Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree15349Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #9901
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #9902
 
CurlyElectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down.
I never said that I had good faith in the justice system. All I said was that an arrest (after them initially deciding an arrest was not warranted) says something. I agree that they should have been doing what they should have in the first place, but living in the past isn't going to do anything but focus on the negative...they ended up doing the right thing, and I only hope that it continues.

And no offense Marah, but didn't you say that they did not have enough evidence to arrest him in the first place? So why would you call this justice (or the start of justice)? Why would you want him to get convicted?
__________________
Quote:
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown

Last edited by CurlyElectra; 04-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
CurlyElectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #9903
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down
.
Yep.

And I'm not buying that it takes this long to arrest someone. It's not like this was a hit and run where they needed to do a search and sh*t. They RELEASED him the day this all happened. So no Ms. Corey. I'm not buying what you're selling.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #9904
 
Ninjarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
you know it's still shocking to some when you tell them you know how to swim...

once at a BBQ this lady told my brother that the reason black kids drown more is because theres something in there bones that causes it.
My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.
__________________
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 04-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #9905
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,078
Default

im telling you the universe always tells me that i can never pull off sexy and cool.

im the girl thats a toyboy dressed as a girly girl, snorting like a dood and giggling at the same time while walking into the wall


I just snorted and damn near died as a wasabi nut went down the wrong way, while smiling at the nice man
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #9906
 
Chicago Kinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
you know it's still shocking to some when you tell them you know how to swim...

once at a BBQ this lady told my brother that the reason black kids drown more is because theres something in there bones that causes it.
My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.
I've heard both of those statements before. I remember my response like it was yesterday, "explain why when your dry you smell like old hot dog water and when your wet you smell like Frito Lay Corn Chips?"

She never did answer my questions....go figure
Keenylicious likes this.
__________________
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
Chicago Kinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #9907
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down.
I never said that I had good faith in the justice system. All I said was that an arrest (after them initially deciding an arrest was not warranted) says something. I agree that they should have been doing what they should have in the first place, but living in the past isn't going to do anything but focus on the negative...they ended up doing the right thing, and I only hope that it continues.

And no offense Marah, but didn't you say that they did not have enough evidence to arrest him in the first place? So why would you call this justice (or the start of justice)? Why would you want him to get convicted?
CurlyElectra,

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. I'm on the executive board at my synagogue.. we had a business meeting it ran later than expected and I had tried to use my phone to reply to you there but I had to pay attention to the meeting and my phone was acting right stupid.

Anyway..here is my reply to the above comments. Maybe you need to take your another look at how you react things on the net. I remember you making some post about how folks are LOOKING for some stuff on the net to have an issue with (my paraphrase). I didn't say in my post that you said you had good faith in anything. I said I didn't! I didn't make any comments challenging what you stated because no reason for me to do so. I was simply giving my view based on your comments. No more.. no less.

As to the arrest: Yes, I said that I didn't believe they had enough evidence to arrest him. I just didn't see how they could with the Stand Your Ground Law in place there in Florida. A lot of people didn't. So what. Now if you want to take that to mean that I think Zimmerman shouldn't be held accountable for his actions on that day he killed a guy.. that's you going on some other stuff that I didn't say. You came up with all on your own.

I'm just not moved, relieved, glad, or feeling better about the state of the USA when it comes to racism or the justice system just because some perceived "latino" dude got arrested 40 some odd days after he blew some kid away. If that makes people feel fonky that I'm not feeling cuddly about it..it just does.

Dude hasn't been convicted yet.. but I darn sure wouldn't be surprised if he was because most white folks see him as a "latino" and it ain't got ish to do with them. So if they have this latino dude out.. so be it. You seen who was mainly marching at those events.. black folks. So hell no.. I'm not getting all happy and getting warm cuddly feelings in my heart for a country that still treats the very people that built this damn country like they are uncivilized animals just cause some slick talking law lady decided to toss some charges out over this ONE case.

I'll get tickly and warm when I see black folks stop being treated like they are less than and get justice as quick and easily for their heart aches as white folks do. And if folks don't like that I feel that way.. frankly they can kiss my damn ass.

I don't have good faith in the USA justice system for black folks and I think I have good reason to feel that way..more than enough.

Now that's not getting salty with you. I respect your right to your views.. but those are mine.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #9908
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down
.
Yep.

And I'm not buying that it takes this long to arrest someone. It's not like this was a hit and run where they needed to do a search and sh*t. They RELEASED him the day this all happened. So no Ms. Corey. I'm not buying what you're selling.
I believe it does take this long to make sure you can WIN a second degree murder case. Voice analysis, interviewing pathologist, emt personnel, getting the video enhanced to determine if any blood is on his clothing, etc. All of those things take time.

This woman does not like to lose.
Jo Somebody likes this.
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #9909
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post

I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down
.
Yep.

And I'm not buying that it takes this long to arrest someone. It's not like this was a hit and run where they needed to do a search and sh*t. They RELEASED him the day this all happened. So no Ms. Corey. I'm not buying what you're selling.
I believe it does take this long to make sure you can WIN a second degree murder case. Voice analysis, interviewing pathologist, emt personnel, getting the video enhanced to determine if any blood is on his clothing, etc. All of those things take time.

This woman does not like to lose.
But aren't you charged after arrest?
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #9910
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post

I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down.
Yep.

And I'm not buying that it takes this long to arrest someone. It's not like this was a hit and run where they needed to do a search and sh*t. They RELEASED him the day this all happened. So no Ms. Corey. I'm not buying what you're selling.
I believe it does take this long to make sure you can WIN a second degree murder case. Voice analysis, interviewing pathologist, emt personnel, getting the video enhanced to determine if any blood is on his clothing, etc. All of those things take time.

This woman does not like to lose.
I definitely think Angela Corey was up on her game but to me a lot of this bs is because it will reflect badly on her if it even looked like she was doing something that was underhanded and not following the law exactly and precisely. This case is ALL in the media and could ruin her. She's not stupid. I noticed in the press conference she made SURE she covered those bases well.. letting the public know in countless ways she and her team were doing this on the up and up and had been from the very moments she got involved. I'm telling you.. she's gonna make a name for herself with this...

Sure.. I think all that stuff she and her office had to do takes time but a lot of folks I've heard are ticked off at the fact that it got all messed up in the first place. Chris Serino, the lead investigator had recommended that Zimmerman be charged cause his story didn't add up to him. Norman Wolfinger, the head of the state attorney's office said there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman..so instructed that no charges be made. Then enter Angela Correy as a special prosecutor..because law enforcement had already effed up from jump.. so they knew they better do something else...fast. Appointing her was a very smart move.

Now I don't know what evidence Angela Correy has to make a conviction that Wolfinger didn't but I can't wait to see or hear this stuff.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #9911
 
greenjumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
you know it's still shocking to some when you tell them you know how to swim...

once at a BBQ this lady told my brother that the reason black kids drown more is because theres something in there bones that causes it.
My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.

I remember one summer when all of my friends were genuinely surprised that I and another friend of ours from Bangladesh had tan lines...like other races can't tan because they aren't pale to start with. They were also surprised when we told them that we could get sunburned....

Like really....just because I'm already on the brown side doesn't mean I'm somehow magically resistant to the gigantic burning fireball that is the sun. If you put an already brown piece of toast back in the toaster for long enough...it'll turn black eventually and burn. Same thing.
Jo Somebody likes this.
greenjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #9912
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

HOLY SHKIT.. George Zimmerman has Mark O'Mara as his new lawyer. Dear goodness.. his parents are shelling out an effin GRIP for this guy. Mark O'Mara is a legal expert. Not to mention Mark O'Mara is very sharp..hmm. Damn how much money did Zimmerman raise in that PAYPAL account from his website.. sheesh.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #9913
 
Ninjarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjumper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
you know it's still shocking to some when you tell them you know how to swim...

once at a BBQ this lady told my brother that the reason black kids drown more is because theres something in there bones that causes it.
My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.

I remember one summer when all of my friends were genuinely surprised that I and another friend of ours from Bangladesh had tan lines...like other races can't tan because they aren't pale to start with. They were also surprised when we told them that we could get sunburned....

Like really....just because I'm already on the brown side doesn't mean I'm somehow magically resistant to the gigantic burning fireball that is the sun. If you put an already brown piece of toast back in the toaster for long enough...it'll turn black eventually and burn. Same thing.
Yep...sometimes you have take it down to a basic concept, so it'll sink in.
__________________
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #9914
 
Ninjarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
HOLY SHKIT.. George Zimmerman has Mark O'Mara as his new lawyer. Dear goodness.. his parents are shelling out an effin GRIP for this guy. Mark O'Mara is a legal expert. Not to mention Mark O'Mara is very sharp..hmm. Damn how much money did Zimmerman raise in that PAYPAL account from his website.. sheesh.
A lot...and you'd be surprised who "chipped in".
__________________
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #9915
 
greenjumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjumper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post

My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.

I remember one summer when all of my friends were genuinely surprised that I and another friend of ours from Bangladesh had tan lines...like other races can't tan because they aren't pale to start with. They were also surprised when we told them that we could get sunburned....

Like really....just because I'm already on the brown side doesn't mean I'm somehow magically resistant to the gigantic burning fireball that is the sun. If you put an already brown piece of toast back in the toaster for long enough...it'll turn black eventually and burn. Same thing.
Yep...sometimes you have take it down to a basic concept, so it'll sink in.
Haha, you are so right! That's my go to explanation because believe it or not, that situation has come up more than a couple of times.
greenjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #9916
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjumper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
you know it's still shocking to some when you tell them you know how to swim...

once at a BBQ this lady told my brother that the reason black kids drown more is because theres something in there bones that causes it.
My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.

I remember one summer when all of my friends were genuinely surprised that I and another friend of ours from Bangladesh had tan lines...like other races can't tan because they aren't pale to start with. They were also surprised when we told them that we could get sunburned....

Like really....just because I'm already on the brown side doesn't mean I'm somehow magically resistant to the gigantic burning fireball that is the sun. If you put an already brown piece of toast back in the toaster for long enough...it'll turn black eventually and burn. Same thing.


i hear that all the time, like "why are you putting on sunscreen?", maaaaaaan **** you and yo mama, and yo greasy granny.

and I get sunburned so easily, don't know why.

my annoying roommate when I first met her she told me that black people could run faster they had special muscles white people don't have and thats what her coaches taught her, so she was never able to out run them during track meets


.....She had to learn that day and she did.
cocodej likes this.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #9917
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post

Yep.

And I'm not buying that it takes this long to arrest someone. It's not like this was a hit and run where they needed to do a search and sh*t. They RELEASED him the day this all happened. So no Ms. Corey. I'm not buying what you're selling.
I believe it does take this long to make sure you can WIN a second degree murder case. Voice analysis, interviewing pathologist, emt personnel, getting the video enhanced to determine if any blood is on his clothing, etc. All of those things take time.

This woman does not like to lose.
I definitely think Angela Corey was up on her game but to me a lot of this bs is because it will reflect badly on her if it even looked like she was doing something that was underhanded and not following the law exactly and precisely. This case is ALL in the media and could ruin her. She's not stupid. I noticed in the press conference she made SURE she covered those bases well.. letting the public know in countless ways she and her team were doing this on the up and up and had been from the very moments she got involved. I'm telling you.. she's gonna make a name for herself with this...

Sure.. I think all that stuff she and her office had to do takes time but a lot of folks I've heard are ticked off at the fact that it got all messed up in the first place. Chris Serino, the lead investigator had recommended that Zimmerman be charged cause his story didn't add up to him. Norman Wolfinger, the head of the state attorney's office said there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman..so instructed that no charges be made. Then enter Angela Correy as a special prosecutor..because law enforcement had already effed up from jump.. so they knew they better do something else...fast. Appointing her was a very smart move.

Now I don't know what evidence Angela Correy has to make a conviction that Wolfinger didn't but I can't wait to see or hear this stuff.
Norm Wolfinger does not like to admit his mistakes. Two men served twenty years in prison, under his tenure for crimes they did not commit. Both men have been exonerated by The Innocence Project. He still refuses to admit wrong in one of cases.

Article entitled: Why haven't trusted Norm Wolfinger long before Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...zimmerman.html
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #9918
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
HOLY SHKIT.. George Zimmerman has Mark O'Mara as his new lawyer. Dear goodness.. his parents are shelling out an effin GRIP for this guy. Mark O'Mara is a legal expert. Not to mention Mark O'Mara is very sharp..hmm. Damn how much money did Zimmerman raise in that PAYPAL account from his website.. sheesh.
A lot...and you'd be surprised who "chipped in".
Oh I am not surprised at all NEA...not surprised at all. I was just being tongue in cheek really.

I am listening to the news and all the law experts and analysts are saying that Angela Corey MUST have some new evidence that Wolfinger (the initial head of state attorney office that said there just wasn't enough evidence to get a conviction) just didn't have in order to get a conviction. Well known lawyer Mark Geragos is saying she'd HAVE to have more than what's been in the media to actually get a conviction especially since she went for 2nd degree murder very interesting.

If she's as sharp as she presented herself at that press conference..she'd have to know that.. so either she has big time new evidence or like I said she's doing this ish because of pressure and trying to make a name for herself. Cause she knows better. But all still remains to be seen.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #9919
 
greenjumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjumper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post

My white coworker shared with another white coworker that blacks naturally have oily skin because we eat a lot of fried foods.

Yep. Okay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.

I remember one summer when all of my friends were genuinely surprised that I and another friend of ours from Bangladesh had tan lines...like other races can't tan because they aren't pale to start with. They were also surprised when we told them that we could get sunburned....

Like really....just because I'm already on the brown side doesn't mean I'm somehow magically resistant to the gigantic burning fireball that is the sun. If you put an already brown piece of toast back in the toaster for long enough...it'll turn black eventually and burn. Same thing.


i hear that all the time, like "why are you putting on sunscreen?", maaaaaaan **** you and yo mama, and yo greasy granny.

and I get sunburned so easily, don't know why.

my annoying roommate when I first met her she told me that black people could run faster they had special muscles white people don't have and thats what her coaches taught her, so she was never able to out run them during track meets


.....She had to learn that day and she did.
Hahahaha! I've heard the special muscles one too.

I know genetics play a role is physical ability but a special muscle? Ok.
greenjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #9920
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanab View Post

I believe it does take this long to make sure you can WIN a second degree murder case. Voice analysis, interviewing pathologist, emt personnel, getting the video enhanced to determine if any blood is on his clothing, etc. All of those things take time.

This woman does not like to lose.
I definitely think Angela Corey was up on her game but to me a lot of this bs is because it will reflect badly on her if it even looked like she was doing something that was underhanded and not following the law exactly and precisely. This case is ALL in the media and could ruin her. She's not stupid. I noticed in the press conference she made SURE she covered those bases well.. letting the public know in countless ways she and her team were doing this on the up and up and had been from the very moments she got involved. I'm telling you.. she's gonna make a name for herself with this...

Sure.. I think all that stuff she and her office had to do takes time but a lot of folks I've heard are ticked off at the fact that it got all messed up in the first place. Chris Serino, the lead investigator had recommended that Zimmerman be charged cause his story didn't add up to him. Norman Wolfinger, the head of the state attorney's office said there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman..so instructed that no charges be made. Then enter Angela Correy as a special prosecutor..because law enforcement had already effed up from jump.. so they knew they better do something else...fast. Appointing her was a very smart move.

Now I don't know what evidence Angela Correy has to make a conviction that Wolfinger didn't but I can't wait to see or hear this stuff.
Norm Wolfinger does not like to admit his mistakes. Two men served twenty years in prison, under his tenure for crimes they did not commit. Both men have been exonerated by The Innocence Project. He still refuses to admit wrong in one of cases.

Article entitled: Why haven't trusted Norm Wolfinger long before Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman

Why I haven’t trusted Norm Wolfinger – long before Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman – Taking Names the Blog – Orlando Sentinel
Yeah I know he's been shady..that's why I think they were smart to get Corey.. because they knew it was effed up from jump like I said and they didn't want any chance at any issue.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com