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
And I feel a certain type of way that Chi-Town Kinks assumes this man had split ends... how does SHE know this is not just a hair type combo she's never seen before. How she know he don't have mainly 4b hair with a little bit of 3a in the front some 2b in the middle and at the sides...and 2c at the ends she has the nerve to call split ends... I believe Chi-Town Kinks just don't want this man to have good hair..that's all. Jealousy is a terrible thing. SMDH.
LOL. Oh, Korra, why are you so apt?



Posted here because while it was recent discussion that made me realize that this is basically the defensive response shown by some people whenever white privilege or unwitting racism is brought up, I do not need the automatic "this is all about me and I do not appreciate it" response that it would undoubtedly get. No, it's not.
Originally Posted by Saria
As I was reading that thread .. I was actually waiting for it to happen. Oddly enough I was even certain of where it might come from..I was spot on. At the same time though.. I'm not upset about that sort of thinking. I expect it from white folks..until they prove otherwise just as much as they expect me to be a stereotypical black woman until proven otherwise. I think it's a sad circle that continues but folks don't talk openly and honestly about race and as much as folks on NC like to believe it's so "open" and "evolved" on subjects like that..I call BS. It's to many of those discussions that turn into.. "well I've never seen it" and "i'm not that way" and "well I can see how some black people couuld feel that way".

Because if I came with real talk in that thread I don't think the overwhelming majority could stomach it not even the "champions for the cause" around here. But there is a comfortable medium around here that frankly I don't think most want tampered with...
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I can imagine who you expected it from and I agree. Frankly, opinions relating to this topic posted in the past are pretty much why I don't want anything to do with some folks anymore. Civility yes, but friendliness went out the window because I saw the true feelings on these issues. It's all I can think. No matter how much someone can try to say they're tolerant and see people of color as friends, when they basically get angry about how they're not privileged and you basically need to STFU for pointing out that privilege, that colors my whole opinion of you. When you lash out with a racial statement out of nowhere, even more so. And a half-assed apology that doesn't actually cover what you should be apologizing for takes it further. What has been seen cannot be unseen, basically.
And again, this is not in response to that thread. That thread just brought these thoughts back up again.

i agree....the mcdonald's guy with a ponytail full of split ends who is the fry manager is a serious flirt
Originally Posted by chicago kinks
*dead to the world*
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
And I feel a certain type of way that Chi-Town Kinks assumes this man had split ends... how does SHE know this is not just a hair type combo she's never seen before. How she know he don't have mainly 4b hair with a little bit of 3a in the front some 2b in the middle and at the sides...and 2c at the ends she has the nerve to call split ends... I believe Chi-Town Kinks just don't want this man to have good hair..that's all. Jealousy is a terrible thing. SMDH.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Ok I admit I am a bit jealous, he does have crazy waves but I attribute that to the fry grease popping everywhere.
Also, when you grab 4 or 5 strands of hair but the ends look like ya grabbed 15 to 20 strands...that's not that "good" thick 2bcd3ahys hair.

...tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor...
vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
murrrcat, *Marah* and Ninjarette like this.
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
My allergies are working overtime today. Fml


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk -- please ignore my typos!
Why why why, did I skip a different class to come to a study session for another class and no one is studying. Ughhhh. The T.A. who leads it is just texting on her phone and talking about the Hunger Games.

I'll just study myself. This is pointless.
And I forgot my phone today. Nooooo

*dead to the world*
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
And I feel a certain type of way that Chi-Town Kinks assumes this man had split ends... how does SHE know this is not just a hair type combo she's never seen before. How she know he don't have mainly 4b hair with a little bit of 3a in the front some 2b in the middle and at the sides...and 2c at the ends she has the nerve to call split ends... I believe Chi-Town Kinks just don't want this man to have good hair..that's all. Jealousy is a terrible thing. SMDH.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Ok I admit I am a bit jealous, he does have crazy waves but I attribute that to the fry grease popping everywhere.
Also, when you grab 4 or 5 strands of hair but the ends look like ya grabbed 15 to 20 strands...that's not that "good" thick 2bcd3ahys hair.

...tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor...
vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
*I.am.slayed* Damn.. LOL!
And stuff like this is why certain people see us as animals instead of people. Such a small minority, but it speaks so loud. That's a damn shame. I am with you Nea, they need to throw them under the jail.
Originally Posted by happyface
I can never understand this point of view. People don't see us all (black people) as animals because some black people act a fool. People see us all as animals because they WANT to. Because they're racist. Because they're ignorant.

Some white person is acting a fool somewhere every damn day. And yet, the world isn't pizzed at the entire white race because of her actions. Black people don't have the privilege of being seen as more than a monolith of negativity. And that's a problem caused by racism. Not by foolish black people.

We could wake up tomorrow and discover that every black person in the world was a literal saint. And we'd STILL have a ****ty reputation. Because racism and stereotyping isn't about what black people are DOING it's about what racists are IMAGINING and expecting.

I feel the same way when black people complain about getting poor service from waiters because some black people don't tip well. Instead of blaming the ignorant asz waiters for assuming that ALL black people are ****ty tippers they blame the black tippers! Sorry, but that's effing retarded. ****ty tippers are going to tip ****tily regardless of their race. And drunken criminals are going to do ****ty things regardless of their race.

It's pretty disheartening that a non-Black person would interpret the actions of a minority as the actions of a whole people. Anyone who does assume such a thing is more of an azzhole than the drunken thug. Thugs will be thugs and are called out on it. But we're somehow okay with letting the stereotyping racists slip under the radar.
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
No one is excusing people that use incidents like this as "proof" that black people are lesser than or as card blanch to continue to be racist. However, things like this do NOT help advance our cause.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
I can see Amber's point. Some drunken whites could've done the same thing but since they're privileged, it would be regarded as an anomaly. However, drunken blacks doing this crap is viewed as normative by a number of people. Certain people will still believe we're evil subhumans no matter what we say or do. Is it fair? No. But it is what it is. In the end, it doesn't matter if that video depicting those fools helps our cause or not, because certain people are still going to believe what they want to believe. Those fools have everything coming to them and they should get the maximum sentence allowed under the law.
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

I can see Amber's point. Some drunken whites could've done the same thing but since they're privileged, it would be regarded as an anomaly. However, drunken blacks doing this crap is viewed as normative by a number of people. Certain people will still believe we're evil subhumans no matter what we say or do. Is it fair? No. But it is what it is. In the end, it doesn't matter if that video depicting those fools helps our cause or not, because certain people are still going to believe what they want to believe. Those fools have everything coming to them and they should get the maximum sentence allowed under the law.
Originally Posted by LadyV69
Pretty much this^.



1000000 points to gryffindor....I mean ladyv69

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com